Pre-match chat

mjmooney

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

It's going to be very long tortuous wait this week. 

Can we please please win this. 

The more I think about it, the more I think our best chance is to make it a long and tedious game as well :)

It goes against all my footballing principles, but bollox to them, we need to play some proper anti-football, not concede and try and nick one on the break. 

Bruce won't have suddenly found the magic switch that made us play how they did against Wolves, and trying to do that and failing I reckon is suicide.

• Like 4

This is arguably our biggest game since Rotterdam. We need all our experienced pro's to step upto the plate. This has been a very long season, but we just need one final push from everyone associated with Aston Villa to get us over the line.

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Apparently they will be bringing their Clappers to Wembley hahahahaha

seen this on one of their Forums , and the ones who don`t have a replics shirt (probably cos chelsea fans) will wear white shirts to apparently make a sea of white, we will be able to tell how many Villa fans are in their end no problem then  lmao

I nearly spat out my coffee when I heard on Talk Sport Ray Parlour both calling us big clubs. Fulham? A club which 20 years ago was getting about 5,000 watching them playing in league two. A nothing club who just so happens to play in a nice ground in a nice part of London.

On 16/05/2018 at 08:44, villa89 said:

Dreading this. I can see Villa being backs to the wall for most of the game and just hoping jack can create some magic on the counter. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it went to penalties. 

Just like Bolton in the FA, cup, semi , who,  let's not forget, despite being a division lower were the better team on the day.

Let's hope we're that lucky Saturday.

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

The more I think about it, the more I think our best chance is to make it a long and tedious game as well :)

It goes against all my footballing principles, but bollox to them, we need to play some proper anti-football, not concede and try and nick one on the break. 

Bruce won't have suddenly found the magic switch that made us play how they did against Wolves, and trying to do that and failing I reckon is suicide.

Have some faith. Anti - football ? It's Fulham not Barcelona. 

We just need everyone on their game full of confidence in their own ability.

We're Aston Villa, so please my friend, keep the faith.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Shortest pice for Fulham is 5/4 - 9/4 Villa.

Those odds are for win in 90 mins - any time odds are currently 8/13 Fulham 5/4 Villa

23 hours ago, romavillan said:

This is exactly what i was thinking, a Bruce tactical masterclass and nick it one nil

• Like 1

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

if it's the ugliest most boring game in the history of football I don't give two shits. just need to win this!

I agree. I don’t think I can find it boring though, every kick of the ball will cause heart palpitations! 

If we win with a route 1 ball from Johnstone to Grabban and it deflects of a pigeons arse and goes in... I’ll be thrilled! ?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree. I don’t think I can find it boring though, every kick of the ball will cause heart palpitations!

Agreed.  It can be the most boring spectacle for the neutral, and I'll still be squealing and yelping like I did for the semi :) 

• Like 1