What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Not tonight but had a few of these the other night -Taiwanese whisky.

Very nice

sale_photo.jpg

Edited by Xela

I can't wait till pay day, I've got 11 days to go, I'm going to treat myself to a nice bottle of rum, I might go to selfridges and pick up a bottle for 30 or 40 quid, has anyone got any recommendations?

Tonight I've been on watered down Carling and now I've moved onto cans of Stella, hardly an inspired drink I know

Thats the badger

298_398_a-rum-that-goes-down-like-bourbo

The only Mount Gay rum finished in charred Bourbon oak barrels, Black Barrel is the full-bodied product of more than three centuries of Mount Gay craftsmanship, innovation and refinement.

Just had a try of this, It's not magnificent at first taste, a wee bit harsh maybe, it say's on the bottle it says that it has 'oaky vanilla and almond overtones' I've only had a small glass of it but I get caramel from it barely any vanilla.

It reminds me of the Cana Negra from M & S but not as nice, don't get me wrong it seems decent enough but I don't think I'd rush out and buy another bottle just yet, I think I'd rather go with the Kraken or the Cana Negra before this without much hesitation.

I'm going to have a good drink of it tonight so maybe my opinion will change after one or 2 larger glasses.

next up I might try the Zacapa 23, I've heard good things about that

Red Stripe is a Sunday afternoon drink, you can have it and it wont buckle you like other lagers, too much of the stuff and it ends up tasting like water though

although my mate swears it cripples him more than any other drink, I remember when we were having a fair few cans of it and his exact words to me were 'mate I feel pissed...that red stripe has hit me like a cumshot from jesus''

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 3

i totally get the sunday thing with red stripe, its the only time i will have it if i go out sunday afternoon which is rare. i had 5 kronenbourg on the way home yesterday and for some reason i felt pissed, dont normally drink it and did not realise it was 5%. thats why i avoid stella now if i can.

Treated myself to a nice bottle of Mount Gay rum

If you're looking for an alternative, I suggest Goslings Black Seal. Picked some up at the weekend and was mixing it with ginger ale. 

Cant be mixing it with anything, straight over ice is the way to go

Now I get the feeling that even though I am not a massive fan of the mount gay it is not something to be messed with, I thought that because I wasn't overwhelmed by it I would have no problem clattering it, jesus, I've only had a couple of glasses and I can feel it big time, probably not something to be messed with...I'll probably wake up naked on the roof at 3am at the moment, I just hope the name of the rum I'm drinking is not a sign of things to come

• Like 1

Â