Football Kits 2018/19

sne

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Absolutely right.  Some sponsors are image-conscious and want the logo to look right on the kit.  Others just want it to stand out as much as possible.

Back when I was designing the Lazio kit, the sponsor was Siemens Mobile.  At the time the rule was that it could be a maximum of 200cm sq.  Siemens HQ was only just up the road from Puma, so they used to send a marketing guy down to measure their logo on the final prototype to ensure it was as big as possible.  One year it was a different guy who refused to sign it off as it was registering closer to 199cm sq.  We tried to explain that as the logos are applied with heat there always has to be a tolerance for some shrinkage.  Took days to get it sorted and led to a slight delay in the fans being able to buy shirts.

Chang were an interesting one too, with Everton.  Being Thai there are certain colours that have different meanings so we had to be conscious of that.  Black was always an absolute no-no.

You should write a book on this. Maybe it's a bit too niche but I'd definitely buy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

You should write a book on this. Maybe it's a bit too niche but I'd definitely buy it.

I've been threatening to write a book about something for years, but never thought about this being the subject.

What sort of thing would you enjoy reading about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've been threatening to write a book about something for years, but never thought about this being the subject.

What sort of thing would you enjoy reading about?

Just your experiences in the industry really, and maybe about the evolution of football kits in general as well? There's probably a market for it these days tbh.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On that note, what's with the weird squiggle by the players names on the Championship kits this season?

I'd heard about that, but was unsure as to why one of the EFL badges on the sleeve was white and one was yellow/gold? Is that the norm this season?

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just seen those new Manure shirts. All that black at the bottom of the shirts makes all their players look like they've got fat arses!

Luke Shaw must be hating it then!

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 12:18, sne said:

The new Gazprom, sorry Adidas ball for the CL

UCL_OMB_16x9_04.jpgUCL_OMB_16x9_06.jpgUCL_OMB_16x9_08.jpg

although I like the look of this ball a predominantly blue ball on a green pitch kicked in a dark sky as champions league games are played in the evenings WTF!?

Â