Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

I wish I could find it (I'll try to) but I read something about 4 years ago, an article from somebody who had been in the US military, who suggested that Iran might have sleeper agents within America - in case of an issue like this. I guess we will see.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the fairest thing would be to let the Iranians have a free go at assassinating Trump and then calling it a draw. 

Thing is, Trump may be a sad, comic and incompetent figure, but at least his gut instinct is against ever more military involvement, even if he doesn't manage to rein in all the advisers going the other way.  I wonder for example what the response to last year's faked CW incident in Douma would have been if the US president had similar instincts to the hawks - probably a lot worse.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And I would argue that the first sentence in Raab's statement is almost phrased as 'yeah, we know why you did it'.

Which is fair enough. 

16 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Yay, war 😍

So happy for the gammon, who can use so much tissue now, and then moan about Iranian refugees, because... Well, of war.

😍

Mr Corbyn is in all our thoughts at this difficult time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mr Corbyn is in all our thoughts at this difficult time. 

Yes, it will make it harder for him to get another gig on Iranian state TV. Bummer. Where will he find a place to share with his gay-hanging, Jew hating "friends" now?

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes, it will make it harder for him to get another gig on Iranian state TV. Bummer. Where will he find a place to share with his gay-hanging, Jew hating "friends" now?

*must resist...*

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Has there been any response from Russia (or China) yet?

Are they not currently having a massive joint naval exercise in the region?

They’ve finished mate. 

Just now, Awol said:

They’ve finished mate. 

Yeah looked it up after I posted, finished a few days ago.

No idea if all their killing people stuff is still there thou.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't take long for the absymal Today programme, the Labour leadership contest, and the Iran news to form a toxic interconnection I see:

Just desperate stuff. **** Rick Nobinson.

Philips being like Corbyn 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

For another thread, but we know whoever wins the Labour vote will come under substantial attacks from the likes of Laura, and Nick. They are playing it on the fence right now, but they will attack whoever wins.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah looked it up after I posted, finished a few days ago.

No idea if all their killing people stuff is still there thou.

Doubtful, but even if it was the last thing Russia & China will do is pick a fight and start WW3. The Americans are vulnerable in Iraq and there are plenty of soft targets for Iran elsewhere, too. The USN isn’t one of them. 

Just now, Awol said:

Doubtful, but even if it was the last thing Russia & China will do is pick a fight and start WW3. The Americans are vulnerable in Iraq and there are plenty of soft targets for Iran elsewhere, too. The USN isn’t one of them. 

Not suggesting they will, more that they might be against having their hardware destroyed in any potential fallout from retaliation attacks.

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Actually, this is what Jeremy Corbyn has had to say:

. . . which seems pretty reasonable to be honest.

I'd be mad if the people that paid for my allotment by having me on state TV got blown up too.

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I'd be mad the people that paid for my allotment by having me on state TV got blown up too.

Okay, so this is the marker for how seriously you intend to take this potential conflict. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â