Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think Ritchie's name only came up because he's British, will do work for hire type stuff and RDJ likes him. He's not a home run on anything though and he's had some nasty misses - last year's King Arthur was the absolute definition of a flop.

I've no idea why he got the Aladdin job, but I could see him being available to do another gig late this year, as I think Sherlock 3 is still a ways off. I also don't think Ritchie's a natural fit for what Captain Britain would be, which is a really weird mix up of old school fantasy stuff with modern world superhero tropes.

As for Cavill, that's certainly only come up because of the Superman talk coming up around the same time imo. I don't see him jumping from Superman to another superhero. I could see him jumping from Superman to do Bond though. But that's another topic.

Casting Captain Britain might be a bit awkward actually. How many decent British actors are about that also tick the boxes of

- able to bulk up significantly

- not too big of a name

- willing to commit to multiple films

- reasonably young

?

I struggle to think of any.

I know nothing of the character. How bulked up? 

Marvel are good at picking them, Holland was a surprise inclusion and he is superb. 

What about Taron Egerton?

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and if they were all of those it sounds like they might be in the frame for another franchise too...

Such as?

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think Ritchie's name only came up because he's British, will do work for hire type stuff and RDJ likes him. He's not a home run on anything though and he's had some nasty misses - last year's King Arthur was the absolute definition of a flop.

I've no idea why he got the Aladdin job, but I could see him being available to do another gig late this year, as I think Sherlock 3 is still a ways off. I also don't think Ritchie's a natural fit for what Captain Britain would be, which is a really weird mix up of old school fantasy stuff with modern world superhero tropes.

As for Cavill, that's certainly only come up because of the Superman talk coming up around the same time imo. I don't see him jumping from Superman to another superhero. I could see him jumping from Superman to do Bond though. But that's another topic.

Casting Captain Britain might be a bit awkward actually. How many decent British actors are about that also tick the boxes of

- able to bulk up significantly

- not too big of a name

- willing to commit to multiple films

- reasonably young

?

I struggle to think of any.

How about Joe Cole? (The one from Peaky Blinders that is)

Bit short maybe?

56 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know nothing of the character. How bulked up? 

Marvel are good at picking them, Holland was a surprise inclusion and he is superb. 

What about Taron Egerton?

Such as?

54 minutes ago, sne said:

How about Joe Cole? (The one from Peaky Blinders that is)

Bit short maybe?

latest?cb=20141115233522

That's his modern look. He usually doesn't have the goatee and tache. You basically need to cast a new Chris Evans, but British. Captain Britain is **** massive usually, often more built than Cap is portrayed to be. Egerton or Joe Cole wouldn't be right, you need a little older than either and much more bulky. Cavill wouldn't be a bad shout but I wouldn't put money on it happening (and tbh I wouldn't put money on this movie happening soon either).

I really struggle to think of anyone. Marvel's casting is usually bang on though as had been said and they've been good at finding lesser known faces for roles, so chances are it would be someone out of left field.

The other thing with a Captain Britain movie is its a stepping stone to its own 'Avengers'-esque team. He's headed up a team called Excalibur, which was basically British X-Men (Psylocke is Captain Britain's sister iirc), and MI:13, which is British Avengers usually dealing with more supernatural threats. And also this guy

captain-midlands.jpeg

Captain Midlands. A Brummie super soldier who has aged, albeit to a lesser extent than he would have otherwise, but maintained his abilities.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

latest?cb=20141115233522

That's his modern look. He usually doesn't have the goatee and tache. You basically need to cast a new Chris Evans, but British. Captain Britain is **** massive usually, often more built than Cap is portrayed to be. Egerton or Joe Cole wouldn't be right, you need a little older than either and much more bulky. Cavill wouldn't be a bad shout but I wouldn't put money on it happening (and tbh I wouldn't put money on this movie happening soon either).

I really struggle to think of anyone. Marvel's casting is usually bang on though as had been said and they've been good at finding lesser known faces for roles, so chances are it would be someone out of left field.

The other thing with a Captain Britain movie is its a stepping stone to its own 'Avengers'-esque team. He's headed up a team called Excalibur, which was basically British X-Men (Psylocke is Captain Britain's sister iirc), and MI:13, which is British Avengers usually dealing with more supernatural threats. And also this guy

captain-midlands.jpeg

Captain Midlands. A Brummie super soldier who has aged, albeit to a lesser extent than he would have otherwise, but maintained his abilities.

To follow in the successful footsteps of Dave Batista, what about Nick Adlis, never seen him act (he’s a wrestler, and former gladiator). Would have the build at least 

Finished s2 of Iron Fist.

Thumbs up from me. It lags a little around the middle and there's still a few issues with clunky storytelling but apart from that It was a vast improvement on s1.

It also benefited from being 10 eps instead of the usual 13.

Edited by Designer1

The music reminded me heavily of Man of Steel...

I don't like the character, that trailer didn't do a great deal for me, but then it's basically not shown much of the plot - we get a tiny glimpse of a Skrull and a hint at what they bring to the table and that's it.

I don't anticipate this being in my top entries to the series. I just really couldn't give less of a **** about Captain Marvel. Still kinda feel like Brie Larsen is miscast as well. Still the least interesting thing in her own movie for me.

Finished Luke Cage series 2.

Good series. Far better than the first. Ends slightly off kilter, the final episode is a proper 'wrap things up' ending that goes in an unexpected direction. But overall a good entry for Marvel Netflix.

Onto Iron Fist series 2...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Onto Iron Fist series 2...

Interested to know your thoughts when finished. The last episode threw up a wtf moment that led me to doing a bit of research. As you're far more knowledgeable on Marvel you'll probably understand it straight away.

Â