Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

@Chindie You're bang on re. Luke Cage s2. It doesn't tail off either I thought the ending and in particular Luke's arc were very well written.

As for Iron Fist s2, as I mentioned elsewhere the first couple of episodes are better than the entire first series. Just gonna pop another couple of eps on now.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

I'm glad it keeps up with the standard.

I really, really dislike the first Luke Cage series. Not because it was outright bad, but because it's criminally boring and completely **** up halfway through the series. In truth I was only watching the second series to get to the Iron Fist episode. Thankfully it's so far delivered in and of itself.

Iron Fist S2 is supposedly decent and ends very well I've heard. Which interests me because Iron Fist is a really cool character when done right. Next on the list once Luke Cage is done.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Aaaaaand just clicked who Alice Eve's character is in IF 2 ?

That's one thing I'm slightly iffy about with the new series... Never liked that character. Also chances are she's not going to look anything like her usual self on the page...

Just re-watching the Marvel movie series. I think Thor 2 is my least favourite of the movies so far. Just pipping Iron Man 2. Apart from Winter Soldier the sequels do take a dip in quality before picking back up again, which is a shame as GOTG 3 is currently very unlikely.

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That's one thing I'm slightly iffy about with the new series... Never liked that character. Also chances are she's not going to look anything like her usual self on the page...

Without spoilers...i kind of like what they've done (Alice Eve is very impressive) but there are some pretty big changes.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Just re-watching the Marvel movie series. I think Thor 2 is my least favourite of the movies so far. Just pipping Iron Man 2. Apart from Winter Soldier the sequels do take a dip in quality before picking back up again, which is a shame as GOTG 3 is currently very unlikely.

I've been watching them for the first time this year. I think even when they do drop in quality a little, like the two you mention, they're still solid 7/10 movies. Although I don't think GOTG 2 is a drop, I though that one was better than the first one - so many laugh out loud moments for me.

• Like 1

A lot of talk around this morning that Marvel are due to start work on a Captain Britain film, with Guy Ritchie directing. Supposedly will also feature the Black Knight.

Probably one to be taken with a pinch of salt. Ritchie wouldn't be the best choice for it imo either way.

On 11/09/2018 at 14:04, Chindie said:

A lot of talk around this morning that Marvel are due to start work on a Captain Britain film, with Guy Ritchie directing. Supposedly will also feature the Black Knight.

Probably one to be taken with a pinch of salt. Ritchie wouldn't be the best choice for it imo either way.

Haven’t  heard about Ritchie, but Henry Cavill linked as the titular role 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So Venom will apparently be PG-13.

Supposedly because the plan is to have him face off against Spider-Man at some point down the line.

Or so say twitter...

:)

Not MCU. It's the start of Sony's attempt to make a weird Spider-Man villains universe (also including Morbius, Black Cat and Silver Sable, amongst others) which will be separate to the Spider-Man in the MCU stuff for now. 

Just now, Chindie said:

:)

Not MCU. It's the start of Sony's attempt to make a weird Spider-Man villains universe (also including Morbius, Black Cat and Silver Sable, amongst others) which will be separate to the Spider-Man in the MCU stuff for now. 

Not even if he faces up against Spidey?

I really have no clue how all this strings together :D 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not even if he faces up against Spidey?

I really have no clue how all this strings together :D 

If Holland's Spider-Man appears then it would technically be MCU (as a weird offshoot). But I wouldn't count on him appearing unfortunately. It was rumoured he had a cameo, but I'll be surprised if he does. 

I think the current status of the Sony stuff (Homecoming aside) is it's completely it's own thing but with enough distance that if Marvel and Sony come to an agreement they can fudge it together (which imo is why they've done Venom in California - he's away from Spider-Man, as was the case in the Lethal Protector story they've based the film off). I can't see that happening just yet though. Marvel and Sony were very... muddled... about the status of the Sony solo films. Sony nodded and winked that they were MCU films, Marvel effectively said no they aren't. I think there's been talks about sharing the universe further but I think Sony are more keen than Marvel are by a long shot.

I'm torn on whether it's a good or bad thing. Good, because Sony will **** it up. Bad, because a universe of Spider-Man villains without Spider-Man's (and especially so with Venom) is dumb as **** and will put a stink on any future attempts to do those properties right. It also cuts down on villains Marvel can use with Spider-Man if the current deal continues. Mysterio is the villain for Homecoming 2 by all accounts, and then your dropping fast down the ranks.

• Thanks 1

@chindie homecoming 2 is far from home, doubt that means the west coast but then mysterio is hollywood...think the film is coming out 2 months after avengers 4, so they have the fall out from that, mysterio, vulture and if they follow up the end of homecoming the sinister six

the biggest problem i think it will have is the avengers fallout

Spoiler

stark is dying, if the sacrifice himself to save peter is true then the impact of that is 50% of this film

finished iron fist 2, much much better, i'd probably put that as the 5th best series (DD, DD2, punisher, JJ) davos was a good baddie, colleen was good, the meacham reduction worked,  if they think misty is the gel between the 4 rather than claire then im on board with that, the better fight scenes was the main reason though

but i dont understand the ending

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

@chindie homecoming 2 is far from home, doubt that means the west coast but then mysterio is hollywood...think the film is coming out 2 months after avengers 4, so they have the fall out from that, mysterio, vulture and if they follow up the end of homecoming the sinister six

the biggest problem i think it will have is the avengers fallout

Reveal hidden contents

stark is dying, if the sacrifice himself to save peter is true then the impact of that is 50% of this film

At least part of Far from Home is set in London. They were supposedly filming at the Tower a couple of weeks ago I think.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2018 at 22:26, mikeyp102 said:

Haven’t  heard about Ritchie, but Henry Cavill linked as the titular role 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ritchie has aladdin and then sherlock holmes 3 so he's a busy man

surprised he got aladdin

I think Ritchie's name only came up because he's British, will do work for hire type stuff and RDJ likes him. He's not a home run on anything though and he's had some nasty misses - last year's King Arthur was the absolute definition of a flop.

I've no idea why he got the Aladdin job, but I could see him being available to do another gig late this year, as I think Sherlock 3 is still a ways off. I also don't think Ritchie's a natural fit for what Captain Britain would be, which is a really weird mix up of old school fantasy stuff with modern world superhero tropes.

As for Cavill, that's certainly only come up because of the Superman talk coming up around the same time imo. I don't see him jumping from Superman to another superhero. I could see him jumping from Superman to do Bond though. But that's another topic.

Casting Captain Britain might be a bit awkward actually. How many decent British actors are about that also tick the boxes of

- able to bulk up significantly

- not too big of a name

- willing to commit to multiple films

- reasonably young

?

I struggle to think of any.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

- able to bulk up significantly

- not too big of a name

- willing to commit to multiple films

- reasonably young

?

I struggle to think of any.

and if they were all of those it sounds like they might be in the frame for another franchise too...

Â