18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brentford getting battered.

The Smith only being successful due to their "system" myth is crumbling week after week,

It really is isn’t it? 

I bought into that to an extent because I hadn’t watched Brentford (apart from when they played us) and because the set up was so widely spoken of. I haven’t really seen another set up scrutinised in that way before so I just assumed there must have been something in what was being said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Norwich are running away with this league

They have played against the dross of the league other the game against us the past few weeks.  Long way to go yet have faith.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Snoddy scored for West Ham. He’ll always be an honorary Villan in my mind

I thought so too, but today’s papers are reporting that he’s blamed his weight gain on his season at the Villa. Hope it’s not true, as I thought his character was better than that.

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I thought so too, but today’s papers are reporting that he’s blamed his weight gain on his season at the Villa. Hope it’s not true, as I thought his character was better than that.

I hadn’t heard that... but it is the papers, they make up any old garbage. He seemed very physically fit when playing for us last year. 

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Probably used to go chippy with Bruce after training. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s the one that said he apparently put weight on. 

I didn’t have any problem with his fitness.

I think ‘according to the papers’ is the bit that discredits the story. Mud sticks, but no idea if it’s true in this case. I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt, he genuinely seemed to enjoy playing here.

12 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Yep, said he hated it as he was eating at service stations in the rush to get back to his family.