Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

Not of a nothing filler episode of Loki this week. Not bad but nothing really achieved.

Also oddly badly done final scene.

I agree weakest episode so far. At times reminded me of a bad doctor who episode.

Dialogue, story  and pacing were way off.

Spoiler

I presume none of it is real. When her enchantment didnt work she told Loki she had to construct elaborate fantasies to enchant stronger minds or something on those lines. So I presume when she touched him she created this and all of this episode is in his mind. Or I m way off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, heffoman said:

I agree weakest episode so far. At times reminded me of a bad doctor who episode.

Dialogue, story  and pacing were way off.

Reveal hidden contents

I presume none of it is real. When her enchantment didnt work she told Loki she had to construct elaborate fantasies to enchant stronger minds or something on those lines. So I presume when she touched him she created this and all of this episode is in his mind. Or I m way off.

Spoiler

I like your interpritation of events regarding the enchantment. It may even explain why this episode is a bit sub par regarding the action. This is not Marvel produced action it is Sylvie produced action, all dead ends and maze like, more akin to a dream than reality.  Playing on Loki by making him feel he is too strong a mind to be enchanted would be a cool and very mischievous thing to do.  It doesn't excuse the sadly lacking chemistry between Sylvie and Loki though, it is quite jarring after so much fun when Owen Wilson was around.

• Like 1

Watched 3 episodes of Loki and I desperately want to enjoy it but it feels very meh so far. I hope it improves. On the flip side I thought falcon & winter soldier was excellent.

Avengers Endgame watched today. By a large margin the best film of the series. Brought it all together and very enjoyable. Excellent performances from all involved. Less comedy and heightened drama. Loved it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Avengers Endgame watched today. By a large margin the best film of the series. Brought it all together and very enjoyable. Excellent performances from all involved. Less comedy and heightened drama. Loved it. 

Couldn't agree more, I thought it was close to cinematic perfection.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Couldn't agree more, I thought it was close to cinematic perfection.

The more I think about it and I feel you may be correct. It was just so damn good.  

I think it has a ms marvel problem and an overall fatigue issue but other than that it's still very good 

I think the eternals might make the ms marvel problem look small change 

Spoiler

The idea that in the background there's this super powerful being, one that's powerful enough to have stopped thanos at any given point but he / she wasn't available so it was up to the avengers to have this epic battle that they lost and then won 

If they now introduce eternals who could have stopped thanos in the blink of an eye but they didn't cos they don't get involved with that kind of thing but now theyve decided that they do... 

I'm gonna struggle with it if im honest 

Now you've finished them all have you read up / looked at what comes next and what you're looking forward to? 

Its all about thor love and thunder for me personally, the rest I'll watch but I'm not fussed about, doubt I'll watch any of them in the cinema 

Tickets booked for Black Widow. :D

Am I the only one struggling with Loki, btw? Was looking forward to it the most out of all the TV series they initially announced but finding it really flat.

After the fantastic Avengers: Endgame yesterday, the barely OK Spiderman Far From Home today. Meh.As I said for the other Spiderman film, it appears to be aimed at a young audience and not me. Still, its done and next up is Wandavision. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

After the fantastic Avengers: Endgame yesterday, the barely OK Spiderman Far From Home today. Meh.As I said for the other Spiderman film, it appears to be aimed at a young audience and not me. Still, its done and next up is Wandavision. 

I think Far From Home is better on a second viewing myself although it is still one of the weaker Marvel films tbh

On 26/06/2021 at 23:25, MCU said:

Am I the only one struggling with Loki, btw? Was looking forward to it the most out of all the TV series they initially announced but finding it really flat.

You are not the only one. I'm close to tapping out after 3 episodes.

• Like 1

Last weeks episode felt like a filler episode. This one did not. Best episode of the series that.

Spoiler

Loki getting pruned, Mobius getting pruned, the Timekeepers being androids?! A lot of questions after that that I want answered.... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Last weeks episode felt like a filler episode. This one did not. Best episode of the series that.

Reveal hidden contents

Loki getting pruned, Mobius getting pruned, the Timekeepers being androids?! A lot of questions after that that I want answered.... 

Yep good episode, and so much to cover off still. 
Can see why there will be a second series

Spoiler

Did you spot Richard E Grant in the mid credits scene?

I’m not surprised the timekeepers are fake, that’s one thing I was expecting, as no one has ever seen them (well besides Ravenna)
Was surprised at Hunter B15

I've got to say as well that the music for this series has been great. I think the composer is Natalie Holt and the music has been absolutely tremendous.

Also yes I'm absolutely here for 

Spoiler

Richard E Grant Loki, as well as Alligator Loki

Also 

Spoiler

I've got a pretty strong feeling we might have a Kang cameo as a season end stinger...

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â