Match Thread: Play Off Final v Fulham

limpid

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're not the only one and yes it is complete domination from them, we are absolutely horrendous in every single department, it's men against boys despite us having the more 'experienced' players.

That of course is 100% not what @Sidcow was saying. Hope you are cheering at the top of your voice for my team, Mr “Pangloss”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry I am here in the stadium. All this shit about being dominated by Fulham is nonsense. Yes were been awful but have Fulham had one shot on target other than the goal? 

We need to take one chance and its back to 50 50 

Thats nice that your in the stadium. Im watching on tv and my eyes dont fail me. Fulham owned the ball first half.

Such a typically Villa-ish performance so far. Our players are embarrassingly static and some of them frankly don’t look arsed, which,  given the occasion, I find staggering. Almost every time one of our players gets the ball near the Fulham box, there’s no support and they’re left totally isolated. The contrast between the two teams is stark. I can’t see us turning this around, unfortunately.

Regarding the stamp - it’s another area where football needs to learn from rugby. A TMO would’ve picked up on that and the guy would be off. Dirty, dirty word removed. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Can’t believe Villa started with the same tactics against Boro.

Have looked ponderous and a team full of players which are in the twilight of their careers against a young vibrant Fulham side with a progressive manager who teaches and preaches pass and move football.

Villa do have players like Fulham but they’re stuck in the U23s and it’s scandalous that they haven’t been used more. For me Bruce’s biggest mistake.

One last thought on that pathetic first half performance. Terry showed exactly why on 40 minutes he should never play in the Premiership again and sadly the Fulham’s mangers comments prior to the game have so far proven right.

I am afraid you are so right ! I watched few of our under 23 games it’s so much better ... 

6 minutes ago, blunther said:

The blatant attempt to snap Grealish’s knee is quite a big moment in the game. I didn’t say he’s responsible for our performance, but every time he refs us his performance is so bad that it can only be fraudulent. The man is a crook. 

I stand corrected.  That call should have been made by Taylor or AR, but since neither of them did Friend should have.  

• Like 1

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Just thought I'd pop in here to see if Hourihane has been on in the last 45 minute? He's done **** all on the pitch!

He hasn’t but we’ve either been defending or giving the ball back to Johnstone to hoof it and bypass the mid!

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Just thought I'd pop in here to see if Hourihane has been on in the last 45 minute? He's done **** all on the pitch!

That's actually very wrong. He spent the whole half complaining to the referee. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Don’t be daft, he’s been awful, tackling none existent and jogging about 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

We might be a goal down and I might not be at Wembley, but I'm in a pub in Oxford drinking with Gary Parker and he is sound as you like.

could do with a Parker special about now!

one of my favourite players in his era. Fond memories. Say hi :)

• Like 1