Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

will put it in a spoiler just in case there is someone who still hasn't seen avengers

Hide contents

so he's alive?

i for one am gobsmacked

thats why the IW ending simply didnt work

Spoiler

Seen it suggested that this takes place before IW.

Remains to be seen if true.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

will put it in a spoiler just in case there is someone who still hasn't seen avengers

Reveal hidden contents

so he's alive?

i for one am gobsmacked

thats why the IW ending simply didnt work

Spoiler

There's a bunch of get outs for them.

This could be set pre-Infinity War, it could be a different universe post- Infinity War etc...

Of course all the heroes that died in Infinity War weren't gone forever, we knew they were making a sequel to Homecoming etc etc before Infinity War was even out. The intrigue was always how they would get out of it, and that is still the case (and still one of the biggest problems Endgame has imo, is getting out of the hole and not coming across as cheap or token. They need to convince me still that Strange's line 'this was the only way' is really the case for instance)

Anywho... Nice to see they've committed to Mysterio having the fishbowl for 30 seconds at least.

I don't like the Elementals, and was never going to like the Elementals.

If you know the slightest thing about the characters involved you can see the plot from **** miles away.

But it looks pretty good all in all.

• Like 3

I’ve really enjoyed the Marvel Spider-Man, but that trailer really hasn’t blown me away. You can see Mesterio is going to turn coat.

I know nothing of the Elementals, but it just looks like sandman from s3 was it? And I was never a fan of that character. 

Apparently the close up of PP’s passport doesn’t show the years it’s issued. People are saying it’s to not “age” the film, others think it’s because it shows it’s set prior to Infinity War. 

Think Marvel have been very clever (when aren’t they), with having SpiderMan the film after End Game. It’s a hugely popular character even before coming into MCU, therefore it’s always going to do well at the boxoffice no matter what happens in End Game

The Elementals are a really shit villains team from the 70s that was so bad I'm fairly sure they never appeared in a comic after that period. They were exiled aliens who could control, you guessed it, the elements. And nobody cared. Sandman is far and away a better character.

Here I'd wager they have absolutely nothing to do with the comic iteration, they're just generic villains to throw some special effects around. Given that it's a **** racing certainty that

Spoiler

Mysterio is going to be the villain ultimately, because he's always been a villain and he's a classic on Spider-Man's rogues gallery

I'd wager that

Spoiler

He's in some way behind the Elementals. I'd go so far as to say that's why they are a bit naff - they're the kind of thing someone with no imagination comes up with. 

Traditionally Mysterio is a master of special effects, together with some Scarecrow style hallucinatory gases and the like, so there's a chance they'll spin that into him actually creating these things somehow and using them as puppets to portray himself as a hero, when actually he's a sad sack of shit.

I'm still genuinely surprised they went quite so classic with his look. The fishbowl head is so dumb but it basically defines the character's look. I hope they do really commit to it, though I'm not holding out too much hope, they'll want Gyllenhaal's face on screen as much as possible given how much they'll have paid him.

Looks like more Nick Fury than expected too. And that guess that the stealth/noir suit is a bit of Shield kit looks on the money.

It looks decent all in all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mole86 said:

As false as the Infinity War alternative ending you posted last week

Possibly its just a rumour at this stage.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Unrelated universe.

X-Men stuff is Fox for the time being.

The deal with Disney also done apparently 

I really really hope they don’t put Wolverine in. To start with the deal with fox hasn’t been fully finalised as yet, so any involvement would be very rushed. Secondly Wolverine has carried the X Men franchise for years, with Jackman superb in the role. But now it’s moving to Marvel it’ll be a complete new reboot, including a new actor. There is no rush to shoehorn him straight into the MCU when there is already a wealth of big characters there. 

X men, Wolverine and Fantastic Four can be introduced slowly into the MCU over the next 5 years or so. It will be interesting to see how Marvel bring through X men and mutants, as isn’t the traditional line that Xavier and Magneto were around during WW2, if so then where have they been? In hiding? Mutations blocked? There are many ways Marvel could bring them in.

what would it actually achieve?

if its a 5 second cameo with the new actor and new direction its going to be hard to nail him and make sure it gets across to the entire audience who it is and what the point is, it doesnt need a "**** off" moment and it also doesnt need a 2 minute bad ass scene where he comes in and slashes up a load of bad guys, they already have that character

220px-Ronin_Marvel_Comics.jpg

they dont need to take the risk of it not working, it wouldnt add enough to the film

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

In regards to this trailer and Endgame.

Spoiler

I think it confirms that it's either set before Endgame or that the Avengers manage to reverse the snap and revive everyone. The trailer shows that everyone of significance in Peter's life (except Ironman) is present in the same place as Peter, including his entire class and I don't buy they were all snapped and would therefore end up in the mirror universe, too coincidental and Marvel aren't that dumb/lazy. I also don't think traditional/non comic book audiences would cope with multiple universes for more than one film so it would have to be remedied in Endgame if they did this.

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really really hope they don’t put Wolverine in. To start with the deal with fox hasn’t been fully finalised as yet, so any involvement would be very rushed. Secondly Wolverine has carried the X Men franchise for years, with Jackman superb in the role. But now it’s moving to Marvel it’ll be a complete new reboot, including a new actor. There is no rush to shoehorn him straight into the MCU when there is already a wealth of big characters there. 

X men, Wolverine and Fantastic Four can be introduced slowly into the MCU over the next 5 years or so. It will be interesting to see how Marvel bring through X men and mutants, as isn’t the traditional line that Xavier and Magneto were around during WW2, if so then where have they been? In hiding? Mutations blocked? There are many ways Marvel could bring them in.

The new xmen movies are pretty shit to be honest. 

The problem is I can't see anyone portraying wolverine as well as hugh jackman. Any reboot will be a flop.

Â