2nd leg pre match

Demitri_C

Not long to go now! I take back my previous statement of whom ever wins this game will get promoted... Fulham look so damn dangerous. Of course, anything can happen in a final at wembley, with nerves and what not. But to come back from 1-0 against Derby showed a lot of character. Hoping the mighty boro can pull a similar trick tonight!

Quick question, how are your fans, if say we manage to nick a goal or 2 early on? Will it be that the atmosphere turns a bit negative? Or are yous (its a northern thing too) good to stick behind the team and act as a 12th man?

Suprisingly, we have much louder, and better away fans than home fans, so you can expect a loud, full of energy red army of supporters showing up tonight, just wish i could be there too!

17 hours ago, hogso said:

I've been selected for the 'kick the ball from the holte and make a fool of yourself' thing. Any tips on how to kick a football in front of up to 40,000 people? 

Side foot it.

It always goes right to left (the pitch is slightly sloped) so start to the right.

people usually kick it too far. The pitch is smooth and wet!

Don't fall over!

if in doubt, just do a freestyle aerial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On various villa groups on Facebook they are talking about pitch invasions if we win.

That is such so pathetic if we get there and lose in the final we look like absolute clowns. The club should have said any fan caught running on the pitch will be banned to going to the final should we get there.

That would have stopped this from happening.

22 minutes ago, Borofaninnorway said:

Not long to go now! I take back my previous statement of whom ever wins this game will get promoted... Fulham look so damn dangerous. Of course, anything can happen in a final at wembley, with nerves and what not. But to come back from 1-0 against Derby showed a lot of character. Hoping the mighty boro can pull a similar trick tonight!

Quick question, how are your fans, if say we manage to nick a goal or 2 early on? Will it be that the atmosphere turns a bit negative? Or are yous (its a northern thing too) good to stick behind the team and act as a 12th man?

Suprisingly, we have much louder, and better away fans than home fans, so you can expect a loud, full of energy red army of supporters showing up tonight, just wish i could be there too!

Villa Park can be a very negative place. but I wouldn't expect that on a night like tonight. I think if we go behind it'll be nervy but the crowd will be behind the team.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

On various villa groups on Facebook they are talking about pitch invasions if we win.

That is such so pathetic if we get there and lose in the final we look like absolute clowns. The club should have said any fan caught running on the pitch will be banned to going to the final should we get there.

That's basically impossible to enforce though.

If 10,000 people invade the pitch is the club going to ban 10,000 people from the final?

If people want to invade the pitch then leave them to it. It's not for me, but each to their own.

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have :)

"The Sky Bet Championship Play-Off semi-final is finely poised heading into Tuesday’s second leg – and we’re calling on our supporters to stay off the pitch at all times in the vital decider against Middlesbrough.

We appreciate the game will be a cauldron of emotion throughout the 90 minutes but we’re urging our fans to respect the ground regulations and consider the potential wider consequences of such action to themselves and Aston Villa.

Please remember that those who encroach on the pitch risk banning orders as well as a criminal conviction, while the club itself could also face significant penalties as a result.

You’ve been amazing all season - home and away - and we kindly ask for your support in this matter and request that you remain in the stands at all times."

Link

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/14/villa-v-middlesbrough-stay-off-the-pitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's basically impossible to enforce though.

If 10,000 people invade the pitch is the club going to ban 10,000 people from the final?

If people want to invade the pitch then leave them to it. It's not for me, but each to their own.

I know what your saying but I think a majority of people woukd abode by this as they will not want to miss the final at Wembley.

I'm really excited, I can tell because when I do a Tute-McFlute, you can gently hear the bacteria contained within my anus chanting "Villa! Villlllla! Villlllaaaaaaaaa!!" It's very wonderful.

I'll go conservative with my score because I think it'll be a tight one..

700-1 to Villa Grealish to score 699, @hogso to score the other at half time.  He'll then fall over, and his todger will fall out, showing VP his mjolnir.. Then a steward will try and pick it up for him, but won't be able to move it because of it's great heft.  He'll laugh, slowly put it away and walk off muttering things about Rocket League "double jump".... "aerial"... "Demolition".....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullis up to usual power of suggestion tactics, suggesting they can win on penalties. I imagine he tries to chat up twenty year old ladies by suggesting they'll fall for a scrawny old man in a baseball cap.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm really excited, I can tell because when I do a Tute-McFlute, you can gently hear the bacteria contained within my anus chanting "Villa! Villlllla! Villlllaaaaaaaaa!!" It's very wonderful.

I'll go conservative with my score because I think it'll be a tight one..

700-1 to Villa Grealish to score 699, @hogso to score the other at half time.  He'll then fall over, and his todger will fall out, showing VP his mjolnir.. Then a steward will try and pick it up for him, but won't be able to move it because of it's great heft.  He'll laugh, slowly put it away and walk off muttering things about Rocket League "double jump".... "aerial"... "Demolition".....

You think boro will score 1?

What's with all the negativity on here? You **** negative nancy.

Support the team for **** sake!

I'm sick of everyone putting us down all the time.

1000-0 to Villaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I had a dream about Neil Taylor. It is all getting a bit too much for me.

Dude, of all the players you could dream about you chose Taylor? He doesn't even have a beard.