Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Bucky is the other one.

In fairness Todd and Bucky coming back actually worked because they ended up doing something interesting with them. It wasn't just a resurrection of the same character like we usually see.

Course it was. I'm just so used to him being in the MCU now that I must have put a mental block in on him. 

Todd is the best Robin IMO and love the Red Hood character. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whilst the other Spider-Man’s coming in could be very interesting, they are running the risk of overcomplicating things especially when you also think they have the reveal from the last film to go round. The Sony Spiderman 3, is criticised for having too much going on. I hope this doesn’t fall into that. Into the spideyverse can get away with as it’s a cartoon. 

Stolen from Facebook,

Takeaways from Marvel presentation

- Black Widow confirmed theatrical release
- New trailers for WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Loki 
- WandaVision in Janurary, FAWS in March, Loki in May.
- Shang-Chi, Eternals, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Hawkeye all on track for release dates. No trailers yet.
- Tatiana Maslany confirmed for She Hulk! Abomination will return and Mark Ruffalo also confirmed! Daredevil was sort of teased? Feige said something like “it’s a courtroom for superheroes you never know WHO you’ll run into” *wink* Maybe I read too much into that. 
- Ms Marvel next fall. Ms Marvel and Monica Rambeau also confirmed to appear in Captain Marvel 2. Some shots of Ms Marvel were shown, but no official trailer. 
- Captain Marvel 2 directed by Nia DaCosta is coming 11/11/2022.
- Fiege talked a bit about Moon Knight but didn’t really add new information to what we already know.
- What If? next summer on Disney+. An extended look was shown.
- Xochitl Gomez confirmed to play America Chavez.
- Black Panther II coming July 2022. T’Challa will not be recast. There was a nice tribute to Chadwick Boseman included.
- Secret Invasion series on Disney+! Samuel L. Jackson will star. This is the rumored Nick Fury series.
- Iron Heart series confirmed for Disney+! Dominque Thorne will play Riri Williams.
- Fantastic Four movie will be directed by Jon Watts. No release date, casting, or other information but the logo is awesome.
- Guardians 3 coming 2023. A Guardians holiday special will come to Disney+ Christmas 2022 written and directed by James Gunn.
- A series of shorts called I Am Groot will premiere on Disney+ starting baby Groot and other characters.
- Christian Bale is playing Gorr the God Butcher in Thor Love and Thunder.
- Armor Wars, a series focusing on War Machine will come to Disney+ starting Don Cheadle.
- Ant-Man 3 will begin filming early next year and will be titled Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

So much hype!

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Stolen from Facebook,

Takeaways from Marvel presentation

- Black Widow confirmed theatrical release
- New trailers for WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Loki 
- WandaVision in Janurary, FAWS in March, Loki in May.
- Shang-Chi, Eternals, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Hawkeye all on track for release dates. No trailers yet.
- Tatiana Maslany confirmed for She Hulk! Abomination will return and Mark Ruffalo also confirmed! Daredevil was sort of teased? Feige said something like “it’s a courtroom for superheroes you never know WHO you’ll run into” *wink* Maybe I read too much into that. 
- Ms Marvel next fall. Ms Marvel and Monica Rambeau also confirmed to appear in Captain Marvel 2. Some shots of Ms Marvel were shown, but no official trailer. 
- Captain Marvel 2 directed by Nia DaCosta is coming 11/11/2022.
- Fiege talked a bit about Moon Knight but didn’t really add new information to what we already know.
- What If? next summer on Disney+. An extended look was shown.
- Xochitl Gomez confirmed to play America Chavez.
- Black Panther II coming July 2022. T’Challa will not be recast. There was a nice tribute to Chadwick Boseman included.
- Secret Invasion series on Disney+! Samuel L. Jackson will star. This is the rumored Nick Fury series.
- Iron Heart series confirmed for Disney+! Dominque Thorne will play Riri Williams.
- Fantastic Four movie will be directed by Jon Watts. No release date, casting, or other information but the logo is awesome.
- Guardians 3 coming 2023. A Guardians holiday special will come to Disney+ Christmas 2022 written and directed by James Gunn.
- A series of shorts called I Am Groot will premiere on Disney+ starting baby Groot and other characters.
- Christian Bale is playing Gorr the God Butcher in Thor Love and Thunder.
- Armor Wars, a series focusing on War Machine will come to Disney+ starting Don Cheadle.
- Ant-Man 3 will begin filming early next year and will be titled Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

So much hype!

Hate that so much of this is on Disney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Hate that so much of this is on Disney. 

My only real problem with it being on Disney is that it means that they won't adjust the content per character, they won't be able to make a daredevil show like Netflix could, they haven't said yet where they're going to pitch blade for example, I see all of it being family friendly stuff, will look pretty, have some humour thrown in, lots of explosions a lot of variance in the characters and settings but next to no variance in other things, I think some of it could just become background noise like the ant man films for example, I'll watch them, I'll enjoy them but I'll also think they're nothing special and instantly forgettable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My only real problem with it being on Disney is that it means that they won't adjust the content per character, they won't be able to make a daredevil show like Netflix could, they haven't said yet where they're going to pitch blade for example, I see all of it being family friendly stuff, will look pretty, have some humour thrown in, lots of explosions a lot of variance in the characters and settings but next to no variance in other things, I think some of it could just become background noise like the ant man films for example, I'll watch them, I'll enjoy them but I'll also think they're nothing special and instantly forgettable 

Agree with everything you say but also don't want to have to pay for a Disney+ subscription. Got one before and ran out of things to watch within a few weeks. I also suspect that they'll release these one a week, with a mid season break and then remove the box set as soon as it ends so you cant binge it. They'll pull every last penny out of these that they can. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Agree with everything you say but also don't want to have to pay for a Disney+ subscription. Got one before and ran out of things to watch within a few weeks. I also suspect that they'll release these one a week, with a mid season break and then remove the box set as soon as it ends so you cant binge it. They'll pull every last penny out of these that they can. 

I've ended up paying for 1 month after my 2nd free trial, this one with game pass

There's nowhere near enough content to justify it even if it looks like they're going to flood it next year 

Spoiler

Fortunately because it's a streaming service kodi tends to get decent copies of everything, my problem is kodi can't do German subtitles for the wife 

• Like 1

I must admit the Disney+ MCU content doesn't really set my heart aflutter.

Wandavision is going to be weird but neither are my favourite characters and Wanda's powers have always been slightly too 'ooo-eee-ooo' and this is just going to drive into them further and go House of M no doubt.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier could be cool. They've got decent chemistry and they're supposedly delving into some of the 'other' Captain Americas - with US Agent having been cast. And it's bringing Zemo back. This will likely be a solid action thriller over 6 episodes.

Loki looks like a vehicle to put a few cool ideas in (I'm still completely onboard with Loki being DB Cooper - that's just a **** cool idea) but I'll hold judgement on exactly what it ultimately will be.

She-Hulk I've very little interest in.

Moon Knight is obviously high potential but could easily go wrong. They better not **** it up though.

Secret Invasion is a cool idea but it's another one that very easily goes wrong or wastes the premise.

Couldn't care less about Ironheart.

Armor Wars, *shrug*. The comic story is basically an excuse to have Iron Man fight a bunch of armoured villains (which also feels a bit like Marvel pointing at the elephant that a lot of their universe is guys in armour...). Beyond that...?

It's a all a bit bleh.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 14:35, Chindie said:

Moon Knight is obviously high potential but could easily go wrong. They better not **** it up though.

Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have now been brought in as Directors which means I'm now very, very interested.

Two of my favourite contemporary directors and I've loved everything they have done so far.

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Deadpool movies are by far the best from Marvel.

May be in the minority,but never a big fan of The Avengers,and just not really thrilled with their upcoming projects

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have now been brought in as Directors which means I'm now very, very interested.

Two of my favourite contemporary directors and I've loved everything they have done so far.

Fingers crossed. 

There's been further nods towards Oscar Isaac being cast as Marc Spector recently as well so the things seem to be falling into place for it.

They can't **** it up. They just can't. Moon Knight is superb.

Â