Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

looks like spiderman 2 is called far from home

Was just about to post this. 

Guessing it’ll be him out of New York, maybe Europe... could see him being on a school trip and something kicks off... Has something happened like that in the Comics or will this be something new? 

Rumour was they were filming in London.

Spider-Man has definitely had times outside of New York. I can't recall an exact time he's been to London but I think he'll have been involved in a Doctor Doom plot going to Latveria. And he's been to space before now. And there's 'versions' of Spider-Man that aren't based in New York at all.

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was just about to post this. 

Guessing it’ll be him out of New York, maybe Europe... could see him being on a school trip and something kicks off... Has something happened like that in the Comics or will this be something new? 

Like the movie from 12 months ago where he was on a school trip to washington...

This was set in scotland after Mary Jane apparently inherited a haunted castle

efkzLfG.jpg

3Sfv9Ip.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Like the movie from 12 months ago where he was on a school trip to washington...

That was only a small part of the movie, the main “baddie” and battle was still in New York 

Ant-Man and the Wasp reviews in the US have it as another decent entry in the series, generally 7/10 rating. Most note that is funny and lightweight and it's a nice palate cleanser after Black Panther and Infinity War having slightly heavier plots. It's it's own thing with only fleeting reference to the events of Infinity War, but it does have some connection to Avengers 4 and where that's going. Wasp apparently steals the show. Downsides appear to be it's a bit up and down in its plotting and oddly seems to not really have villains (some reviews even going so far as to suggest you could scribble out the villains in the script and not actually change the film much) with the plot apparently more interested in the quest to rescue the original Wasp, who as we know from the first film, has been lost on the quantum realm.

Still, should be good fun when it finally comes out here...

On 25/06/2018 at 00:02, LakotaDakota said:

Halfway through luke cage, it is VERY slow going and every episode is between 55-70 minutes long. It is better than the first season so far but could do with some trimming down to about 8-10 hours rather than 13

I've finished it, as i said in the TV thread im not actually sure what the point of it is, doesn't really go anywhere or offer anything, promotes a couple of bad characters, ruins a couple of good ones and introduces more badly written ones with a piss poor main story arc that changes its mind half way through again

its another boring mess

I have 1 episode left and would agree with the above. I have enjoyed it more than the first season but it all just seems a bit pointless, is completely rediculous in places and is far, far too long. I have watched it over 3 nights but it feels like i started it weeks ago. Very much a case of i've started so i'll finish and can't wait for it to be done.

Any season 3 must be either cut down to a maximum of 10 full length episodes or if they are staying with 13 episodes they need trimming to 45 mins each

if the plan is ultimately defenders series 2 then i dont see what either LC or JJ season 2 has offered so far, built nothing, not covered the end of defenders particularly well, i think with LC they have tried to angle him towards what i think happened in the 90s comics (looking at you chindie....) in that he is a very angry man but 1) i dont think they did a very good job of it 2) im not sure if that will continue

all seems a bit aimless but with an increased number of cameos to remind you what world its set in

they need to sign up vincent d'onofrio to be the over arching villain, for those that have watched LC

Spoiler

last couple of episodes where they bring in the other mob bosses from the 5 points, shit characters that arent needed, they could bring in kingpin there

Disappointing reading these Luke Cage reviews. I've only watched the first episode so far and that was better than the entire first series put together.

I'll still make my way through It, my enthusiasm was already tempered by s1 so I might as well watch it.

Totally agree about the reduction of episodes though (across the board for all the shows) give me a meaningful 8 episodes over 13 uneven ones any day.

First look at Captain Marvel in her actual get up for Avengers 4.

Dgx6_x6_Uw_AAne_Ka.jpg

Brie Larson looks more the part than I thought she would, and the outfit is closer to her modern look on the page than the set photos we saw leaked (main change being she's missing the sash and the shoulder part is normally red straight across).

She's still far too generic a character though imo.

Edited by Chindie

Leto as Dr Morbius.

Jared Leto to Star in Sony Spider-Man Title 'Morbius,' Daniel Espinosa to Direct

The project is based on the antihero Morbius the Living Vampire.

Jared Leto, who played The Joker in Suicide Squad, is looking to add another comic book character to his résumé.

The Oscar-winning actor has signed on to star in Morbius, Sony’s latest entry into its Marvel-based, Spider-Man-centric universe of characters.

Daniel Espinosa, the Scandinavian filmmaker who helmed Safe House and last year's sci-fi thriller Life, will direct the feature, which has a script by Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, the duo who created Netflix’s Lost in Spaceremake.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach will produce with Lucas Foster.

The project is based on the antihero Morbius the Living Vampire. Morbius is Dr. Michael Morbius, a scientist who suffered from a rare blood disease and attempted to cure himself to disastrous results. Instead of being cured, he became afflicted with a condition that was a form of vampirism — the thirst for blood, along with fangs and super strength — and fought Spider-Man. Over time, however, he became a slightly heroic figure in his own right and even headlined his own comic book titles.

Morbius was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gil Kane and first appeared in 1971's Amazing Spider-ManNo. 101, the first issue not written by Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee.

Sony executive Palak Patel will oversee for the studio.

While Leto has in the past chosen projects that had indie sensibilities, winning an Oscar for his work in Dallas Buyers Club, in recent years he has been targeting roles in tentpole or franchise projects. In addition to playing the popular DC villain in 2016’s Suicide Squad, the actor played a sinister character in Blade Runner 2049 and is attached to a sequel to Tron.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jared-leto-star-sony-spider-man-title-morbius-daniel-espinosa-direct-1108907?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct&utm_source=Direct&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Not sure if this qualifies as the Marvel Cinematic universe?

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure if this qualifies as the Marvel Cinematic universe?

Nope.

At least not yet anyway. Sony's stuff except Spider-Man movies (from Homecoming on) are not MCU. They might become MCU possibly, depending on deals/relationships and if they attempt to tie the proprieties together.

But so far all the indications are that Sony's weird Spider-Man villain spin offs are their own thing.

They're also all going to be shit.

But no, not MCU.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chindie said:

Nope.

At least not yet anyway. Sony's stuff except Spider-Man movies (from Homecoming on) are not MCU. They might become MCU possibly, depending on deals/relationships and if they attempt to tie the proprieties together.

But so far all the indications are that Sony's weird Spider-Man villain spin offs are their own thing.

They're also all going to be shit.

But no, not MCU.

Ah well, then carry as you were :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ant-Man 2 was enjoyable enough movie if like the 1st one and not expecting an Avengers type movie. Used to hate Evangeline Lilly in Lost but she has grown on me in this and Michael Douglas is usually good when he is moody

Its not going to make top 10 Marvel movies but its light and fun

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to watch Luke Cage series 2 at some point :(

An easy improvement to Iron Fist would just be put him in the bloody costume...

Alice Eve confirmed she's playing Typhoid Mary in the show as well, which is... Er... Well, different. I bet she doesn't turn up in her usual outfit either.

Â