• Adomah
    • Grabban
    • Whelan
    • Kodjia
    • Bjarnason
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/18 at 18:45

I wondered how Bruce and company would try to contain Adama.  I thought it would be to attack on the wings to "force him" to track back.  Instead, we put the Scottish Cafu on him.  Hutton and Elmo swapped to keep Hutton on Adama.  I must say, it worked quite well.  Now the chess match continues.  What changes if Elmo can't go? What adjustments will Pulis make and will Bruce and Co. adapt?  I don't know if I can take the nerves till Tuesday.

Buzzing over the win.

41 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I'm bit pissed but thought JK & Snodgrass just strolling around pointing and shouting.

There' s a lot of negative briefing about Snoddy but he did come within about 0.005mm of scoring our 2nd goal so I suppose he deserves a smidgen of grudging acknowledgement for that.

Kodjia can't comment on as I had to go out at 6:45. But I did so safe in the knowledge that boro could play for another couple of hours and not score, thanks to an excellent team performance. Not sure why it seems necessary to single out individual players for criticism when we won a tough game through a good team effort.

[Forget it, Briny, it's just Chinatown...]

Edited by briny_ear

Just browsed a Boro forum for their reaction (can't sleep!) and I'd say 90% of their fans thought Villa were deserved winners and did a perfect job on them. Its funny how fans views can differ... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I’m exhausted. First, my Norwegian team win a kind of nervy 1-0 away from home, then Villa, then my Yankees come back to win in extra innings. A rare trifecta for me. And my birthday isn’t until tomorrow. 

Who's your Norwegian team?

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Tuesday will show the doubters and unaware exactly how majestic Villa Park is when full and the stakes are high. I wish I could be there.

Totally agree. We dont get to blow our own trumpet often but any neutral watching that will understand what an actual fan base looks like. 

Favouite thing about yesterday was when pulis tried to free up adama by changing him to the left ......only to see Hutton follow him! 

Really hope elmo is ok for tues but that didn't look good! 

• Like 1

Still buzzing from yesterday and never thought we'd come away with a win.  Wembley is in reach and a clean sheet is all we need.   A goal or two for us would be nice though.   If Elmo is out, i'd play Bree, but have Hutton man mark Adama and if that means Hutton switching sides throughout the game, then so be it.    Fantastic effort from the lads. 

55 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Favouite thing about yesterday was when pulis tried to free up adama by changing him to the left ......only to see Hutton follow him! 

Really hope elmo is ok for tues but that didn't look good! 

I haven’t watched any of the interviews after the game, was there any mention of his injury? I wasn’t sure if it was just a time wastey thing... hopefully he’s not too bad if he did pick up a knock.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I haven’t watched any of the interviews after the game, was there any mention of his injury? I wasn’t sure if it was just a time wastey thing... hopefully he’s not too bad if he did pick up a knock.

IF he had lay on the ground rolling around id have thought the same thing.  Just the way he was holding his leg looked a bit ominous. 

Hope it was playacting because he will be needed.

• Sad 1

The Black Azzuri did a fantastic job yesterday.  Hope Elmo is fit for the next leg because we looked pretty solid overall.    My only other concern would be should Jedi play again?  After Wolves at home we needed to freshen it up and didn't, and look how how that went.  No more "after the lord major show" please.  

31 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

The Black Azzuri did a fantastic job yesterday.  Hope Elmo is fit for the next leg because we looked pretty solid overall.    My only other concern would be should Jedi play again?  After Wolves at home we needed to freshen it up and didn't, and look how how that went.  No more "after the lord major show" please.  

Jedi can't play in the other leg. It's Whelan or Thor. Probably Whelan.

4 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Vålerenga, from Oslo. 

My father grew up a couple hundred meters from Bislett and one of my cousins never misses a home game.  I'm hoping to pick up a shirt when I visit next month.

• Like 1

Â