What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s quite a young one isn’t it? I wanted to try this before I left the UK but it is quite punchy for a baby whisky. 

Going to have to wait a while to find out, apparently it's going to be put away and given to me as a birthday present😒

@bickster Should have taken it as a sign!

-----------------------------------------------

My new one from HonestBrew last night:

Edge-When-Life-Gives-You-Cookies-Winter-

'When Life Gives You Cookies Winter Dark Ale' by Edge Brewery of Barcelona. It did the job on the tin. It really tasted of biscuits of some kind, with a bit of that kind of spiced flavour you get from mulled wine. It was pretty good, but it kind of already felt too late in the year to be consuming it. Would be a good drink after Bonfire Night but before Christmas Day.

• Like 2

Ignore the pretentious name

This is a great milk stout. It tastes overwhelmingly of stout, very malty with only very vague hints of dark chocolate and coffee.

I could sink a few of these and at only 4.5% that would be possible

B3F57E34-6393-4ED2-A239-9788DDE2880E.jpeg

• Like 3

spacer.png

A nice hazy IPA, but I didn't taste any tangerine or pineapple.  I have no idea why the label is upside down.   It's part of a variety pack from Stone brewing, and all of these were upside down but none of the others were.

• Like 3

E6-C73301-83-CD-4-D3-D-8221-BD5-CE7-E13-

Unique beer #1,500 checked in last night was the Collective Arts maple syrup and walnut BA stout. Slightly disappointing after being recommended to me as I was hoping for something really special, but the Bereta x Hop Hooligans palo Santo wood barley wine more than made up for it - absolutely incredible and in my top 10 of all time!

• Like 4

One Eye IPA by Tooth and Claw from the town that hangs monkeys

it describes itself as juicy with aromas and flavour of gooseberry, pineapple and passion fruit. Which sounds bloody horrendous.

Someone call tradings standards... it actually tastes like beer, with a very minor citrusy undertone but overwhelmingly of beer!

I’d have this one again but at 7.8% it’s too strong for a sesh

EDIT: oddly after drinking a bit more, I do get the pineapple and passionfruit bit but it is very understated

F4CAD06F-D3A2-4533-AF7E-54D2A2D536B4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Afternoon gents, it's been a while, I've just cracked this open. At 8.5%, it's a nice session beer to start the afternoon off before I get onto the hard stuff ;)

Maltgarden – Pudding Time Double Fruited Pudding Sour

For a sec I thought that said calamari 😀

Just now, Davkaus said:

Don't give these hipster bastards ideas!

Risso told me on facebook t'other day that the worst he's ever had was lobster flavoured, I think he may have a point that it might actually have been worse than my rhubarb one

And I seem to remember there is an Icelandic one that is made from smoked whale testicles

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Afternoon gents, it's been a while, I've just cracked this open. At 8.5%, it's a nice session beer to start the afternoon off before I get onto the hard stuff ;)

Maltgarden – Pudding Time Double Fruited Pudding Sour

I've not even seen that here yet! How was it?

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

For a sec I thought that said calamari 😀

a5b91fdb3232dd004f567c55cd766338_raw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I've not even seen that here yet! How was it?

More of a tropical fruit cocktail than a sour, but absolutely delicious.

Next up is seven islands brewery's take on bourbon barrel stout. A smooth 14%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Absolutely no idea who brewed this but it’s a dry hopped hazy pale ale called Paradise. 4.6%

They really could do with a brand identity whoever they are as it’s a nice drink

CB872B78-F55D-4227-88AD-9664E1639E88.jpeg

It’s called Hazy Pale Ale and it’s brewed by Paradise 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s called Hazy Pale Ale and it’s brewed by Paradise 

Could be, I'll take your word for it. There's absolutely no indication of where they are from. In terms of product branding it's laughably rubbish

Â