What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Friday:

470-C5-CC4-96-DF-41-F6-B430-5-E77-AE48-F

Also had some Fireballs for an online stag and passed out very early on the sofa.

Saturday:

662-F8143-D1-BD-4442-9-C09-0-A3055-F623-

Also had a drop of wine and made espresso martinis, old fashioneds, white russians, whiskey sours and rum sours. The birds had started tweeting by the time we went to bed.

• Like 2

Decided to see what the fuss was all about. Located these for sale and supping one now

Agree with previous posters - a hint of the raspberry sauce you squirt on a 99!

Its nice although not a session ale as I imagine could be quite sickly. 

Very good effort though. 

Donut/10. WB. 

image_1e5a0df1-ee08-4d74-8b5a-c521916c37

• Like 3

Went for a walk and finished with a couple of bottles of Cellar Head Amber Ale

AM%20CellarHead%20clips%202018-05.webp

AMBER ALE       ABV 4.0 %

Hugely satisfying and beginning with a sweet, floral aroma of orange blossom. Pale and Crystal malts combine with a light addition of Amber giving a firm, smooth, biscuity and toasty, malt flavour.  Hop combinations supply a light bitterness with the gentle marmalade finish provided by Sussex grown Cascade making this beer one to come back to time and time again.

Malts:  Maris Otter, Vienna, Crystal, Amber

Hops:  Northdown, Bramling Cross, Cascade

Packaging:   Cask / 500ml bottle

Availability:  Year round

Try not to drink these days, but after 12 miles of hiking I felt like I'd earnt it.

• Like 3

I've been dabbling a lot in Bulgarian wine which, in my opinion, is a underused attraction to Bulgaria. We've got some fantastic stuff.

Cycle and Le Photographe are superb. I've stocked up from a wholesale website selling bottle for 8lv (£3.50) where the supermarche it's 18-20lv. 

I'm going to be very drunk this weekend.

On 17/05/2020 at 21:04, fightoffyour said:

Also had some Fireballs for an online stag and passed out very early on the sofa.

How did that go? Doing one this Saturday, as we were meant to going to one this weekend.

Not at all comfortable if doing video calls, but had an interview yesterday and the stag on Saturday.

Anyway back on topic. Since I moved out of Bath the amount I spend on a load of random beers has massively reduced. So i'm limited to what the supermarkets have. It was a Friday after work ritual plus the odd other day, even if I was working the weekend.

7 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

How did that go? Doing one this Saturday, as we were meant to going to one this weekend.

Not at all comfortable if doing video calls, but had an interview yesterday and the stag on Saturday.

Anyway back on topic. Since I moved out of Bath the amount I spend on a load of random beers has massively reduced. So i'm limited to what the supermarkets have. It was a Friday after work ritual plus the odd other day, even if I was working the weekend.

The amount we spend on random beers has increased massively here. We actually have ~£150 order from Hop Hooligans in Bucharest on the way so we’ve been reducing our weekly orders in preparation!

As for the Stag, it was great fun until the shots and TIPA hit me not long after midnight and I just slammed the laptop shut and passed out on the sofa. We’ve been almost weekly Zoom drinking sessions with a solid group of friends though so already used to that, got to see some other guys and do a bit different stuff on the “stag” which was nice while it (I) lasted. The real stag has been postponed to next year along with the wedding, this was just on the original dates, so the poor guy will have had to suffer twice!

• Like 1

Had an office quiz earlier. Was good (despite flagrant cheating!)

Sunk these 2. Both went down a treat!

snapshotimagehandler_1896653638.jpeg?h=5snapshotimagehandler_1216601479.jpeg?h=5

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

5-D04-A9-EB-6-F9-B-43-AC-ACAC-F516-B4-B6

Solid Friday. Last two I drank myself, it was a late night on Zoom playing power ballad bingo and raising money for Greater Manchester Mental Health. Even had a shoutout from Rob Beckett and Bernard from Bernard’s watch!

Out this afternoon/evening to bars and a restaurant, enjoy your tipples!

• Like 2

Started on Shipyard IPA, moved on to some french sparkling wine, then Cassillero del diablo Cabernet Sauvignon. Should have stopped at this point but felt the need to have a little sauvignon blanc, just the one glass. Ended the night on a very very large baileys. 
Today its been 2 milkshakes and then an afternoon of Four In A Bed on Channel 4. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's actually a decent lager. And cheaper than all the micros out there.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I don’t mind it. PBR on the other hand is piss water and a struggle to finish. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's actually a decent lager. And cheaper than all the micros out there.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

You might (or might not!) enjoy this old blog post 'In Praise of Budweiser', complete with Infinite Jest-style footnotes:

'[...]Budweiser has been around for at least as long as your “traditional” British ales, most of which also date back to the Victorian period. The Anheuser-Busch company began selling it in 1876. This was a full 20 years before the Budvar brewery in Ceske Budejowice was even built, a subject I will come back to. The recipe has not changed since then, apart from a period during Prohibition when the alcohol content was reduced to 0.5% in order to comply with the law. It is an authentic, traditional product just like the ones CAMRA promotes.'

more (oh so much more) at the link:https://crookedtimber.org/2007/05/10/in-praise-of-budweiser-contains-extended-footnotes/

(It also contains the following line, which is extremely apposite given what's going on at Newcastle these days: 'it seems pretty clear to me that if Robert Mugabe were to buy West Ham tomorrow and promise to spend £100m on players, he’d be described as “a slightly controversial figure, but beloved in East London” by the end of the week.')

Â