Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

So after all this time I’m deciding to try the TV series’ 

I’ve seen JJ series 1 and heard 2 was awful. Have no interest in Luke Cage or Iron Fist as heard both were poor (and found Luke Cage boring in JJ).

Thinking starting Daredevil 1+2, Then Defenders 1, Punisher 1, Daredevil 3, Punisher 2. 

@Chindie (or anyone else) is that a good way to go about it? Would I understand without watching the others 

You should give both Luke Cage and Iron Fist a go. In both cases they've got their decent moments in their first series and second series are both pretty decent imo. Jessica Jones series 2 is a bit crap. 

If you aren't going to watch them, then do Daredevil 1 and 2, Defenders, Daredevil 3. The Punisher is pretty much unrelated so you can watch it anywhere after Daredevil 2. I've still not seen the second series of that but assume do that last.

The highlights are Daredevil 1 and 3, and Punisher. Defenders is a bit of a damp squib (has a few moments), Daredevil 2 suffers from basically running 2 stories alongside themselves and because 1 is so good.

But seriously, I'd give both Cage and Fist a go. Cage 1 I didn't think much of but has its highlights, Iron Fist is nowhere near as bad as made out and has some fun, Cage 2 is genuinely pretty good and Fist 2 is good fun.

• Like 1

Defenders last couple of episodes as the crescendo to all the series up until that point is a major let down

Throws the grounded in reality stuff out the window, kingpin should have been the big bad

All of the series have their moments even if luke cage and iron fist are a bit boring and LC suffers from not knowing what it wants to be

I didn't even watch JJ series 3, I think knowing it was cancelled I lost interest, didn't like the blonde girl, DT in series 1 is excellent, same as kingpin its a shame they couldn't get a way of making him play a bigger role in the whole thing 

I hope one day they do a Captain Britain tv series, Still got my mask and boomerang from issues one and two somewhere. Here’s hoping

Edited by Follyfoot

Supposedly Captain Britain is on the list of characters they are looking to produce something with. Although that's not saying much.

...maybe Captain Midlands can appear, one day...

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

...maybe Captain Midlands can appear, one day...

I heard a development theme song go something like... 

Super, super Jack. 

36 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I heard a development theme song go something like... 

Super, super Jack. 

Bit young...

CaptainMidlands.png

"Rambling" Sid Ridley is a Brummie who underwent a similar process in WW2 to Captain America, but has aged, where Cap was frozen and became the 'Man out of time' Sid just carried on being at the peak of human ability despite growing old.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I watched the first season and it was very surreal. Haven’t got round to the rest

Really liked the first season but only got a few eps into season 2 before i lost interest and quit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone knows if Marvel / Disney is moving into  XXX-rated territory?

This is just fantastic when you read it as a Swede. Knull in Swedish means f**k :D 

Marvel teases "Knull is coming" | GamesRadar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Anyone knows if Marvel / Disney is moving into  XXX-rated territory?

This is just fantastic when you read it as a Swede. Knull in Swedish means f**k :D 

Marvel teases "Knull is coming" | GamesRadar

Thankfully only relates to the comics...

they've acquired the publishing rights for alien and predator, Disney already own the film rights as part of the fox deal

hopefully means if they do wheel out more films it'll be done by establishing a comic first and putting some decent footings down, the alien franchise in particular I think has potential for another good war film, I want full blown starship troopers with xenomorphs 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they've acquired the publishing rights for alien and predator, Disney already own the film rights as part of the fox deal

hopefully means if they do wheel out more films it'll be done by establishing a comic first and putting some decent footings down, the alien franchise in particular I think has potential for another good war film, I want full blown starship troopers with xenomorphs 

There’s a great potential for a good horror film  in the Alien series which hasn’t yet been explored.

That gap between them finding the Alien ship in Aliens and the Marines arriving, you’d have to follow it through the eyes of ‘Newt’ as she’s the only one who survived of course but I reckon you could make a great film with the right script and direction.

Call it LV426

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

Risk is that they will want to make it pg13 to bring in maximum amount of money.

They've done R-rated stuff but is it the direction they will take?

Would love to see adaptations of some of the old Dark Horse Aliens comics.  Reckon you could cobble together something really ace from the likes of Nightmare Asylum, Rogue or Labyrinth.

On a re-watch of the films with the partner who never saw them before. She's actually got into them which has been nice, and I've found both Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 to be more enjoyable on a re-watch than I expected. Perhaps the often repeated general perception of them being duff films among many people lowered my expectations really low, but they were solid. Perhaps there's the added emotional engagement with tony stark having seen his full arc play out. Age of Ultron on the other hand, bored the pants of me, that's definitely one that's much worse than I remember. Can barely remember anything of the storyline now just a few days later. I have memories of Vision walking past a chippy in Scotland with the red haired one, but that must have been from a different film. 

Â