What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

hahaha its not to bad to drink straight, im used to it now :) but i needed something ummmm "strong" haha to put the stress of the day behind me.......had to have 2 family dinner type things with my girlfriends family, 1 was a xmas lunch, the other xmas tea, then the usual sit and watch boring wanky shit on tv with misses family, pretending to give a ****, whilst falling to sleep :)

then the usual sit and watch boring wanky shit on tv with misses family, pretending to give a ****, whilst falling to sleep :)

don't you have uktv Gold? Only Fools And Horses been on all day, supose that's why i aint been drining JD straight all day :lol:

then the usual sit and watch boring wanky shit on tv with misses family, pretending to give a ****, whilst falling to sleep :)

don't you have uktv Gold? Only Fools And Horses been on all day, supose that's why i aint been drining JD straight all day :lol:

nah the uncle jack came out when i had finished all the family bullashizzz....if i had of been drinking jack i probobly would of bitched slapped granny haha, trying to make me eat christmas pud, i hate the shit lol

i probobly would of bitched slapped granny haha, trying to make me eat christmas pud, i hate the shit lol

was it on fire at the time?

i probobly would of bitched slapped granny haha, trying to make me eat christmas pud, i hate the shit lol

was it on fire at the time?

hahaha nah it wasnt, nah overall it wasnt a bad day, i hate having to be so polite for so long :P it hurts

Had some nice red wine with Xmas dinner, washed down with a few Beer Laos afterwards.

Probably the wrong way round actually but nevermind- merryness was achieved :winkold:

Connell interesting to see you were on the Buckfast, some Scottish mates gave me a bottle once- quite a kick to it from memory !

Villadude, top call on the port- I should have bought some of that for my cheeseboard- d'oh !

Just to clarify on Leviramseys terminology- from memory of my time in New England packies means off license !

Nothing, alas.

I got lost in something else until after 11 o'clock Christmas Eve, which is when the packies close for the night, and they all close on Christmas...

:(

You're talking about your local shop I take it?

:?

packie: alternative form of "pakage store" which is the legal/euphemistic term for a liquor store in Southern New England (because the booze is sold in packaged form, as opposed to in a pub). In Massachusetts, specifically, the legal hours of operation are (8 am to 11 pm, Mon-Sat; noon-11pm Sunday), and there are three days of the year that they cannot open: Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Breakfast - tea (with a large slug of whisky - Famous Grouse)

Mid morning - beer (Amstel)

Pre-lunch - two sherries (Croft Particular)

Lunch - Chateauneuf-du-Pape with the turkey, Sauternes with the Xmas pud, port with the stilton, cognac with the coffee

Early evening - beer (Marstons Old Empire IPA)

Nightcap - more cognac

Hey LV- I found this on the internet, might explain the confusion from some of us English on your turn of phrase :winkold:

I spent a few months in Connecticut, so I knew what you were on about.

Fannies and packies

Let's not even start talking about smoking fags....

Heh...good spot!

Nothing, alas.

I got lost in something else until after 11 o'clock Christmas Eve, which is when the packies close for the night, and they all close on Christmas...

:(

You're talking about your local shop I take it?

:?

packie: alternative form of "pakage store" which is the legal/euphemistic term for a liquor store in Southern New England (because the booze is sold in packaged form, as opposed to in a pub). In Massachusetts, specifically, the legal hours of operation are (8 am to 11 pm, Mon-Sat; noon-11pm Sunday), and there are three days of the year that they cannot open: Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Ahh, I never knew that, cheers for clearing that up with me dude, but as BangkokVilla pointed out, you can understand why I'd mistaken what you were talking about...

Now that the local establishments are open again (well, actually they just closed for the night, but tonight I was duly vigilant with regard to the clock),

Berkshire Brewing Company's Berkshire Ale, a "Traditional Pale Ale", "Traditional" meaning more English than American in its style, to judge from reviews on BeerAdvocate. All I care about is it tastes good and is 6.3% ABV.

Marstons Old Empire IPA (5.7% abv) is my bottled beer discovery of the year. In fact I'm about to open one now.

Draught beer of the year has undoubtedly been Copper Dragon Golden Pippin.

ive hardly drank much these past few days considering its the festive holiday, im not much of a drinker anyway, so i have to be really in the mood to drink, i didnt drink at all yesderday, and only have a glass of wine and a smirnoff ice on xmas, i probably wont touch a drop now until new yrs eve!

Â