• Adomah
    • Grabban
    • Whelan
    • Kodjia
    • Bjarnason
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/18 at 18:45

Excellent 1st half performance last night. I actually thought after Villa scored Boro were there for the taking and with just a little more ambition the tie could have been over.

Second half Villa sat on the lead too much and invited Boro more into the game which was a disappointment for me.

Grabban was poor and Kodjia worse when he came on. Kodjia is still well short of match fitness and should be replaced by Davis on the bench for the second leg. Davis coming on instead of Kodjia in the second half would have pushed Villa further up the pitch more with Davis holding the ball up and allowing the likes of Grealish and Grabban to run past him.

As it is still a slight advantage going into the second leg but I’m still a little concerned about Villa’s older players if getting to Wembley as most of them were starting to blow out their arse after seventy minutes.

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

My father grew up a couple hundred meters from Bislett and one of my cousins never misses a home game.  I'm hoping to pick up a shirt when I visit next month.

You should check out the new stadium, too! 

On 12/05/2018 at 22:52, Michelsen said:

I’m exhausted. First, my Norwegian team win a kind of nervy 1-0 away from home, then Villa, then my Yankees come back to win in extra innings. A rare trifecta for me. And my birthday isn’t until tomorrow. 

Absolutely extatic with the result. Can’t ask for more. So, with that in mind, I feel greedy when I say this, but we really should have punished them harder in the second half. A bit more cool and willingness to keep the ball would have made it much easier for ourselves, and given us more chances to grab another. This is where Steve Bruce and I disagree, probably, but again I feel terribly greedy and ungrateful for saying it. 

I think your criticism is fair.....we did struggle to keep the ball.

but Steve Bruce said so himself.....He said" we should have kept the ball better"

surely thats an endorsement that ,thats what he expected/ wanted....not designed it.

• Like 1

Â