• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Onomah (Elmohamady 77)
    • Kodjia (Jedinak 77)
    • Hogan (Hourihane 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/18 at 22:59

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'm over it already. We weren't good enough, didn't deserve to go up. Bring on next season. I suspect Bruce may resign. 

This was a very depressing result, but I agree with you. We weren't good enough all season. The one time we sneaked into second, it took us a second to drop off. Now I don't have to wonder how on earth we'll stay up with this bunch and manager. 

• Haha 1

Meh I think the only benefit of going up was the money so many things are better in this league.  I wanted us to win of course but you can’t say Fulham did not deserve to go up over the season.

Interesting summer ahead.

Said in before though but you gotta play your energetic defensive midfielder against passing teams and that is what cost us in this game.

If Grealish had scored that mazy run I would have cried! 

UTV

Edited by S-Platt

Tell me , am I the only one, who, no matter what we wasn't going to score ? I'm absolutely gutted, the way we set up for the start of the game, you'd of thought we were playing Real Madrid. How can Fulham be the bookies favorites, when we're one of the biggest clubs in English football ?

I'm just bewildered that we could not have the confidence to be on the front foot from the start. 

Please not another season with the same old negative, boring, football.

Oh the horrible irony of the Liverpool keeper making the massive error I predicted, only for them to equalise immediately from a corner. Why can’t Villa ever do that? And also, bang goes Jimmy Rimmer’s record of ‘only player to leave a European Cup Final with a shoulder injury in the first half.’

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Really not that gutted. Not sure if its because I'm in my 30s, hasnt sunk in yet or because its not the be all and end all.

After the FA Cup final I was a mess.

For me it's the be all and end all.

Another season in the Championship , where's the joy in that ?

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

if bruce is villa manager monday morning, im done with this club. absolute embarrassment.

every man and his dog said if villa start defensively they will lose.  mastermind bruce decides to ignore EVERYONE and play defensively from the start.  GUESS WHAT?  WE LOST YOU INEPT CLOWN!

Keeping it tight and frustrate them wasn't a stupid move, playing that way and not tracking a runner from midfield and getting undone with one good through ball was the problem there. Always the risk if you want to play on teh counter. It's a legitimate tactic and has brought success to many teams down the years (Capello, Mourinho, etc. etc.), the problem was we never pressed with enough energy first half and wasted the ball. Second half we were loads better, shoudl have scored one of our chances too.

Not an embarrassment for me, but I think itìs the end of Bruce all the same. Xia surely won't ignore the gulf in class on the ball, out of the 3 teams that went up 2 are ball playing, attractive, intelligent pass and move sides and one is managed by Colin rocket polisher. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Friday 5 August, 1945 KO, Aston Villa teamsheet at home to Stoke City on Sky TV: Steer, Bree, Suliman, Dean, Roberts, Whelan, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, O’Hare, Hogan. Manager Dean Smith.

That's a **** awful side.

1 hour ago, AXD said:

I’m not too fussed about losing our loan players. Johnstone and snodgrass where key players, but a decent goalkeeper should be possible to find (gollini?) and I believe in green to come in as a starting winger next season. Grabban was brought because of the long term injury of Kodjia, who will have a full season again for us next year. Tuanzebe and onomah just blocked our own youth players.

biggest loss will be terry, that’s the most worrying position. And grealish isn’t gone yet. If we sell him, it’ll be for a lot of money which could be used wisely.

Sorry but on that performance alone today Terry won't be such a big loss on the pitch but Villa could and should offer him a defensive coaching role at the club if Bruce is retained.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Gutted but,

When you play that negatively in the first half in a play off final, I can't honestly say you deserve to win,

When you get 20 minutes to attack Vs 10 men and you repeatedly fail to spread the ball and create men over and show little urgency, I can't honestly say you deserve to win.

So frustrating when we do get the ball down with grealish snoddy and adomah we look such a dangerous side.

The only thing that made this worse was having to watch this in a 'neutral area' that turned out to be in the the Fulham fans end.

I don't know if Bruce is the right man or not, but there are no excuses next year whoever is in charge, we were far and away the best team/squad not to go up this year and winning the league should be our only goal.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Keeping it tight and frustrate them wasn't a stupid move, playing that way and not tracking a runner from midfield and getting undone with one good through ball was the problem there. Always the risk if you want to play on teh counter. It's a legitimate tactic and has brought success to many teams down the years (Capello, Mourinho, etc. etc.), the problem was we never pressed with enough energy first half and wasted the ball. Second half we were loads better, shoudl have scored one of our chances too.

Not an embarrassment for me, but I think itìs the end of Bruce all the same. Xia surely won't ignore the gulf in class on the ball, out of the 3 teams that went up 2 are ball playing, attractive, intelligent pass and move sides and one is managed by Colin rocket polisher. 

Sorry but i cant disagree more.

Literally everyone within football, manahers and pundits alike, said to neat fulham you take the game to them not play deep and on the defensive.

Starting the game with a defensive sysyem cost us the game and hopefully cost Bruce his job.

If you are not embarassed then fair play to you. But ive been ashamed of the way villa have played for nearly a decade and today bar 15 or 20 minutes was as bad as any ive seen in that time.

A one legged mouse had more chance of scoring on his own than our 11 did the 1st half thats how poor we were.  And our inability to retain possession and use it effectively rests firmly on the managers shoulders.

51 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Gutted but,

When you play that negatively in the first half in a play off final, I can't honestly say you deserve to win,

When you get 20 minutes to attack Vs 10 men and you repeatedly fail to spread the ball and create men over and show little urgency, I can't honestly say you deserve to win.

So frustrating when we do get the ball down with grealish snoddy and adomah we look such a dangerous side.

The only thing that made this worse was having to watch this in a 'neutral area' that turned out to be in the the Fulham fans end.

I don't know if Bruce is the right man or not, but there are no excuses next year whoever is in charge, we were far and away the best team/squad not to go up this year and winning the league should be our only goal.

Unfortunately i doubt much of our current squad will be here next season...

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

On the ref front, how on earth did this only get a second yellow instead of a straight red?! 

3776.jpg?w=620&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

Didn't really matter he still got sent off, without the first yellow it probably would have been a red .

• Like 1