E3 2018

LakotaDakota

Think that’s a bit unfair on halo as for me Halo 3 multiplayer was THE pinnacle of the series. It was perfect in every way and the only MP shooty bang bang I’ve ever enjoyed.

Maybe because I’m playing through the master chief collection at the moment but I loved blasting through combat evolved and am enjoying halo 2 even more. 

Like anything though, it will have fans and detractors. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Looks like Fallout 76 is Bethesda's big title for the conference. Ugh.

It's apparently set to be a long conference as well so expect perhaps a good hour dedicated to Fallout 76.

sony are doing some weird sort of advent calendar every day news reveal in the build up, think todays was a load of VR games, sounds like they will do some release dates and at least 1 worldwide studio announcement in the next week 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

sony are doing some weird sort of advent calendar every day news reveal in the build up, think todays was a load of VR games, sounds like they will do some release dates and at least 1 worldwide studio announcement in the next week 

Today's reveal was Tetris: Effect a PS4/PSVR exclusive.

They started the stream, showed a trailer for some dance music infused Tetris game and then turned the stream off. It was quality content and the 100,000 people that tuned in were well and truly impressed. ?

Tomorrow is apparently the reveal of the release date for a Sony Worldwide Studios game.

36 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Just for fun, any predictions? Not that there's much left to predict...

Completely random - Microsoft announce a Crackdown demo/beta.

It's so hard to make predictions. I have seen so many rumours and so many official/unofficial leaks that my brain is fried right now..

I'm going to predict that Perfect Dark 2 is happening, that's my prediction for one of Microsoft's many reveals.

The closer we get the more interested in Microsoft's conference I get as they could show Gears 5, Halo 6, Fable 4, Horizon 4 and any other exclusives while also revealing games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Shadows Die Twice, it should be a good show.   

On Microsoft I'll predict they double down on their established franchises (more Gears! More Halo! Now with battle royale!) and as a result have another deeply disappointing performance.

And for another one - the return of Banjo.

For Sony... Err... Shadows Die Twice isn't Bloodborne 2.

Sony is the hardest to predict as they have already told us the main four games that will take up the majority of the show. I think Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2: Remake will be shown in some form, but that'll be about it for "reveals".

We might get another surprise "remaster" announced, but what they will choose at this point? Maybe Syphon Filter or something? As a huge Souls fan I wouldn't mind Demon's Souls: Remastered.

PS. Hearing talk that Shadows Die Twice is being published by Activision which will be interesting if true. Activision are firmly on board with games as a service titles in 2018 so who knows what this means long term. 

Edited by Daweii

Nintendo prediction - Switch ports of Mario Galaxy 1/2

(Can't claim to be original in this - they've released it for Shield in China and there's not much difference between the Shield and the Switch underneath. Others have made the same guess)

bayonetta 3 will be the big switch title, i dont get that game, its ok 7/10 maybe not the stone cold 10/10 game that critics say it is

lots of ports, more smash brothers news, metroid and a star fox game 

N64 classic too surely?

N64 Classic is so obvious I kinda think it's barely a prediction at this point. They are clearly going to do it and have ever since the NES Classic hit harder than they ever could have imagined. A case of when rather than if.

I'm hoping Nintendo don't dedicate too much time to Smash. Great and all, but it's still just Smash.

I'd hope there was some of Metroid shown. And that it looks good.

And hopefully they don't overdo the ports. We know there's a whole lot coming, but hopefully they've got something else to show.

Rumour has it that MS will be announcing a new Halo game that's not Halo 6, called "Halo: Infinity"

I really hope it's a BR game. Genuinely think with Halo mechanics, they could create a really good BR game. 

Appreciate i'm the only one who will be excited by this though. 

50 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Rumour has it that MS will be announcing a new Halo game that's not Halo 6, called "Halo: Infinity"

I really hope it's a BR game. Genuinely think with Halo mechanics, they could create a really good BR game. 

Appreciate i'm the only one who will be excited by this though. 

There is a lot of speculation around the new Halo.

Some talk is that it's Halo 6 and they dropped the numbering scheme.

Other speculation is that Halo: Infinity is a rename for Master Chief Collection. Microsoft now have ways to constantly update a game with more games. So Halo: MCC becoming Halo: Infinity and Halo 5 being added, with Halo 6 becoming a game you can buy within Infinity would work. It's something publishers have toyed with for a while, the idea of just releasing "Call of Duty", or "Destiny" and then within that is a menu where you choose to play Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Destiny 3 and so on. This could be Microsoft's attempt at that given every Halo is now on Xbox One. 

Some other talk is that it's a Battle Royale. I'm not 100% convinced on that solely because it's such an easy rumour these days given the genres popularity, but who knows given we are heading into an E3 where one of the rumours is three Gears of War games, one of which is rumoured to also be a Battle Royale game. Who knows what Halo: Infinity is at this point. 

Â