Battlefield 5

PieFacE

I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. After a couple if hrs game play I've not really felt part of a huge battle yet. Plenty of bugs to sort out as well. 

Don't really see anyone building up fortifications either. 

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Big meh from me. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but it feels tired, a bit similar to COD in recent years.

A tired feeling Battlefield in the one year where Call of Duty reinvents itself and is actually somewhat good this year. The misfortune of EA after the Battlefront II fiasco continues, I'm curious to see if the misfortune affects Anthem in the coming months.

Love it. 

Play in a squad if you're not, otherwise you will get rinsed by squads.  I went support for the 4 operations games I played last night and was building fortifications whilst a huge gunfight was happening on aerodrome, I was digging a trench towards the enemy and building sandbags either side so we could shoot them, but they couldn't shoot us! Was amazing being part of that 3 man squad, holding off the enemy while we could see them getting closer and closer - held that line for about 5 mins when everyone of our team has either retreated or died - A great moment.

I was fortifying the AA's/resupplying EVERYONE when defending Narvik, being almost a runner for the rest of my squad whilst they were holding off the enemy and I was sporadically jumping into the AA's to take down planes as fast as I could.  I only finished the game something like 4-1, but I came 4th because I was running my tits off assisting the squad.

I enjoyed the Devastation map and the Rotterdam, where my squad mate and I got a huge flank over their team because we built a bridge going from the main bridge, into a back alley of houses and being completely unseen.  

I took out 3 tanks on Hamada and won conquest on that, huge map! I like it! 

I had a great 2 hours on it.  I died a few times which were quick deaths, but that's a bug they have identified, but nothing I had last night felt particularly unfair, and it was really good being able to revive medics back, who have picked you up a lot.  Smoke is very effective for cover whilst they come for you.  

The Medic Class weapons are getting a buff over range, which should help them.  

But no, in all honesty, I really enjoyed it. It's harsh, but fair and with a couple of patches, more content (the whole point of tides of war), it'll be great.  

If you're playing console, then I cannot emphasize this enough, but play around with your settings/configs - it'll make a world of difference.  I basically use this guys set up, but reduce the sensitivity to 80;

I can only assume that despite you aiming beyond the lamppost that the bounding box got in the way.

Actually pausing right as you call it in confirms that. The targeting reticule jumps forward as it gets caught on the bounding box which is a good 1-2 inches wider than the lamppost itself.

• Like 1

Had some wonderful games on this last night. 

Went 35-1 on Rotterdam using the Bren Machine gun.  It's got a very low rate of fire, but I'm finding that slapping a 3x scope on ALL of my support weapons and really taking my time getting onto a capture point is proving very fruitful. 

I've exclusively played Support, and in the last 3 games (from Bf3) I've felt that class has been a bit under-loved.  But with the anti-tank mines (which you can use like C4 almost, as long as you shoot what you've put on the floor), the fast fortification building (which is so useful!) then it feels like they really have value.  I'm got so many resupply points from spamming ammo packs EVERYWHERE, I'm hoping I get a good rep among players who moan about support players not doing their jobs. 

Really enjoying it.  I've only had 1 death too, which I thought was properly around a corner, but that guy had a 78 ping - apart from that, I've had no complaints about deaths whatsoever.

I was playing this game with my brother and like all games, it became instantly more fun when playing with someone else.

Cross-platform gaming needs to happen next-gen for all games, it's stupid that in 2018 I can't get ammo from Lapal just because we use different consoles. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 1

Haven't been able to spend much time on the PS4 over the last few weeks but hoping to get a chance to put some hours in soon. Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield guys!

20 hours ago, dubbs said:

Haven't been able to spend much time on the PS4 over the last few weeks but hoping to get a chance to put some hours in soon. Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield guys!

Don't do it to yourself mate! :lol:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2018 at 10:06, dubbs said:

Why is it so difficult to find a decent squad of random players on this game??? It's so much more fun when you're with players who work together. 

You got to have VOIP on and ask if people have mics mate.  

I'm lucky in that I sort of have quite a large pool of people to play with, so it's much easier for me not to play alone.  But some people will listen to you and join in - you got to be brave :) 

You're more than welcome to play with me whenever I'm on - just invite me or join on me. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It's got no chance. Not free to play, massive install, no one has the game and it's late to the party in the genre. 

Madness for it not to be free. 

I know EA have an issue making AAA games free, but I thought they'd have at least added Battlefield V to EA Access/Origin Access Basic to coincide with the launch of Firestorm. Most people curious about this will be put off by the premium price as you said, but if they have an Xbox or PC then £3.99 a month may be enough to tempt them. It wouldn't be free, but it'd be close enough and it would do a lot to help.

First impressions, meh. Apex is 10x better. 

Everything takes way too long to load and get into a game. With no respawn mechanic it's very shit if your team mate dies early, especially given how long it then takes to get into another game.

Genuinely think CoDs attempt at a BR game is better.

Edited by PieFacE

Â