2nd leg pre match

Demitri_C

Why would we offer nothing going forward ? We were fine first half too deep second half but Bruce highlighted that after the game so no need to be negative at this stage. Wait till the team is announced or the first 15 minutes on Tuesday then moan if you have to 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not for me if we offer nothing going forward

Well if we don't concede we go through anyway. Plus I feel fairly confident that we will score at least 1 on Tuesday. Snodgrass, Grealish, Hourihane, Grabban., Adomah. All goal scorers. We are in the driving seat no doubt about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, smg said:

Why would we offer nothing going forward ? We were fine first half too deep second half but Bruce highlighted that after the game so no need to be negative at this stage. Wait till the team is announced or the first 15 minutes on Tuesday then moan if you have to 

Your post is very strange. Stating a fact is now deemed as moaning? Wierd.

Did we attack second half? Nope

We are inviting pressure on ourselves if we are not creating. It will be  abit ask to put in another defensive masterclass like we did 2nd half. We need to take the game to them first half. Vet another goal then hopefully with a two goal advantage we can do it.

Losing Elmo is a massive blow; Hope Bree can step up as the thought of Taylor terrifies me!

Changes please Mr Bruce, learn the lessons from past games, especially QPR.

Boro beat us by two goals at villa park. Ok it was a weaker side but they still have beaten us at villa park. I expect pulis to play bamford, assembolonga downing and traore. Therfore we will really have to expect a onslaught here. Will be difficult to keep all of those quiet for another 90. We have two take the game to them so they are more under pressure to score.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Boro beat us by two goals at villa park. Ok it was a weaker side but they still have beaten us at villa park. I expect pulis to play bamford, assembolonga downing and traore. Therfore we will really have to expect a onslaught here. Will be difficult to keep all of those quiet for another 90. We have two take the game to them so they are more under pressure to score.

Agreed. Bamford has a trick or 2 in him as well so id be a bit worried even though terry had his number when he came on yesterday. I dont think though boro can go gung ho even if they wanted to. Howson and Clayton just seem programmed to play sideways and backwards passes a lot. They cant become more offensively minded in 3 days. Traore will look to do what he did again and it didnt work. If they come flying out of the traps at us i think we'll put them away comfortably.

History is on our side as no team has reached the Championship playoff final having lost their home leg. It's only half time though and it won't be easy. The first goal will be crucial. If they score it we will have a fight on our hands but if we get a two goal cushion they will have an even bigger mountain to climb with Mr Bean acting as their sherpa. A packed Villa Park has proved too much for the two teams who are already promoted to the top flight to cope with and I hope the same proves to be the case for Boro on Tuesday. An early Villa goal and another just before half time would be very nice. 2-0 on the night then. Make it so Villa.

• Like 1

I expect Boro are going to turn up with towels sewn into every shirt they have in this game, I know people are worried about Jedinak playing two games so close like after the Wolves game but I think we’d be mad not to play him again knowing what we’ll be facing.

• Like 3

I’m really nervous about this one. Boro have absolutely nothing to lose and are surely going to throw everything forward. I’m concerned about us trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead and trying to soak up the invited pressure. We need a goal in the first 10 minutes else Mrs Chewie is gonna have to have the defibrillator at hand every time Boro cross the half way line!

• Haha 1

I wouldn't say that Boro have nothing to lose, I mean provided they remain 1-0 down with 5-10 minutes to go they can still win it. I don't think Boro will throw caution to the wind at Villa Park because they still have something to lose as a 2-0 win is not beyond them. That said I don't envy the position they are in because if they attack too much they leave themselves open to a counter, yet if they don't attack enough they don't win. Villa are one good attack away from putting this entire contest beyond Boro, but that doesn't mean that Boro have nothing to lose. They aren't going into this match already 4-0 down, they only need 2 goals (1 goal if they fancy extra time).

• Like 1