What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I'm on Stella tonight, but saw that it is 5%. Has it always been 5%?? I always thought that it was 5.1 / 5.2.

I too am drinking wife beater, I'm on the 568ml cans, and they're 5.2%...

Might crack open a ten year old bottle of Grahams Port I've got that keeps winking at me everytime I open the cupboard...

I am partial to the Grande Bierre, myself. The thing is that when I drink them I always think that pubs rip you off - you have a pint can that does not fit into a pint glass, unless you put it right up to the rim. You never get that in pubs. It's only about 5mm of lager, but it adds up over time.

for me and mrs p its a shiraz night.

Currently she is watching The Tudors and I'm not while we drink some Oxley's Shiraz, described as:

"Deep purple with crimson hues. Plum fruit on the nose with hints of exotic spice and subtle French oak. Softtannins and ripe fruit flavours. Depth and length on the palate."

always nice to have a plum fruit on the nose.

Another Brewmasters Mix Pack of Sam Adams... haven't opened the pack yet...

2 bottles of Boston Lager

2 bottles of Scotch Ale

2 bottles of Irish Red Ale

2 bottles of Black Lager (one of the rare Schwarzbiers from outside of Germany)

2 bottles of Brown Ale (basicaly Sammy's stab at something like Newky Broon)

2 bottles of Honey Porter

I will crack open the first one posted in a reply (they're all good!)

Go for the scoth as scotland is the nearest to where i live.

I am onto the second of my nice bottles of sav blanc, watching scarface. Great night in.

I have already had a round on tiger woods golf on the ps3

One Scotch Ale coming up:

"This is a brew for adventurous ale drinkers: an ale with four special malts, a rare peat smoked malt used in Scotch Whiskies. This unique malt gives Scotch Ale a subtle smoky flavor and deep amber hue. This is a big, malty brew with a smooth finish. Cheers! Jim Koch"

jim-koch-small.jpg

White wine, second bottle. Found some in Waitrose reduced from £6.99 to £2.89, such bargains need abusing.

I found some good bargains in Tesco's. normally get my 3 for 2 at the local offy but some good prices during there wine week (or whatever it is).

Got a beer fridge full :D

For my second bottle, I moved on to the Boston Lager.

And for the third, the Brown Ale: "This traditional ale is brewed with an interesting blend of malts, giving it a complex malt flavor with deep notes of toasted mals, biscuit, nut, and caramel. The hops in this satisfying ale are Noble Spalt from Bavaria and citrusy Goldings which we select from a single farm we know in Britain's East Kent. Cheers! Jim Koch"

And for the fourth, the Irish Red: "This rich and malty ale [or presumably the style --LR] originated in Ireland in 1710. It has a deep red color and distinctive caramel flavor from its pale and caramel malts. The malt sweetness is balanced the earthy notes of East Kent Goldings hops. Cheers! Jim Koch"

For my fifh, the Black Lager: "This traditional lager is medium in body withe a deep roadted character. Its dark color and rick malty flavor come from specially roastred caramel and chockalorgtee malts. This brew is lightly hopped with Bacvatrisan Noble hops for a sodft spiciness and a dsmoth clean fiish. Cheers! Jim Jpch"

Just finished a bottle of Tesco's Finest Argentinian Shiraz - San Juan. Only bought it as it was half price and I needed warming up after walking the dogs in the pissing rain, but it turned out to be fantastic - smoother than a cashmere codpiece.

Â