Champions League final: Real Madrid vs Liverpool

The_Rev

Champions League final 2018  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Champions League?

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/18 at 18:45

The second most important game of the day, but it's also a biggie.   AFAIK there are only four planes from Liverpool airport to Kiev, 600 seats in total for 19000 tickets which have been allocated to Liverpool,  a guy I work with has got tickets and his route to the stadium is insane. Flying to Moldova, picking a hire car up at the airport then driving 400 miles to Kiev before finding somewhere to kip in the car on the way back to Moldova.  Real Madrid have returned 2000 tickets because the city is so inaccessible and hotel rooms are pretty much non existent for the weekend of the final (seems that AirBnB have killed the hotel business there, then people with rooms to let have priced themselves out of the market).  Ridiculous logistics aside it could be a great game, I think you could make a case for Liverpool to blow Real Madrid away within 20 minutes or for Madrid to tear Liverpool a new one, either way I don't think it will be as dull as the FA Cup final was. 

Hoping I am in the mood to watch this somewhere around Wembley after our game should be a cracker.  I am going for 3-3 aet and pens.  Liverpool to win which I don't mind as fed up of Real winning it every year.

the logistics are playing in to UEFAs hands, theres a few reports today saying it simply doesnt work in kiev so why dont they try moving it to the middle east or new york

FWIW the 2020 multiple cities idea (the ones where they picked the stadiums with the best coporate facilities and host the semis and final in world footballs golden goose) cam off the back of a shit euros in ukraine

its probably also worth noting that whilst it was no doubt easier due to the multiple other airports and shorter travel times but i bet flying in to and staying in cardiff last year was a bad experience too

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I hope to be so drunk celebrating that I have no idea about this game until the next morning :)

:D  I'm the same.

I'll definitely be finding somewhere to watch it (or whatever is left after our game).

But I don't anticipate remembering much of it :) 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully Madrid win, couldn't stand to see the black armbands win.

Me too, Ronaldo hat-trick would be nice.

Ref the logistics there was talk on the radio that Liverpool fans are getting hold of tickets from Real Madrid fans who can't get there so there will be scousers all over the ground. Certain trouble I think.

Salah to score a hat-trick and rightfully win the next Ballon d'Or for actually being the best performer in a season, thus ending the Messi/Ronaldo wankfest.

Ideally Salah scores every goal having nutmegged Sergio Ramos at least 10 times and the game ends with Ronaldo crying, but those would just be bonuses.

Â