What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 13/07/2020 at 17:26, Xela said:

Had a weekend off the ale again. 

Back on it now... current drink

MTclbcj.png?1

Yet another good effort from Tiny Rebel. Definitely my favourite brewery so far. 

Just trying this for the first time myself, and have to agree that it's a lovely beer. Very refreshing on a muggy night.

• Like 1

I had a can of this last night.

Arbor Café Crème Coffee & Chocolate Stout By Arbor Ales | British ...

It's a bloody nice drink, I'll be getting that again. At 6.something%, it's a lot lighter easier going than I tend to like my stouts, but it's not lacking in flavour.

As well as Amundsen's "Every Day Hero" IPA, which was...meh. I love Amundsen, but that was a bit too generic to justify the markup for their beers.

I also had a bottle of M&S's belgian cherry wheatbeer, which was very good. I basically just got one of everything. M&S beer? Completed it, mate. About a dozen left to get through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Some interesting choices there over the weekend @fightoffyour How did you find the Stay Puft porter, the jam donut ale and the ice cream ale?

I came back to the UK for the weekend! My mate had been collecting a stash for us, and I brought some of the Polish big hitters.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I came back to the UK for the weekend! My mate had been collecting a stash for us, and I brought some of the Polish big hitters.

Nice!

What dd you think of them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Nice!

What dd you think of them?

Everything was great, so I can only be critical relative to a high level of beer.

The jam doughnut was nice and fruity, think I actually preferred the pineapple milkshake IPA though which got better as it went on.

The Marshmallow porter lacked a bit of body and flavour to me, as I, like @Davkaus, also tend to like my stouts (and porters) a bit heavier going. The Wiper and True did pass the test though, it’s full bodied like a sweeter Guinness which is fine by me.

Of course the Polish beers were among the best, but the Hop Hooligans pastry sour NEIPA and the Cloudwater DIPA were at the same level. Also shoutout for the Northern Monk Order of Faith which was lovey, although at 6.5% I think they’re kidding themselves calling it a Double when it’s a standard IPA strength.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And it's quite a nice day, so I think later this afternoon I'll be out in the garden with a book and a glass of this.

Camden Town Strawberry Hells Forever | Beer Hawk

That was a bit disappointing, somehow didn't really have much to it even compared to the standard Hells, which I'd take over this every time. It was refreshing enough, but I wouldn't drink it again.

One of these last night:

Moor-Wee-Heavy-Scotch-Ale-Can-330ml.jpg

I usually like Moor stuff, and this was no exception! You definitely get a sense of the scotch, but it's not too hard to drink, in fact it tastes lighter than its actual strength. Will get again.

• Like 1

Had a quiet week last week on the ale (wasn't feeling 100%) but back with a new ale tonight

A solid, tasty session IPA. 

Decent start to the week

Acceptable/10

Df2O34z.jpg?1

• Like 1

Drinks help needed folks

Friend's birthday coming up. They like vodka. What is a good vodka? Say, up to £50?

Â