Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

Match Polls  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/18 at 22:59

Wouldn't it be good if the Bruce haters could be quiet until after the final and just be positive about the achievement in getting there. If we lose they can moan because he's been shit all season, if we win they can moan because he's not good enough to achieve anything in the premier league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad we are through and for the most part a solid defensive display. Rode our luck at times but we also played some decent stuff going forward around the 75th minute mark. Jedi was **** immense. We have to play better at Wembley or we will be steam rolled. 

Lets enjoy it though and enjoy a Wembley day out! UTV!

We have come so far in two seasons, we are a sorted solid unit, just add Benteke and we could surprise a few teams.

i am not sure I can stand the final, after that I just can’t contemplate defeat.

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Exactly, I'd not have done it. But we've had so little to celebrate over the past few years, I don't blame people for enjoying themselves. 

I’m gutted I missed out on tickets. I would have ran on the pitch. It’s on the chance you can do it with your clothes on and not get arrested or banned. 

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Exactly, I'd not have done it. But we've had so little to celebrate over the past few years, I don't blame people for enjoying themselves. 

I'm not a fan of pitch invasions, but I've certainly seen worse ones over the years. After the initial cheering the fans were just milling about and taking selfies, none of them were trying to take the crossbar home as a souvenir or anything which I'm sure I've seen in the past. 

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

We are all utterly delighted to be going to Wembley. But, it will be futile unless a way can be found to defeat a far better footballing side in Fulham. 

Like we did earlier in the season you mean? Without Grealish & Adomah?

• Like 2

Not the best of games. We didn't let them be dangerous either, which is a tactical achievement I suppose.

We had the better chances, but the Johnstone handball and the bar off the post were moments where we could have lost it.

Not sure what this says about our chances against Fulham, they have some very good strikers, so we have to take the game to them

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

We are all utterly delighted to be going to Wembley. But, it will be futile unless a way can be found to defeat a far better footballing side in Fulham. 

They are better than us. But it’s a one off game. It’s anyone’s to win. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

You can travel in hope.

A big game like that, in a stadium like that, with all the pressure that comes with it can do a funny thing to a team.  Some players will thrive and others will shrivel up, we won't know who will do what until the day. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why?

It’s pathetic. We haven’t won anything. We lose the next game, the majority of those fans will say we are shit. Plus, those players do not want people grabbing them and god knows what else after a game like that. So small time. 

• Like 1

Â