Villatalk loads incredibly slowly - or simply displays a single ad

TB

Question

For the past 48 hours, Villatalk has been very slow to respond. Using latest version Firefox / Chrome / Edge  on two different Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709 computers - cookies & caches cleared. I can watch the browser telling me which additional websites it's accessing slowly enough to see every single web address. I'm assuming most of these are ad-related.

When the page has loaded (finally!), clicking the 'Next' button either brings me to a totally blank page or a page merely showing a single ad. Clicking the 'Back' button in the browser once generally gets me to a page one step beyond where I wanted to be - e g. page 8 when I was on page 6 and wanted to move to page 7.

Every other website I access behave normally and loads quickly. Any suggestions?

Edited by TB
spelling

It sounds like one the ad networks has a misbehaving ad. When you get the single ad is it always the same one?

Does hitting reload when it's loading slowly help?

Is anyone else seeing the same?

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

Looks like a mixed bag if the links are to be believed. And that ad puts me in a bad light :P

Those ads could be related :)

Do you have a way to make this happen on demand, or is it just happening randomly? I've pulled one of the ads and I won't know how to tell if it's fixed the problem unless I can reproduce it somehow.

I cannot see a system  - it appears to happen randomly. All goes well for a couple of pages, then two or three blank pages in a row, or two single ads in a row,

I went through 30 pages of one of the longer topics this afternoon -  12-13 just loaded a blank page, 5 gave me a single ad, the rest loaded normally. But today, reloading the page worked as it should, thankfully. Firefox shows that it's waiting for content.invisioncic.com to respond. I'll look out for other sites in this message.

These are some of the ads - most seem to be ads for online gambling:

https://promotions.voodoodreams.com/banners/adform/nys01/NO-300x250_03.jpg

https://cdn.bannerflow.com/bf-images/5ad9a478a3b2ce42308db3ec.Xu1vuGe296j2.jpg?cb=636598096636161183

betsson.png

firefox waiting.png

Edited by TB
Added the site Firefox was waiting for
22 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Happened again. Blank page. But when I re-load the Home page, it goes there nicely. And I can go into any thread fine. But when I try to move forward to the next page, it gets stuck.

Just in case it's related - which link do you click to move to the next page?

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

Just in case it's related - which link do you click to move to the next page?

"NEXT"

To be more clear: this happens within a thread, when I try to go from page 100 to page 101 etc.

Edited by AVTuco
25 minutes ago, limpid said:

Also, is anyone seeing this on mobile?

Yep, same result as I posted above. Chrome on Android on mobile network.

Best way I can reproduce it is pick a multipage topic and just click Next without scrolling down. Usually pops up after 3 or 4 pages. As AVTuco said above.

If I refresh the non working page it usually renders it correct, so I'm not really stuck per see.

Edited by Tegis
more info

Went on Steve Bruce thread from page 1697 forward up to 1707 using NEXT and it worked fine now.

Loading the first page seems a tad slow still, maybe, but not a problem this, may be down to my computer aswell.

So, seems to work better now, I'll come back if the problem returns. Thanks mate.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Thanks 1

Yes, whatever the changes you made were it works much better now. Not a single blank page or single ad loaded for appx 60 pages on two topic threads. Thank you.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, limpid said:

Also, is anyone seeing this on mobile?

Yes this is happening for me too. iPhone IOS, it's congratulations you are 1 millionth visitor or something like that click here to win an iPad. Goes away when refresh the page

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yes this is happening for me too. iPhone IOS, it's congratulations you are 1 millionth visitor or something like that click here to win an iPad. Goes away when refresh the page

Are you still seeing this now? Since I posted that I think I fixed it?

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Are you still seeing this now? Since I posted that I think I fixed it?

Happened a couple of times about 20 mins ago but not since then. That same Ad appears at the top of the site each time but doesn't steal the page if that makes sense 

Just now, villaglint said:

Happened a couple of times about 20 mins ago but not since then. That same Ad appears at the top of the site each time but doesn't steal the page if that makes sense 

Sorry but it doesn't. Can you screenshot if it happens again?

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Sorry but it doesn't. Can you screenshot if it happens again?

Will do. 

I just meant that Villatalk still loads up just with the ad at the top (as it's supposed to be) rather than it being a blank page with only the Ad showing.