Sneakers

StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

You can only wear 1 pair at a time.

I was going to say 'Yeah, that's what they want you to believe' and then post a hilarious picture of someone with trainers on their head or on their hands or anywhere, but I couldn't find anything. Literally nothing.

If google image is anything to go by, you're right, you can only wear one pair at a time sadly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was going to say 'Yeah, that's what they want you to believe' and then post a hilarious picture of someone with trainers on their head or on their hands or anywhere, but I couldn't find anything. Literally nothing.

If google image is anything to go by, you're right, you can only wear one pair at a time sadly.

upside_down_old_man.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm with @Ingram85, Deichmann are great for low cost decent shoes. I got a main pair of footwear there which have lasted me a while so far, the kind of shoes that might be £100-120 elsewhere, are £70 there and still do a solid job fine, and a pair of back up trainers for £20, 25 that do the trick. And as it's a TRAINERS thread I can recommend them for general wear. For working shoes, if you have the extra cash then spend it, but for a nice pair of casual footwear they're fine. 

• Like 1

I have about 40 pairs of trainers mainly because of my boredom on a night shift and internet shopping. 

Faves are Adidas gazelles, nike old skool tennis shoes, nike split toe sandals, Reebok, new balance, puma, asics, converse....heck, I've even got a pair of k Swiss.

My current fetish is for all black trainers of various brands.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

I have 6 pairs of Jordan Eclipse in various colours. They're to most comfortable thing I've ever worn. Can't imagine I'd ever call them sneakers though.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Anyone else?

:wave:

I've just trimmed my collection down from about 45 pairs to 35, mainly due to space issues, but there were a couple of pairs I knew I wasn't going to wear again.

Adidas mainly, got some lovely ultraboosts and recently copped a pair of laceless ones that I love.

Not been buying that many recently, tried in vain several times to get some Yeezy Boosts, but no luck and the new line is awful. 

• Like 2

Some of the numbers being mentioned in here :o

I have about ten pairs of shoes and trainers in total. And that includes a pair of wellies and also some indoor shoes that I use as slippers.

• Like 2

There's a few Adidas classics on sale that I keep having to prise myself away from

As I said, I'm pretty new to this but I'm fairly sure my collection is going to be around NB, Nike and Adidas. With Nikes and NB being the majority. 

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Some of the numbers being mentioned in here :o

I have about ten pairs of shoes and trainers in total. And that includes a pair of wellies and also some indoor shoes that I use as slippers.

Sure I've mentioned it before but I got rid of about 50 pairs of footwear last year that were out of favour. I've probably purchased a third of that number since. It's not a problem though - I could stop at any time.

Sort of related to this thread.... I was a yoof of the 80s and have frequently splurged many a wage packet on 80scasualclassics website trying to revive my teenage years....they have loads of old skool trainers and clothing  on there but some of the prices aint for the faint hearted :(

Edited by mottaloo

I'm a huge sneakerhead, with Air Jordans being my favorite. I don't have as much disposable income as I would like to indulge though, which is probably for the better because they don't come cheap :D

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's a few Adidas classics on sale that I keep having to prise myself away from

As I said, I'm pretty new to this but I'm fairly sure my collection is going to be around NB, Nike and Adidas. With Nikes and NB being the majority. 

It's funny how New Balance have become popular, I remember growing up my Dad steering me towards NB or Gola football boots and I'd tell him no **** way, I'm having Umbro.  Tbf i was thinking how nice some NB stuff was the other day.  I just go for Adidas in a shade of brown.

Never own more than a couple of pairs at any given time. Used to wear Nikes for years but have two pairs of Adidas originals now. My dark blue/white Gazelles are fantastic.

Then there’s two pairs of Chuck Taylors that will always be used from time to time, but they’re never my «main» pair. 

Â