• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Onomah (Elmohamady 77)
    • Kodjia (Jedinak 77)
    • Hogan (Hourihane 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/18 at 22:59

Going to be another rebuild for us I think. Grabban, Grealish, Onomah, Terry and some others will be gone at the very least. Bruce will be gone as he failed his remit for the first two seasons.. I hope whoever is in charge next instils some inspiring and quality football.

We didn't turn up in the first half and when we did turn up we had added too much pressure, every chance meant everything and we didn't capitalise at all. 

PS. I actually meant to say Snoddy instead of Grealish, but Grealish might be gone as well. My subconscious had me to type out Grealish..

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

Better team won, Hutton and Snoddy especially shite, feel like I made more effort getting up at 2am to watch it then most in our shirt, didn't turn up at all.

Edited by Mehman

First half cost us. This could be the worst result in the clubs recent history. Can't see much of this lot being in the team when we kick off against Brentford or Wigan or whoever in August. 

• Like 1

Beaten by Bruce anti football tactics in the first half. So typical throughout this season. I have not changed my mind from the day he was appointed. I never wanted him and today has proved me and many others right. 2 seasons and a load of cash and we are still where we were 2 years ago.

• Like 4

Totally expected and deserved. This is what happens when you rely on ancient dinosaur tactics to squeeze results. We were always going to play a club that actually plays football in these playoffs and I knew we'd be played off the park when it happened.

• Like 3

Limp, uninventive, inept. Typical Villa letdown. Grealish on a different planet to the rest of the team but couldn’t do it on his own. 

Bruce has to go. There is no valid argument for him staying. We haven’t looked like a team that has been well-coached in quite some time. 

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Just worried who we gonna lose. Not bothered bout staying in champonship 

We're going to lose a lot of players this Summer. I just hope that we keep Grealish, he's a die hard Villa fan, but he's also likely way too good for this league. Stick him in a Top 10 worthy Premier League team and he'll be the engine they always dreamt of. It's going to be a rebuild job this Summer..

That's the end of Bruce I think, they were different class in terms of movement and pattern of play. Tactically miles ahead of us, just look at how they managed the game with ten men.

One defensive lapse has cost us very dearly, as has the lack of the red card fro the stamp. If you are going to try and close out the game and score on teh break you can't gift a goal. Had we scored in our purple patch before the red card we might have actually won. Fine lines. 

Now we need to keep hold of Jack and build a team around him, new manager, hopefully a director of football and a plan and we won't need to spend £100m to create a team that can actually play football, Fulham have done it on much less cash. As have Cardiff. Wolves spent less too. We should have gone automatically, we could have beat that Fulham team today. Massive summer, huge job on for us now. 

• Like 4