What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been buying these boxes of Beerwulf ales, packs of 12 or 16.

So far the mixed Dutch IPA box was my fave, closely followed by the Belgian. Some of the Belgian trappist stuff is amazingly strong (hardly anything below 7%abv, and goes up to 11.3%)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Discovered White Russians on my last holiday. What a drink. 

Lethal though! I lost an evening in Berlin once to those! 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm also hooked on ice coffee now too. 

im not a coffee drinker and just drink plain tea so dont bother with coffee shops, i have however this year been introduced to chai latte and recently introduced to to iced chai latte, unbelievably good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im not a coffee drinker and just drink plain tea so dont bother with coffee shops, i have however this year been introduced to chai latte and recently introduced to to iced chai latte, unbelievably good

Very good. Had one on the off chance, and it blew me away. Absolutely love 'em . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lethal though! I lost an evening in Berlin once to those! 

At Christmas, I'm going to make a bomb load of the stuff. It's the type of drink you could have early in the morning. Love the look, and love the taste even more. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Discovered White Russians on my last holiday. What a drink. I'm also hooked on ice coffee now too. 

There is/was a cracking bar in Edinburgh called Lebowskis and they specialized in multiple varieties of White Russians. The best one was made with Patron Coffee tequila  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

definitely, this is the one of choice for me at the moment

233971183?$rsp-pdp-main-1080$

still dont like tonic though, lemonade for me

One of my wife's favourite that. Everyone seems to be mad on gin at the moment. The shops seem to be promoting it a lot too. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

There is/was a cracking bar in Edinburgh called Lebowskis and they specialized in multiple varieties of White Russians. The best one was made with Patron Coffee tequila  

I have family up there. I'll have to nip in for a few when I go up next. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One of my wife's favourite that. Everyone seems to be mad on gin at the moment. The shops seem to be promoting it a lot too. 

i think rum is having a bit of a renaissance too just nowhere near as big as what gin is having (driven by the sweetness of the vanilla heavy ones) i might be wrong here but think its always had a female following but now got a lot of popularity among men too, its no longer considered like the dirty drink, the depressant and it can be sold as a package with slim line tonic as something you can drink on a diet or chasing the gym look

i would guess that vodka has taken the biggest hit

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, villa4europe said:

i think rum is having a bit of a renaissance too just nowhere near as big as what gin is having, i might be wrong here but think its always had a female following but now got a lot of popularity among men too, its no longer considered like the dirty drink, the depressant and it can be sold as a package with slim line tonic as something you can drink on a diet or chasing the gym look

i would guess that vodka has taken the biggest hit

I've always looked at it as a woman's drink, and also how you describe it as a depressant and an old fashioned cockney female alcy drink. They market it very well tbf. A wide range of flavours too. 

• Like 1

Â