Sneakers

StefanAVFC

I'd never buy black trainers for myself, even if I think they look fine on other people. I always think they should have a bit of colour in them, otherwise I feel like I'm just wearing shoes. I'm the same with football boots, even though they're traditionally black.

There's a 20 year old lad in my office who has several pairs of expensive trainers, one pair being £800. I don't know if he does anymore, but he'd bring them in to work and change in to them to walk around the office and change again if he had to go outside for any reason. :lol:

He's the same with his clothes too, ridiculously priced jackets and the like. He's a nice enough lad, but what's odd is he obviously cares a lot about his appearance but then doesn't shave the very long, bumfluff off his face and appears to only get a £6 haircut every 4 months or so. It doesn't add up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'd never buy black trainers for myself, even if I think they look fine on other people. I always think they should have a bit of colour in them, otherwise I feel like I'm just wearing shoes. I'm the same with football boots, even though they're traditionally black.

There's a 20 year old lad in my office who has several pairs of expensive trainers, one pair being £800. I don't know if he does anymore, but he'd bring them in to work and change in to them to walk around the office and change again if he had to go outside for any reason. :lol:

He's the same with his clothes too, ridiculously priced jackets and the like. He's a nice enough lad, but what's odd is he obviously cares a lot about his appearance but then doesn't shave the very long, bumfluff off his face and appears to only get a £6 haircut every 4 months or so. It doesn't add up. 

I'm the same with black trainers. Something about them looks a bit weird. Even the ones on the previous page I was looking at have to have the big white sole on them

• Like 1

I used to be into sneekers, but I've kind of grown out of it now. Nothing outlandish, but I'd say at my height, I had about 12 different pairs. Mostly Nikes. Air Force Ones, Dunks, and Jordans. I'm currently rocking a paid of Adidas Hamburgs in black. I was never really into Adidas, so it's a bit of a departure for me. I do quite like them, but I still think my next trainers will be a return to Nike.   

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm the same with black trainers. Something about them looks a bit weird. Even the ones on the previous page I was looking at have to have the big white sole on them

I totally agree, I thought I was weird!

I can't wear and have never owned a solely black pair of trainers, it just doesn't look right. They pretty much have to be white going on my last 7-8 pairs.

Edited by AVFCDAN

I love black sneakers because they go with everything. Also because I prefer wearing black clothes anyway. Easier to maintain too, don't have to worry so much about scuff marks and the like.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are people calling them sneakers they are trainers !! 

On 02/05/2018 at 12:01, StefanAVFC said:

Like it or not, it's the name of the sub-culture :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Costs a LOT of money to have hair that looks that uncared for

I'm amused at the idea of collecting them.  Is this a British/European thing?   I don't know anyone over here in the states who collects them like that, but then I don't really hang around with anyone under 40 so it could be a generational thing that's also going on here without my knowledge.  Most people i know wear some form of athletic shoes (including low-rise hikers like Bicks' Merells) most of the time except when they're at work, usually with jeans or similarly casual pants, and only have one or two pair.  I've been wearing these pretty much exclusively for nearly 10 years.  I'm obviously a fashion icon.

adidas Men's Samba Classic Shoes - view number 2

• Like 1

Adidas' designers are the ones on the forefront ATM. The knit style with the sock fit uppers is the big trend. Some of them are really nice, some not so much. The simpler the better works best for me. That's why I prefer New Balance lately.

Â