What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I like pales, but the slogan tickles me. Everything between pale ales, IPAs, and a specific subset of IPAs? I can hardly imagine such variety. :D 

You see all sorts labelled on the cans and bottles. New England IPA, Vermont IPA, East Coast IPA, West Coast IPA, Hazy IPA, American IPA, Tropical IPA, Double IPA, Triple IPA, Imperial IPA, etc.

Most I assume overlaps and are just different names for the same thing

Had a refreshing Moscow mule after a run, then onto an Arroyo Grande single clone Pinot Noir with homemade pizza for dinner, following up with a Sonoma County zinfandel.   I shall fall asleep with a smile on my face tonight.

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Was the smoothie sour any good? I love a good sour, but they seem to be very hit and miss.

It was good. Not as sour as I thought it would it would be though. Bit like an alcoholic ribena with a tiny bit of bite. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

You see all sorts labelled on the cans and bottles. New England IPA, Vermont IPA, East Coast IPA, West Coast IPA, Hazy IPA, American IPA, Tropical IPA, Double IPA, Triple IPA, Imperial IPA, etc.

Most I assume overlaps and are just different names for the same thing

Well DIPAs are around 8% and TIPAs around 10% compared to a normal 6% ish, while NEIPAs tend to be Hazy (so there's an overlap there) while West Coasts aren't. Not sure where Vermont, also New England and East (not) Coast, fits in. So, definitely some distinction but also some crossover yes.

Here's ours from Friday night:

57649333-B6-EA-44-D4-A00-D-C48-B5-CEB62-

Don't worry though, we had four friends round to help with most of those. You might spot an addition to the background, which is a homebrew lager kit that I've dry hopped for the last 2 days of fermentation before bottling today.

We were out last night so nothing more to add here. 

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Xela said:

It was good. Not as sour as I thought it would it would be though. Bit like an alcoholic ribena with a tiny bit of bite. 

WTAF? You really, really need to go find a Holdens Golden Glow or if at all possible a few bottles of gods own Bathams to rid yourself of this (ludicrous) ludicrous beer obsession. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

WTAF? You really, really need to go find a Holdens Golden Glow or if at all possible a few bottles of gods own Bathams to rid yourself of this (ludicrous) ludicrous beer obsession. 

zdVzXj6UO7ZT91I4hmiC9lShVfiIyr2_1jKyJ1BH

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

zdVzXj6UO7ZT91I4hmiC9lShVfiIyr2_1jKyJ1BH

Do you go to Stirchley wines often? 

If you do can you please check if they have Bathams in bottle's? They are showing as a supplier on the Bathams website. I would love to get a few bottles of that in. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Do you go to Stirchley wines often? 

If you do can you please check if they have Bathams in bottle's? They are showing as a supplier on the Bathams website. I would love to get a few bottles of that in. 

I went to Cotteridge Wines on Friday (19th June) and they had them in stock. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any left.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Nice breakfast stout would buy again

When will you learn that beer is so much more than just a breakfast drink? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Nice breakfast stout would buy again

Got one of these in my 'to drink' stash. Bit too warm for stouts at the minute though

I can drink a stout in any weather. I'm out in the garden with another glass of that Oreo stout. Chilled though.

I've never had a bad beer, or even a mediocre beer, from Totally Brewed, I'm a bit biased as they're a local one, but they're definitely in my top ten breweries.

• Like 1

Â