Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I'm on ep 7 of Daredevil s3 and it's rather excellent.

I think they've done a terrific job of writing a contemporary Bullseye.

Colin Farrell is the true Bullseye just like Adam West will always be Batman ?

Edited by Zatman

So the only marvel tv I’ve watched Ian series 1 of Jess jones. I want to watch a few more, never really liked Luke Cage in the Jess jones series, will I miss anything by not watching his series? From what I’ve read Daredevil and Punisher seem decent, is there a particular order I should watch them?

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So the only marvel tv I’ve watched Ian series 1 of Jess jones. I want to watch a few more, never really liked Luke Cage in the Jess jones series, will I miss anything by not watching his series? From what I’ve read Daredevil and Punisher seem decent, is there a particular order I should watch them?

The Netflix series are pretty standalone. You can skip character series without much loss. The only thing to stick to is watch Daredevil S2 before Punisher or Defenders, and watch/read a synopsis of the Defenders before watching the series that follow (especially Daredevil S3). I'd rate them as follows

Daredevil S1

Punisher

Jessica Jones S1

Luke Cage S2

Iron Fist S2

Daredevil S2

The Defenders

Iron Fist S1

Jessica Jones S2

Luke Cage S1

Daredevil series 3 will be going into the top 3 unless it falls off a cliff in its second half.

Luke Cage series 1 is crap, Jessica Jones 2 suffers from just being done, Iron Fist S1 is a mess but it's not as bad as most would have you believe. The Defenders is disappointing, Daredevil S2 suffers from a split personality undercooking it's plot(s), and bad choices. Iron Fist S2 improves on the first everywhere, Cage S2 is genuinely good, Punisher is really good, and Daredevil S1 is just a really good kicking off point with an excellent villain.

They have a single recurring issue - bloat. All the series bar Defenders and Iron Fist are 13 episodes long and in nearly every case that makes them at least 2 episodes too long with slow moments, dull storylines. Punisher most escapes this I think.

• Like 2

Finished Daredevil S3.

It's very good. It's back to the show at it's best, but with more confidence, seemingly bigger budget, and a fairly tight story. It might be better than the first series.

It's an excellent take on Bullseye, committed to the fact he's slightly daft in his ability, but also giving him a bit more depth that mostly works.

The Kingpin further matches towards his comic book self, and they also add some development to him straight from the page. He's a presence throughout the series, even if it borders on daft more than once, and the show is all the better for it.

Daredevil himself is a nice halfway point between the Murdoch we know and the one Frank Miller gave us in the Born Again arc, broken, cynical and worn down by the world. It's a really good performance from Cox again, in every aspect.

And the action is really good. The stand out comes in this series 'hallway' fight sequence. Another fake one shot, it's the longest and most ambitious they've done, right down to having a dialogue sequence in the middle. It sets the bar for action in the series, and while nothing else quite matches it, there's plenty of great moments. Particularly any time Daredevil and Bullseye square off. It still has the odd duff punch mind.

It's a bloody good series and if we don't see another, it leaves on a high note.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Famously one of the worst films ever made. The story behind it being made is great. The film rights to the Fantastic Four ended up with a German company who got them in the 80s for next to nothing. They then couldn't get a film made due to an inability to raise finances, and also couldn't get an extension on the period they held the rights for, so they decided at the last minute to make a film on a tiny budget as soon as possible to keep the rights. They hired B-movie legend Roger Corman to help produce it, a man who can make a movie with no resources and stretch every penny (an example of this - he made a film once with a bizarrely good soundtrack - because he bought rejected and unfinished Star Trek movie music for bugger all), brought in a music video director to direct, and cast it with a bunch of jobbing actors who mostly had done very minor roles on TV.

It then never got released, but bootlegs have been around for ages. It's crap, but you can kinda see they wanted to make something at least competent. The special effects are crap, but for the money they had and the time it was made they're surprisingly decent, and the actors actually give it a go throughout. It's still bad, bit there far, far worse out the there.

95 and has lived to see and cameo some of his creations on the big screen and crossed over to the mainstream and made billions.

Some life, i wonder did they get an Avengers 4 cameo in time. Would be fitting way

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

95 and has lived to see and cameo some of his creations on the big screen and crossed over to the mainstream and made billions.

Some life, i wonder did they get an Avengers 4 cameo in time. Would be fitting way

At around the time of Doctor Strange I think they said they filmed a bunch of cameos at a time with him, rather than per film, so I believe they have a few in hand. It wouldn't be too surprising if Avengers 4 was the last one though :(

Id imagine they'll keep references to him in the films though - in other things where he doesn't appear personally they've had things like photos of him in the background.

Sadly my French isn't what it used to be, and even then it was pretty poor.

But I'm not sure how I'd feel about this 

MARVEL-LOUS: OLIVIER GIROUD CAST AS VOICE OF GREEN GOBLIN IN NEW SPIDER-MAN CARTOON SERIES 

Olivier Giroud is to proudly extend the grand lineage of footballers moonlighting as actors by lending his voice to a new Spiderman cartoon series.

The Chelsea striker has been cast to voice the Green Goblin in French-dubbed version of Spiderman: New Generation, which is set to arrive in cinemas next month.

Giroud isn’t the only France international involved either, with PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe also signed up to play Scorpion, another of Spidey’s villanous enemies.

It wasn’t long ago we saw Antoine Griezmann voicing Superman in the French version of The Lego Batman Movie, with Blaise Matuidi in a supporting role as The Flash.

The World Cup win was okay, but it’s the cinematic achievements this Les Bleus team are leaving behind that will prove to be their real legacy.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/chelsea/279737/marvel-lous-olivier-giroud-cast-as-voice-of-green-goblin-in-new-spider-man-cartoon-series-video.html

Might be on to something her?

David Beckham as the Hulk, Paul Lambert as Iron Man, Rooney as Thor :D 

On 14/11/2018 at 10:57, sne said:

Sadly my French isn't what it used to be, and even then it was pretty poor.

But I'm not sure how I'd feel about this 

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/chelsea/279737/marvel-lous-olivier-giroud-cast-as-voice-of-green-goblin-in-new-spider-man-cartoon-series-video.html

Might be on to something her?

David Beckham as the Hulk, Paul Lambert as Iron Man, Rooney as Thor :D 

Paul Lambert is definitely Groot 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Netflix cancels Daredevil. I guess that means once Jessica Jones S3 and Punisher S2 are done that the Defenders universe is over. 

I think it's certainly the end of a R rated Defenders universe due to viewing figures dropping but Disney might relaunch it on their new family friendly streaming service... shame as really enjoyed some of the shows.

Jude Law's character in Captain Marvel has been revealed via a careless toy company (again). Spoilers for Captain Marvel...

Spoiler

He ISN'T playing Mar-vell, apparently. Which is a surprise. He's playing Yon-Rogg, a long time Captain Marvel villain who originally fought the Mar-vell incarnation and was involved in Carol Danvers origin as Ms. Marvel in the comics. Given they've supposedly changed her origin a bit (read: binned it and started again) chances are this version of the character is going to be fairly different in his relationship to her. But still, yeah, he's a villain. Methinks they're going to try pulling a Winter Soldier esque swerve...

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Jude Law's character in Captain Marvel has been revealed via a careless toy company (again). Spoilers for Captain Marvel...

Reveal hidden contents

He ISN'T playing Mar-vell, apparently. Which is a surprise. He's playing Yon-Rogg, a long time Captain Marvel villain who originally fought the Mar-vell incarnation and was involved in Carol Danvers origin as Ms. Marvel in the comics. Given they've supposedly changed her origin a bit (read: binned it and started again) chances are this version of the character is going to be fairly different in his relationship to her. But still, yeah, he's a villain. Methinks they're going to try pulling a Winter Soldier esque swerve...

The toy company thing happens so often now that you’d think it’s a set up. 

Finally watched Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Fun, but feels underwritten and very, very thin in places. Not as good as the first, equally not bad really at all. Just a bit nothing-y. It feels like a load of action sequences that then got arranged into a basic plot framework and the details filled in around it. With that said it is absolutely fun, but could have better.

Good end credit sequence mind.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

Finally watched Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Fun, but feels underwritten and very, very thin in places. Not as good as the first, equally not bad really at all. Just a bit nothing-y. It feels like a load of action sequences that then got arranged into a basic plot framework and the details filled in around it. With that said it is absolutely fun, but could have better.

Good end credit sequence mind.

I loved it. Full of excellent gags, and the Morrissey jokes were superb! I like that the Ant Man movies are a little less epic than the others, and they are as you say absolutely fun.

Brilliant twist at the end to link it in with the Infinity Wars ending.

Â