18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Which two games? The last two? Norwich have conceded more in those two against weaker opposition.

Just because some of us selfishly haven’t decided to crown Norwich champions in time for their Christmas party, doesn’t make us deluded. 

Hopeful yep, fanciful even. Deluded? Not quite.

I'm don't even have hope for it, because top 2 is not happening. I'm sorry it just isn't.

I will sell my car and donate my liver if we finish in the top 2.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm don't even have hope for it, because top 2 is not happening. I'm sorry it just isn't.

I will sell my car and donate my liver if we finish in the top 2.

Doesn’t make people on here who think it’s possible “deluded”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Hard pill to swallow, but I think it’s just West Midlands clubs that are obsessed with you, that’s the thing. You’re comfortably the biggest side in the region with an absolute classic of a football ground, you’r the logical team to envy. But beyond the West Midlands, you’re relatively insignificant. 

Now, forgive me if I sound arrogant, but Leeds United are a national obsession. Called scum and hated pretty much wherever we go. There’s a reason why you’ll hear ‘We all hate Leeds Scum’ at grounds up and down the country and not ‘We all hate Villa.’ Just Wolves, Birmingham, Coventry and West Brom who hate you lads, sorry 

Okaaaaaay.

Leeds United, insignificant for well over a decade now are nationally more significant than Aston Villa.

Why are we inundated with Leeds fans on here? Are we the butt of some kind of joke/trolling that I/we don't get?!

I don't care that fans of other clubs post on here, it's a free world (kind of), but let's not forget that they mostly appeared around the time we looked set to run into some serious financial concern in the summer so my own take is that they weren't really here to wish us well, more likely to revel in our pending misery (at the time).

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That i agree with you on. There are some deluded fans on here which have naive expectations.

The reality is we are 10 points behind 2nd. With a defense and keeper like this there is little hope in reaching the top 2 and i don't think the January window will just magically fix our defense. New arrivals need time to adjust and settle in, it's not an over night thing.

I agree it's very unlikely we will reach top 2 but it's no way delusional. A 10 point gap at this point of the season doesn't really mean much especially as those at the top really aren't that special. I wouldn't be shocked if Norwich and Leeds both finished outside the play offs. 

I checked the Leeds forum a couple of weeks back discussing us as a threat and i saw people referring us as "Vile" which is a direct insult and lack of respect to me.

What are their beef against us? Don't understand it

This point has been made twice now and twice completely ignored, so I'd like to highlight it again. 

Everyone who is not a direct rival refers to Leeds as Leeds. Apparently half the league refer to us as "Vile" 

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Surprisingly for all the praise Smith has gotten (rightfully so). The form over his 9 games is not much better then us and and this weekend could change it. 

That’s only surprising if you take the 9 games in isolation and completely forget about the clubs form up to the time he took over. 

You have been good all season so there’s no surprise your form is as good as ours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Hard pill to swallow, but I think it’s just West Midlands clubs that are obsessed with you, that’s the thing. You’re comfortably the biggest side in the region with an absolute classic of a football ground, you’r the logical team to envy. But beyond the West Midlands, you’re relatively insignificant. 

Now, forgive me if I sound arrogant, but Leeds United are a national obsession. Called scum and hated pretty much wherever we go. There’s a reason why you’ll hear ‘We all hate Leeds Scum’ at grounds up and down the country and not ‘We all hate Villa.’ Just Wolves, Birmingham, Coventry and West Brom who hate you lads, sorry 

Millwall fans can say the same thing. It’s not something to be proud of mate.

Its nothing to do with the size of the club. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okaaaaaay.

Leeds United, insignificant for well over a decade now are nationally more significant than Aston Villa.

Why are we inundated with Leeds fans on here? Are we the butt of some kind of joke/trolling that I/we don't get?!

I don't care that fans of other clubs post on here, it's a free world (kind of), but let's not forget that they mostly appeared around the time we looked set to run into some serious financial concern in the summer so my own take is that they weren't really here to wish us well, more likely to revel in our pending misery (at the time).

Tbf unless your challenging for the top 4 then your insignificant nationally.

Most clubs have been "insignificant" for years aside from a select few.

• Like 2

Just now, Cjay said:

Tbf unless your challenging for the top 4 then your insignificant nationally.

Most clubs have been "insignificant" for years aside from a select few.

In the grand scheme of things you're not wrong but it's a bit of a stretch to claim that Leeds are nationally significant whereas Villa are only a regional concern.

I know it wasn't you that wrote that btw.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s only surprising if you take the 9 games in isolation and completely forget about the clubs form up to the time he took over. 

You have been good all season so there’s no surprise your form is as good as ours. 

True its a mark improvement on previous form. 

"Moose" from talksport is very keen that you get promted along with other English managers like Darren Moore, Tony Pulis and Chris Wilder.

Shame nobody told him that Pulis is Welsh.

He discounted Chris Hughton from his list of "English managers" in the Prem so Jamaican international Darren Moore cant count either.

Bizarre man.

• Like 1

I checked the Leeds forum a couple of weeks back discussing us as a threat and i saw people referring us as "Vile" which is a direct insult and lack of respect to me.

What are their beef against us? Don't understand it

Can I ask which forum ? There is only really one Leeds forum of any note, the others are just small groups of mates. I've honestly never seen anyone refer to "Villa" as "Vile" on the main forum, but I might have missed it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

True its a mark improvement on previous form. 

"Moose" from talksport is very keen that you get promted along with other English managers like Darren Moore, Tony Pulis and Chris Wilder.

Shame nobody told him that Pulis is Welsh.

He discounted Chris Hughton from his list of "English managers" in the Prem so Jamaican international Darren Moore cant count either.

Bizarre man.

He is full of shit. I don’t know how anybody can want Pulis and his brand of football promoted. I don’t care what nationality he is! 

Bielsa’s teams have been playing the right way for years. I think he is doing an amazing job with Leeds. 

9 minutes ago, hooter said:

Can I ask which forum ? There is only really one Leeds forum of any note, the others are just small groups of mates. I've honestly never seen anyone refer to "Villa" as "Vile" on the main forum, but I might have missed it.

I saw it tbf, cant remember which forum, i only post on one but i look at others.

"Vile are scoring lots of goals and thats concerning" something like that.

May have been Motforum but be surprised if it was anymore then one person.

Edited by Cjay

That i agree with you on. There are some deluded fans on here which have naive expectations.

The reality is we are 10 points behind 2nd. With a defense and keeper like this there is little hope in reaching the top 2 and i don't think the January window will just magically fix our defense. New arrivals need time to adjust and settle in, it's not an over night thing.

What absolute nonsense

Just because you have a lack of faith in the manager, players and playing style despite us proving in the last number of games that we are more than a match for anyone, doesnt mean people who don't share your negativity are naive or deluded.

I'll happily take your car from you if the mighty Villa make the top 2.

if you cared to read the previous page it was pointed out that we were a similar 10 points behind then 2nd place Cardiff and just 9 games later we were 4 points ahead of them. There are 25 games to go, believing we can catch the top 2 is not deluded. And nobody is expecting that we catch them, just pointing out that it can be done as it was last season but this time we are far better.

As for any weaknesses in the playing squad, have you looked at the calendar? theres a transfer window almost upon us! We don't need major surgery as our form proves, just a bit of tweaking

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, weedman said:

This point has been made twice now and twice completely ignored, so I'd like to highlight it again. 

Everyone who is not a direct rival refers to Leeds as Leeds. Apparently half the league refer to us as "Vile" 

Which forum are you looking at I’ve never ever seen anyone refer to villa as vile. The biggest forum waccoe doesn’t even have a thread on villa. Also I think it’s pretty common knowledge that Leeds are labelled dirty Leeds or Leeds scum & fans of clubs up & down the country  seem to dislike us for no apparent reason

47 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Which forum are you looking at I’ve never ever seen anyone refer to villa as vile. The biggest forum waccoe doesn’t even have a thread on villa. Also I think it’s pretty common knowledge that Leeds are labelled dirty Leeds or Leeds scum & fans of clubs up & down the country  seem to dislike us for no apparent reason

The few racist idiots aside which I have personally witnessed twice. Your fans are alright. 

40 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Why weren’t all these Leeds fans here when the club changed their badge last season?

That could have been great :D

I couldn't pick myself up off the floor laughing long enough to register. 

• Like 1