Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

• 3 weeks later...

Israel have bombed and killed a high ranking Palestinian and Islamic jihad leader Abu el-Atta, his wife and probably their children in an air strike.

they've also attacked another Islamic Jihad leader named Akram al-Ajouri in an air strike in Syria. Apparently this guy survived but they killed his son and bodyguard and injured a bunch of people.

Kicking it off for the festive season.

No doubt these were not good guys, still not OK to murder their wives, children and families thou.

And on cue rockets are raining down on Israel creating a reason for them to move in to Gaza with even more force and destroy a bit more of Palestine.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2019 at 08:26, Ingram85 said:

Will the world ever learn and change? Nope.

It's just an endless cycle of the elite/governments/privileged and the big conglomerates and corporations controlling the dumb poor across the world, causing phoney wars using flimsy differences/excuses like religion/money/oil/"they are brown with beards" and dividing us all up so they stay on top. Meanwhile, while us plebs without a pot to piss in divide ourselves and in fight, abuse and kill each other we keep falling for the bullshit the elite spout to keep the whole circus running.

**** depressing.

That's the spirit!

Ever heard the expression, "The truth will set you free"?

Unfortunately all this (what you've described) is terribly plausible, simply because it's what we're used to.

When you really start questioning this though..

Say: 'Is that the way I have to assume life is? I know everybody does, but does that make it true?'

It doesn't, necessarily; it ain't necessarily so.

And, so then, as you question this basic assumption that underlies our culture, you find that you get a new understanding.

It becomes completely obvious to you.

"In the hold of the paper that fold
At one time was related to gold
Made many men lose their soul
To the price of the dice that roll
How can a light so bright make a man so cold?
So another man's plans unfold
Can you really see the truth til it happens to you
Its so severe what the hopeless will do"

I know my post is totally off-topic, but have faith and hope @Ingram85 even if it's only in yourself, for now.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, you are the universe experiencing itself.

If you are rotten to the core, that will be the experience of the universe.

If you are apathetic, that will be the experience of the universe.

If you decide the masses are feeble and meek opposed to  a few 'elite'..

Then we are not living in a democracy, which means 'power of the people'. Not, 'power over the people'.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

That's the spirit!

Ever heard the expression, "The truth will set you free"?

Unfortunately all this (what you've described) is terribly plausible, simply because it's what we're used to.

When you really start questioning this though..

Say: 'Is that the way I have to assume life is? I know everybody does, but does that make it true?'

It doesn't, necessarily; it ain't necessarily so.

And, so then, as you question this basic assumption that underlies our culture, you find that you get a new understanding.

It becomes completely obvious to you.

"In the hold of the paper that fold
At one time was related to gold
Made many men lose their soul
To the price of the dice that roll
How can a light so bright make a man so cold?
So another man's plans unfold
Can you really see the truth til it happens to you
Its so severe what the hopeless will do"

I know my post is totally off-topic, but have faith and hope @Ingram85 even if it's only in yourself, for now.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, you are the universe experiencing itself.

If you are rotten to the core, that will be the experience of the universe.

If you are apathetic, that will be the experience of the universe.

If you decide the masses are feeble and meek opposed to  a few 'elite'..

Then we are not living in a democracy, which means 'power of the people'. Not, 'power over the people'.

Nice post. Do you practise stoicism by any chance?

• Thanks 1

On 13/11/2019 at 19:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nice post. Do you practise stoicism by any chance?

*Another off-topic post*

Sorry for delay in reply. I was going to just reply by saying I practise basketball everyday. But that would've been a fairly useless answer.

As for stoicism, I had to read the wikipedia page first if I'm honest, but to give a direct answer to your question, I suppose I do, in a way, yes.

I love philosophy, it was about the only subject I was any use for before dropping out of high school, my teacher's report had the word 'profound' in it. As opposed to 'F, for failure'.

I have practised martial arts and have always enjoyed reading material by those who do so more proficiently than myself.

I have read Miyomoto Musashi's (said to be the greatest samurai of all time) Book of Five Rings, and the part that most resonated with me was the Dokkodo, here it is:

1. Accept everything just the way it is.

2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.

3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.

4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.

5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.

6. Do not regret what you have done.

7. Never be jealous.

8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.

9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself or others.

10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.

11. In all things have no preferences.

12. Be indifferent to where you live.

13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.

14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.

15. Do not act following customary beliefs.

16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.

17. Do not fear death.

18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.

19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.

20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.

21. Never stray from the Way.

While I don't practise them all, some are quite foreign to me, but some of those are very much in line with stoicism, and yes I believe that they serve a purpose in life.

• Thanks 1

Leaks from the heart of the Iranian national security apparatus detailing their shenanigans in Iraq and Syria over the past few years currently appearing in the Intercept and the NYT. Also, details their evil plans to tackle the good guys in Saudi, in league with the Turks and assorted others.

Meanwhile, Pompeo grants Israel US permission to take whatever it wants. Took longer than I expected, but...

As expected Bruno Ganz didn't manage to form a government so Israel is heading for a 3rd election in a year.

And in other news current Israeli despot Benjamin Netanyahu is to stand trial for bribery and fraud according to news coming out of Israel this evening.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 17:06, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness they're doing exactly the same things that "we" do when we're at war - these players will have friends and relatives away in the fighting and they're saluting them. I mean fair enough, you might well dislike the war (and I hope you do) but I don't think you can blame the football team. 

This is why I think nothing of the sort belongs in football. Just like that red poppey thingy you got in the english leagues. It's political and should not be there. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is why I think nothing of the sort belongs in football. Just like that red poppey bollocks you got in the english leagues. It's political and should not be there. 

Careful mate - some people invest a lot in that 'red poppey bollocks'.

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Careful mate - some people invest a lot in that 'red poppey bollocks'.

That's fair enough. Ment no disrespect to anyone in the armed forces in any way. I just have always thought it's misplaced in sports. If people are offended by that, they should try and put themselves in the shoes of the PL footballers who actually come from places bombed and occupied by British forces. It's just an unnecessary debate to have in sports. And in general I don't like mixing politics and sports. 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough. Ment no disrespect to anyone in the armed forces in any way. I just have always thought it's misplaced in sports. If people are offended by that, they should try and put themselves in the shoes of the PL footballers who actually come from places bombed and occupied by British forces. It's just an unnecessary debate to have in sports. And in general I don't like mixing politics and sports. 

Poppy hating communist bastard.

tumblr_nnwdjnVfU11rrx588o1_500.gifv

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be perfectly honest I am kinda amazed UEFA allows the FA to bring Remembrance Day into the league as it does. 

I do agree with you, it’s just a very difficult subject to discuss.

The whole football and politics thing is tricky, the issue around poppies and remembrance is part of it.

It’s a conversation where you have to pick your moment and pick your audience and pick your language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

As expected Bruno Ganz didn't manage to form a government so Israel is heading for a 3rd election in a year.

And in other news current Israeli despot Benjamin Netanyahu is to stand trial for bribery and fraud according to news coming out of Israel this evening.

Gaza is gonna get it now 😢

• Sad 1

Â