• Adomah
    • Grabban
    • Whelan
    • Kodjia
    • Bjarnason
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/18 at 18:45

Great result, professional performance in the first half of the tie. A draw would have been a decent result and still an advantage. They have it all to do now as chances are we’ll score at home. Just got to keep it tight and take chances 

23 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

There were certainly Echoes of the December game against them. It was a case of Us & Them

Despite Adama being able to Run Like Hell, the great defensive work by Hutton allowed us to Breathe

As the second half dragged on and it felt like we lost all sense of Time. The ref’s performance left us wondering if he had Brain Damage.

Thankfully we saw it through and now have High Hopes that we will soon again have The Happiest Days of Our Lives.

On the Money there mate! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would’ve liked another to make sure that Mike Dean can’t directly influence it too much on Tuesday but that was an excellent away performance, pleased with the result and if I’m thinking correctly then only a 1 goal win for Boro on the night will lead to ET/penalties?

Edited by AstonMartyn88

A solid win. Not a great game but I didn't really expect an end to end game when it was such an important match.  If I was being greedy  if Snoddy got that shot that would have been great as 2 up I couldn't see Boro coming back. We 1 nil up at half time so it is all to play for. One more big effort needed on Tuesday to get to Wembley. Come on you Villa Boys!

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Thats a bit harsh BE......He was taken care of.

If he was no danger, he wouldn't have been doubled up on.

What went wrong for us was......we hadn't got time to wait, we needed players to get us back now.

thats what happens with haste sometimes, decisions get made wrong.

Time and patience is a virtue.

Thought that was more tactical tbf. Pulis has made a big thing of putting Traore’s pace at the centre of boro’s attacking effort so neutralise him and boro’s attack is blunted.

But I thought he was pretty easily neutralised.

BTW, TRO, when you say “what went wrong for us...”, um, we came away with a 1-0 advantage from the away tie. Did it go wrong for us? Please enlighten me further.

Arguably......our not so good players seen us through this game.

I thought our big players was relatively quiet.....with respect.

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

Arguably......our not so good players seen us through this game.

I thought our big players was relatively quiet.....with respect.

Who are our “not so good” players?

Edited by briny_ear

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Who are our “not so good” players?

The ones who are not the eye candy.

you know who I mean Briny.....you have been too long at this.

I’m exhausted. First, my Norwegian team win a kind of nervy 1-0 away from home, then Villa, then my Yankees come back to win in extra innings. A rare trifecta for me. And my birthday isn’t until tomorrow. 

Absolutely extatic with the result. Can’t ask for more. So, with that in mind, I feel greedy when I say this, but we really should have punished them harder in the second half. A bit more cool and willingness to keep the ball would have made it much easier for ourselves, and given us more chances to grab another. This is where Steve Bruce and I disagree, probably, but again I feel terribly greedy and ungrateful for saying it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â