Confirmation Agree With Terms & Conditions

chrisp65

Question

First time I ever actually read a set before ticking 'I agree'.

For some reason, I just suspected there could be a tester line in there, to see if people actually read it. But there wasn't. I think I'm disappointed.

But congrats at actually having a set of terms that could be read!

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

What is the pop up that appears when first coming onto the site on a mobile device? (Apple). I go through it and turn off all the filters and hit save/exit. I don’t like it though. 

It says something about ‘Purposes’

Edited by Tayls
1 minute ago, Tayls said:

What is the pop up that appears when first coming onto the site on a mobile device? (Apple). I go through it and turn off all the filters and hit save/exit. I don’t like it though. 

It says something about ‘Purposes’

As per the red text at the top of the forum - start a new thread for a new issue.

This is consent so that we can continue to show you personalised ads. The less information you allow, the less money VT will make to pay the bills. If you don't like ads, please consider paying to remove them (in the store at the top of the page).

Ah sorry thought it might all fall under the same thing - related to GDPR etc. 

I clear my browsing history on my phone every time I have finished browsing. So, guess it means I am going to need to complete this form every time I come onto VT :( 

Just now, Tayls said:

Ah sorry thought it might all fall under the same thing - related to GDPR etc. 

I clear my browsing history on my phone every time I have finished browsing. So, guess it means I am going to need to complete this form every time I come onto VT :( 

It is related to GDPR. It's the very essence of GDPR ?

You're going to need to explain what you are talking about. There is a pop up which you can dismiss by clicking "I accept". You don't need to complete a form.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

It is related to GDPR. It's the very essence of GDPR ?

You're going to need to explain what you are talking about. There is a pop up which you can dismiss by clicking "I accept". You don't need to complete a form.

Exactly! We should change the name of this topic to ‘GDPR shiz’.... 

i’mweird when it comes to my data etc, so I don’t want any companies getting any info at all. So I go through and change the sliders to no. Just means I have to do each time I go onto the site, because I clear my browsing history after every time I finish using safari. 

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Exactly! We should change the name of this topic to ‘GDPR shiz’.... 

i’mweird when it comes to my data etc, so I don’t want any companies getting any info at all. So I go through and change the sliders to no. Just means I have to do each time I go onto the site, because I clear my browsing history after every time I finish using safari. 

There is an easy solution then...

But you have told them not to track so they won't. You are then removing the cookies which store that instruction not to track.