Battlefield 5

PieFacE

EA have completely **** the marketing for this. There basically hasn't been any.

And then they decided to release it between it's biggest competitor and what will likely be the biggest game of the year.

They've **** it. Again.

• Like 1

Not really hyped for this like I thought I would be.  The closed alpha gameplay which I've seen is ok but not exactly a huge leap forward from BF1.  I'll watch with interest as the release gets closer but with RDR2 coming out around the same time I'll most likely wait for this. 

Beta starts 4th Sept for those with pre-order codes. 6th Sept for everyone on all platforms

Can wait to get my hands on it. Although the gamescom stuff is under embargo until 31st Aug some of the stuff being leaked looks great

39 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Looks like Rotterdam will be the Beta Map and maybe day 1 of the Norway map we've all seen. 

Should be fun. 

I have faith it'll be a good game, because all BF's have been fun. 

If you enjoy Battlefield games you'll enjoy Battlefield V. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Battlefield, but I have 30-40 hours in the game over the first two Closed Alpha tests.

I personally didn't like Battlefield 1, but something about Battlefield V has clicked with me and I love it.  

• Like 1

Release has been pushed back to November 20th. Officially this is to allow time for further tweaks.

I suspect the reason is rather more they realised launching sandwiched between COD and RDR2 was really, really **** stupid.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Release has been pushed back to November 20th. Officially this is to allow time for further tweaks.

I suspect the reason is rather more they realised launching sandwiched between COD and RDR2 was really, really **** stupid.

Not to mention Battlefield V's pre-orders are the lowest the series has seen in a long time due to numerous factors.

This game was going to fail if it kept the same release date, hell it may still fail, but launching 3 weeks after Red Dead 2 is way better than launching a week before it. 

Just had a quick go on my lunch break, quite like it! Feels a lot more slower paced, needing to pick up medical packs and ammo is going to take some getting used to but ultimately it will be better for the game.

I played BF4 recently to get in the mood and it was pure chaos, this felt like a good tempo but that could be due to its full of people who don't know what they are doing. 

Looks lovely on the X too. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

So is the Battle Royale mode in the beta? 

It's not. The Battle Royale mode likely won't be available at launch so they are currently beta testing all the stuff that will be there at launch. 

It's also called "Fire Storm". (the BR mode)

By all accounts, it's doing well on social media, people seem to love the gun play etc. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I wish DICE would grow some balls and remove aim assist completely. 

The best setting for vets is taking "auto rotation" off and leave on "slow down" - on console obviously.

I use it and my k/d went from 2.3 to 3.5 from bf4 to bf1.  Makes headshotting much easier and if you get the instance where 2 enemies somehow appear in a similar position, the auto-rotation doesn't fight itself to put you on a target's body. 

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Is there a ‘campaign mode’ for single player or is it all multiplayer based? Never played Battlefield before, but I enjoy WWI/II games... 

There is a full single-player campaign. There is an endless mission mode that you can play in co-op with friends. There is competitive multiplayer. There is battle royale.

Battlefield V has more content in it than almost any other Battlefield game released to date, you'll find plenty to do. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's also called "Fire Storm". (the BR mode)

By all accounts, it's doing well on social media, people seem to love the gun play etc. 

The best setting for vets is taking "auto rotation" off and leave on "slow down" - on console obviously.

I use it and my k/d went from 2.3 to 3.5 from bf4 to bf1.  Makes headshotting much easier and if you get the instance where 2 enemies somehow appear in a similar position, the auto-rotation doesn't fight itself to put you on a target's body. 

Cool i'll give that a go! Was having issues last night with my aim drifting away from who I was trying to shoot when someone ran across the screen. Frustrating!

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Cool i'll give that a go! Was having issues last night with my aim drifting away from who I was trying to shoot when someone ran across the screen. Frustrating!

Yea, that tech was implemented in BF4, and carried over to BF1.  You couldn't change it in BF4, but they added the option in BF1.

It's in loads of shooters and when you stop using it, when you see it (fortnite, overwatch, other arena shooters), it's absolutely unbearable. 

In fortnite, if you kill someone for about 2 seconds the dead players hit box is still in the world, so if someone comes behind that downed player, you can't shoot them.  As you can imagine, on a drop with loads of other players, it's incredibly frustrating. 

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

What a difference this makes! Lining up headshots seems to be so much easier. I feel like my aim is actually going where I want it to go now. 

Nice one! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What a difference this makes! Lining up headshots seems to be so much easier. I feel like my aim is actually going where I want it to go now. 

Nice one! 

No worries :) 

You'll notice that you start to love 4x scopes now, after years of having absolutely hated them :lol:  

I'm really unsure about this game. There's sooooo much visual noise all over the place it's really hard to see people. The sound all seems a bit off and I can never seem to tell where i'm getting shot from even with good headphones. Dunno if it will be day 1 for me after playing the beta, tis fun, but will get boring quick. Just more of the same really.

• Like 2

Â