E3 2018

LakotaDakota

Can't wait for DOA 6, probably my favourite fighting series after soul calibur

Unravel 2 will be at the EA conference in a couple of hours, First one was a nice enough sidescrolling platformer that looked superb in places

giphy.gif

EA suck donkey balls. Worst conference ever. That yuppie esport kid and the mobile rts ‘thing’. Wow. Not even Anthem will save this one ?

Low bar set for the rest of e3.

I posted before it was revealed as c&c, if anything that makes it even worse. Yes I know EA are always bad but this year they’ve outdone themselves. 

Anthem, in a shocking move, is Destiny with polish it seems.

They need to have more of this to show than they have so far. And it needs to be better when they do.

A surprising lack of Battlefield V considering how many monumental changes they are making to the multiplayer gameplay. Battlefield got like a few minutes and then on to FIFA which was odd.

Anthem unsurprisingly is the title they are pushing hard and it looks good. I am a loot grind kind of gamer so Anthem was always going to interest me. Very curious that it's launching the same day as Days Gone, so February is host to a pretty massive face off. 

The Origin Access Premier thing was neat, but it's £14.99 per month which is a high price when you can only keep the game while you're subbed. Xbox Game Pass works because it's under £10 with the same kinds of benefits.

As per usual EA didn't blow anyone away, but at this point I'm not sure if that is ever their intention. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

A surprising lack of Battlefield V considering how many monumental changes they are making to the multiplayer gameplay. Battlefield got like a few minutes and then on to FIFA which was odd.

The Origin Access Premier thing was neat, but it's £14.99 per month which is a high price when you can only keep the game while you're subbed. Xbox Game Pass works because it's under £10 with the same kinds of benefits.

They are showing a load more including some of the new single player stories stuff as part of the Microsoft show tomorrow and plenty more stuff will turn up over the next couple of days.

Seems there is also a yearly sub for £100, Currently games go into the EA Access Vault 6/7 months after release but with premier you get everything day 1. If you buy lots of EA stuff anyway £100/year isn't too bad as if you did the sub in sept/oct you would get NBA/Madden/NHL/FIFA Battlefield, Anthem all on day 1 as part of that £100 plus whatever else they turn out and access to the 50+ vault games. EA have also done a deal with warner meaning the Batman games (Arkham Asylum, city & origins) and other stuff will be available as part of the service.

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They are showing a load more including some of the new single player stories stuff as part of the Microsoft show tomorrow and plenty more stuff will turn up over the next couple of days

All the footage is up on YouTube as YouTubers are doing their job for them (again). The game looks decent, it doesn't look as revolutionary as the game sounded on paper.. 

I have a lot of opinions based on what I have seen so far and I will sleep on them before talking about them. Some things I have seen that I like, but other things look absolutely terrible..

Days Gone getting a February release and the new trailer looks very good indeed.

I might not bother with EA next year. It's a complete waste of time. It's the same conference every year - arguably worse this year than ever with it. The formula is unshifting - DICE joint, fifteen minutes of FIFA (this year with even less to say than usual), the EA Sports general 10 minutes, 5 minutes of artsy indie darling, end with tentpole title.

Anthem looks like something 3 years behind the curve and curiously empty with it. Pretty but there's nothing there to grab me. It's Destiny with bells on. Bioware is a shell of itself.

Anywho I guess E3 proper can start now. Microsoft need a **** megaton presentation tomorrow. Without that they may as well call time on the generation from their perspective. I really doubt they will though. I can't see them bringing anything that is going to grab anyone they don't already have. Especially if the rumours of them going hard on Gears and Halo are true - they would need to outright blow me away for me to give much of a **** about either 

EA was formulaic. I was in a group call while it was happening and I was calling out what was going to be shown next as if I had the script in front of me. While they were showing Unravel 2, I was like "EA Originals next.." and my friends were stunned when it happened. They have been doing the same conference for the last 5 years, hell their CEO has been using the same script for the last few years, he literally says the same shit in a different order every year. 

As for Microsoft I don't know what they are going to do. I personally don't think they care about competing and I say that not because they have "lost" the sales war, but because Phil Spencer is wired like that. You only have to look online to see the dozens of pro-consumer, pro-competition moves he is in favour of. Will Microsoft have a great E3? I think they will, but again it all depends on what people want out of this conference. If they want lots of games including a mix of Xbox/PC exclusives and more multi-platform games than any other conference then you'll be impressed, but if you're expecting Microsoft to show off their first party muscle I don't think you'll walk away pleased. Now that's not to say there won't be lots of first party titles on show, but I think a lot of Xbox gamers are expecting Microsoft to turn around a multi-year problem almost overnight. 

Â