What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 2/17/2017 at 19:50, mikeyp102 said:

Probably just carling :angry:

Wanted to go to a different pub for other drinks but mates are being boring and want to stay local (where all beer is shit, hence buying the cheapest). Maybe a couple pints of Guinness to push it out there :ph34r:

Where's local to you chief?

I hate pubs where the only lager they have is Carling, Stella or Fosters 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Italian rose. Following on from Paris where i had the nicest bottle of wine I've ever had. 

Don't tell me you've come back a wine snob :P

How was Paris? I love the place. 

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where's local to you chief?

I hate pubs where the only lager they have is Carling, Stella or Fosters 

I'm Halesowen, the said pub does have a couple of others but they are a lot higher priced and with the glasses being shit at times, I just go for the cheap option as it doesn't make a difference. 

Actually went to a different pub Friday though so ended up with Perroni on tap which is always a bonus. Slight perroni headache sat morning though.

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Don't tell me you've come back a wine snob :P

How was Paris? I love the place. 

I don't mind wine when I'm in the mood but I had a lovely bottle in Paris. 

Well what can I say, it's absolutely beautiful and it's hard not to fall in love with the place. Obviously you have the bad parts which you pass through coming from the airport but every city has bad parts. It was everything I imagined from gorgeous architect to the beautiful people who live there. It was a big culture shock for me and  I was foolishly expecting it to be  catered for British people regarding food etc, so for someone who's a bit fussy with food it was a bit harder finding somewhere. Saying that though we never had a bad meal, infact every meal was superb and I was surprised how cheap food was. Great city and at somepoint I'd like to return. The last night there was when I fell in love with the place. An hours flight away but how different the people and culture are is unbelievable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

An hours flight away but how different the people and culture are is unbelievable. 

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― Augustine of Hippo.

Keep travelling, Ruge. It'll do you the world of good.

And to keep on a French theme, last night was mostly:

maxresdefault_zpsay8s1zou.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

when i was in istanbul last week their standard beer was efes, beautiful stuff, only ever seen it bottled here

so many people not drinking and they have that as their beer, we have drinkers galore and get dished up fosters and carling 

Really nice.

Now that my stomach has finally forgiven me and cider for that thing I did to it about 26 years ago, it's now back on my radar.

I can highly recommend this lovely Northern Irish cider.  It's dry and nowhere near as sweet as most of the more commercial offerings.  Quite strong too (5.7%).

Very pleasant indeed.

tempted-dry_2.jpg

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Now that my stomach has finally forgiven me and cider for that thing I did to it about 26 years ago, it's now back on my radar.

I can highly recommend this lovely Northern Irish cider.  It's dry and nowhere near as sweet as most of the more commercial offerings.  Quite strong too (5.7%).

Very pleasant indeed.

tempted-dry_2.jpg

No idea what it tastes like, but that is a **** superb logo design.

• Like 2

Just now, Designer1 said:

No idea what it tastes like, but that is a **** superb logo design.

Yes indeed.  The Adam & Eve thing.  The snake.  The apple.  Temptation :thumb:

• Like 1

Â