What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I love a drink but it really does amaze me how much people drink at home. I'm the complete opposite, i'll happily sink pint after pint at the pub with friends, but it's just a social thing. I barely touch a drop at home. I've still got cans in fridge from the Euros last year when I had loads of people round. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I love a drink but it really does amaze me how much people drink at home. I'm the complete opposite, i'll happily sink pint after pint at the pub with friends, but it's just a social thing. I barely touch a drop at home. I've still got cans in fridge from the Euros last year when I had loads of people round. 

Same.

I guess it is because I live alone but I would consider sitting in by myself, drinking lager, a rather sorry state of affairs. 

When mates are round or if if you have a missus, then fair enough. By yourself? Nah.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same.

I guess it is because I live alone but I would consider sitting in by myself, drinking lager, a rather sorry state of affairs. 

When mates are round or if if you have a missus, then fair enough. By yourself? Nah.

I'm the same too. I don't think I have ever drank on my own at home

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The landlord of my local advises me that I will be quaffing this, this evening:

FB_IMG_1494868021599.jpg

It was quite nice, but a bit too citrus-y for my taste. 

The bottle for this weekend...

i think it won best spiced rum at the world rum awards a couple of years back, first taste it's lush, reminds me a bit of rumbullion (which funnily enough won it this year) but I think it's smoother and slightly nicer

IMG_0191.PNG

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The bottle for this weekend...

i think it won best spiced rum at the world rum awards a couple of years back, first taste it's lush, reminds me a bit of rumbullion (which funnily enough won it this year) but I think it's smoother and slightly nicer

IMG_0191.PNG

Great pick, got introduced to this by an American. I liked that it's quite smooth compared to most other spiced rum, does real well in a posh rum/coke too as it really brings the spice to the fore. 

As for me tonight I have some home brew that a friend brought over last week. Think it's Woodfordes Wherry bitter, but not so sure as it came in old Groelsch bottles.. 

Sipping birra moretti at home tonight (my first drop of alcohol since last Saturday if we're counting units).

Trying to mix up the usual lager intake. I only seem to find myself drinking peroni or carling (yes, I know) either at home or in the pub, bit tired of them to be honest.

Not much of an ale drinker, the odd pint maybe, I prefer a lighter, refreshing taste, well, like lager. If anyone knows a tipple that would breaks the monotony (and appeals), I'll owe them a pint of the same. :cheers:

And yes, I know about Shropshire Lad, still yet to try it ;)

standard week is 4 pints on a thursday night after playing football

decent week is 4 pints on a thursday and a couple of rums at the weekend

then it gets interesting, a good week is if somethings happening on a saturday, which will be 4 pints on a thursday, in the pub at 12 on saturday, home maybe 2am, your guess is as good as mine, 7/8 pints, 5/6 shorts, probably some sambucca, probably some jager, i could give drinking a months worth in day

@Shropshire Lad moretti is great, got more about it than lager, beautiful on tap, im getting in to hophouse 13 which is Guinness' lager, bit less gas bit more flavour than you your average lager

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Trying to mix up the usual lager intake. I only seem to find myself drinking peroni or carling (yes, I know) either at home or in the pub, bit tired of them to be honest.

I'm not a huge lager drinker but I veer towards Staropramen, Amstell, Pilsner Urquell, Cobra, Estrella or Freedom, depending on which Brum boozer I am in.

• Like 1

Had 26 units last week, albeit all on Saturday. None so far this week, although I'm going up the WMC for a few in about an hour. On average I'm probably around the mid 20s with the odd week off it.

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Had 26 units last week, albeit all on Saturday. None so far this week, although I'm going up the WMC for a few in about an hour. On average I'm probably around the mid 20s with the odd week off it.

Binge drinkers who consume weekly intake in one go twice as likely to die prematurely as those who spread out the amount they drink across seven days.

Daily Mail, so it must be true

DGbadge.jpg?resize=900,600

this tonight was pretty decent, shameabout the annoying the name, but it went down well in the beer garden. 

Along with a bottle of St. Stefanus too: 

ststefanus-belgian-beer-33cl.jpg

very nice, but lighter than in Belgium. Had it in Bruges and it was around 10-11%, here it was "just" 7, but sufficiently tasty to sink slowly in the sun. 

Â