Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

13 hours ago, Warnock said:

Seeing it tonight, can't bloody wait! Where would you rank it?

Probably best of them all, but I'll have to see it again to be sure!

Just got back from it, it’s good. Tied everything up so well. Went through a lot of emotions during it 

Spoiler

Can’t belive they killed off Black Widow poor Scarlett:unsure:

Think there were a couple of loop holes, sure someone can put me right?

Spoiler

How were some of the sons of Thanos on the battlefield? They had been killed pre snap (the big dude was killed by Banner)...if everyone was brought back from the dead, how come Vision wasn’t there? If Vision wasn’t ever created (as Avengers never had the mind stone), then surely Scarlett Witch could never have had her powers as Hydra never had the Scepta? 

Overall though a great way to round up the series, they can now start afresh with the new lot... If they decide to go that route, as with the Disney Streaming service coming out and having confirmed, Loki, Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch with Vision and Falcon and Bucky series’ they may concentrate in those for a few years first. 

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hide contents

Can’t belive they killed off 

Reveal hidden contents

How were some of the sons of Thanos on the battlefield? They had been killed pre snap (the big dude was killed by Banner)...if everyone was brought back from the dead, how come Vision wasn’t there? If Vision wasn’t ever created (as Avengers never had the mind stone), then surely Scarlett Witch could never have had her powers as Hydra never had the Scepta? 

Spoiler

I think it's simply Thanos' ship that was brought forward in time by past Nebula, and all of those not killed by the snap (Thanos, Gamora, Children of Thanos) were on the ship. 

A great way to tie everything up. 3 hours is a long time, but it didn't really seem long enough in some ways. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I think here that you're falling for the same misunderstanding of time-travel as Ant-man did :)   If something happened, it happened, and no playing with time will change that.

Also, Vision was not killed in the snap. So not brought back.

4 hours ago, MrDuck said:
  Hide contents

I think here that you're falling for the same misunderstanding of time-travel as Ant-man did :)   If something happened, it happened, and no playing with time will change that.

Also, Vision was not killed in the snap. So not brought back.

Spoiler

But that’s what didn’t make sense as some of the sons of Thanos had been killed pre snap as well and they were brought back in the battle. Therefore if they are bringing some back, the others should be as well.

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:
  Hide contents

But that’s what didn’t make sense as some of the sons of Thanos had been killed pre snap as well and they were brought back in the battle. Therefore if they are bringing some back, the others should be as well.

Spoiler

Yeah... but the Thanos that returns to Earth for the Endgame battle has time-travelled there from 2014, when the sons were still alive.

1 hour ago, MrDuck said:
  Hide contents

Yeah... but the Thanos that returns to Earth for the Endgame battle has time-travelled there from 2014, when the sons were still alive.

I’m fully aware of that, I understand the story! 

I think it’s a plot hole, you don’t we’ll leave it there 

• Haha 1

Completely lost for words. Can only echo what others have said here as it wrapping up the MCU perfectly.

Man... I feel like I’m coming down from an 11 year high. I’ve never experienced a movie like that in cinema before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m fully aware of that, I understand the story! 

I think it’s a plot hole, you don’t we’ll leave it there 

Spoiler

It's not a plot hole. They came to the future from before they died, before Infinity War, long before the snap. As said in the film as well, killing yourself or somebody in the past doesn't change the future that happened - it's the point Tony made, so them dying now changes nothing. And then being there now was before they originally died.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick said:
  Hide contents

It's not a plot hole. They came to the future from before they died, before Infinity War, long before the snap. As said in the film as well, killing yourself or somebody in the past doesn't change the future that happened - it's the point Tony made, so them dying now changes nothing. And then being there now was before they originally died.

Spoiler

It appeared to me that only Thanos’ ship came from the past. They then blew up the time machine. The rest of the fleet was summoned, it didn’t appear they came through the time portal. 

I may be wrong but that was the thought I came out with,  I’ll watch again anyway. 

Â