What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm a big fan of Thornbridge as well.

Have you tried a Necessary Evil? It's a bit of a marmite beer among my mates.

I haven't. I must admit i'm not a massive fan of 10% plus ales/stouts. 

Saying that, I have one of those 'Dessert in a can" drinks to have when the time comes! I think that is 10%

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I haven't. I must admit i'm not a massive fan of 10% plus ales/stouts. 

Saying that, I have one of those 'Dessert in a can" drinks to have when the time comes! I think that is 10%

Fair enough, I love my imperials!

I only had the one dessert in a can, blueberry pancake stack, I think. For me, the first third was a pleasure then it became really hard work, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I only had the one dessert in a can, blueberry pancake stack, I think. For me, the first third was a pleasure then it became really hard work, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

I've got the raspberry and salted caramel cheesecake one. Keep looking at it and thinking "some other time"

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can drink a stout in any weather. I'm out in the garden with another glass of that Oreo stout. Chilled though.

Yep, that Breakfast Stout was chilled, nice coffee and chocolate flavours.  Will definitely be looking at more of Siren’s beers, the ones so far bought by my lad for Father’s Day have been lovely.  Couple of session IPA’s and some dry hopped pilsners.

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm a big fan of Thornbridge as well.

Have you tried a Necessary Evil? It's a bit of a marmite beer among my mates.

I eventually managed to buy this as it came back in stock online, sent to my dad for Father's Day and mine's waiting for me at my parent's when I make it back to the UK for a visit. 

On 19/06/2020 at 18:18, Xela said:

Omnipollo Elvis:

Ok, its an interesting one. Smooth and slick, tastes like liquid banana ice cream on the first sip. Not really getting the bacon or peanut taste but the bourbon is definitely there. Not one to session on as it could get sickly very quick. 

Wow this is phenomenal, added it to my order after your post. It's too sweet, half a can is more than enough, but great flavours that you'd associate with a stout not an IPA so it's very cool, very interesting. The rating on Untappd is 3.17/5, which is a complete joke and the most I've ever disagreed with a rating. But everything else I ordered is over 4/5 so that bodes very well indeed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Wow this is phenomenal, added it to my order after your post. It's too sweet, half a can is more than enough, but great flavours that you'd associate with a stout not an IPA so it's very cool, very interesting. The rating on Untappd is 3.17/5, which is a complete joke and the most I've ever disagreed with a rating. But everything else I ordered is over 4/5 so that bodes very well indeed.

Could you get the bacon and peanut butter taste? I couldn't but that might be down to vindaloo abused tastebuds! 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could you get the bacon and peanut butter taste? I couldn't but that might be down to vindaloo abused tastebuds! 

There's a bit of bacon but I wish there was more. A little more savoury and salt would make it better.

Last night the sun got to me and I went a bit hog wild. Drove to Brum to pick up an order from Bonehead, and then washed it down with a fruity threesome for summertime:

bloody_ell_1_4_1.png

1540773756233lorita-350-937.jpg

limes-300x300.jpg

Have spent all day farting like a champion. Back on it tomorrow!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

limes-300x300.jpg

Have spent all day farting like a champion. Back on it tomorrow!

I've yet to see a sleeping limes anywhere yet. Where did you get it from?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've yet to see a sleeping limes anywhere yet. Where did you get it from?

Stirchley Wines (I went to go to Cotteridge Wines last weekend but the queue was too long so I went down the street instead). Bought a bunch of interesting stuff, some repeats, some new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Stirchley Wines (I went to go to Cotteridge Wines last weekend but the queue was too long so I went down the street instead). Bought a bunch of interesting stuff, some repeats, some new.

I went to Cotteridge Wines last Friday, it was empty (about midday) and was aiming to stop in at Stirchley but nowhere to park on the main road. I wasn't desperate as I had a box full of goodies from Cotteridge but I would like to pop my head in sometime! 

• Like 1

Why do all these "craft ale" people feel the need to plaster stupid pictures all over their cans? It's like a 3 year old has been given uncontrolled use of the full pallette of poster paints. 

• Like 2

Â