E3 2018

LakotaDakota

RAGE 2 is picking up pace...

Observations to be made;

• Same pink as the @RAGEgame Twitter used to correct Walmart's placeholder posting.
  • The clock face points to 5:14pm, which if turned into a date would make 5/14/2018 (Monday 14th May).
  • The obvious is Big Ben which is likely a tease of the games location. 

It's very likely we're going to get a RAGE 2 reveal on Monday. 

More Bethesda tease images for "something"...

Spoiler

32313326_1629699603746010_57998858045829

32228722_1629699590412678_34809382445588

32207323_1629699610412676_83142914850926

Okay so as with the first image the pink is prevalent in all of the images;

• The second image of a rocket in flight is of course "Rocket 5-14" so another link to a reveal on Monday 14th May.
  • The rocket in flight looks to be over some major countryside, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly where in the World it is as many Countries have countryside like that.
  • The third image is a complete mystery though. I see no obvious link to 5:14 that has been in every image so far, the only obvious link is the pink again. 
  • The locale could also be pretty much any built up metropolitan area.

Bethesda are certainly revving up the hype machine for this one. If it is RAGE 2 then it seems like it will have very little to do with the first RAGE, which in itself makes a ton of sense as RAGE 1 didn't really get the reception iD Software expected. 

Definitely looking forward to a possible reveal on Monday. 

Edited by Daweii

If the next image they tease is of a "field" then I'll be changing my prediction from RAGE 2 to Starfield super fast;

My other thought process is;

• Image 1 shows the date.
  • Image 2 shows it's space themed.
  • Image 3 shows a star of sorts..

If Image 4 shows a field then they are teasing their new in-house RPG "Starfield", but given image 3 only looks like a star if you squint I'm not holding out much hope for that to be honest.

Unexpected that this would get a sequel, but I am intrigued. I am personally all for a new RAGE provided they get rid of all of the racing segments which felt at odds with what the game was trying to be. 

On 11/05/2018 at 14:26, Daweii said:

More Bethesda tease images for "something"...

Hide contents

32313326_1629699603746010_57998858045829

32228722_1629699590412678_34809382445588

32207323_1629699610412676_83142914850926

Okay so as with the first image the pink is prevalent in all of the images;

• The second image of a rocket in flight is of course "Rocket 5-14" so another link to a reveal on Monday 14th May.
  • The rocket in flight looks to be over some major countryside, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly where in the World it is as many Countries have countryside like that.
  • The third image is a complete mystery though. I see no obvious link to 5:14 that has been in every image so far, the only obvious link is the pink again. 
  • The locale could also be pretty much any built up metropolitan area.

Bethesda are certainly revving up the hype machine for this one. If it is RAGE 2 then it seems like it will have very little to do with the first RAGE, which in itself makes a ton of sense as RAGE 1 didn't really get the reception iD Software expected. 

Definitely looking forward to a possible reveal on Monday. 

The 3rd image of a cross roads..

There are only two countries in the world with such cross-road systems  (diagonal cross-roads), Canada and Japan.

Japan did it first in Tokyo.  Toronto copied it.

This information is true as of 2013 when I was told by a Canadian tour operator on my honeymoon and I asked him about the one in Dundas-Younge Square, Toronto.

• Like 1

Very interesting @lapal_fan I'd have never jumped to it potentially being in Japan, although I did have a slight suspicion that it might be somewhere in North America, but not specifically Canada. 

Spoiler

Dc2eCIgXUAAA-yN.jpg:large

Dc7wZQSXUAE-DCo.jpg:large

Some more teaser images while I am here. One of them is clearly Times Square at least to my eyes, but again if they're trying to be ambiguous it could be a location that shares similarities. The other is just another date tease of Monday May 14th. 

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

Very interesting @lapal_fan I'd have never jumped to it potentially being in Japan, although I did have a slight suspicion that it might be somewhere in North America, but not specifically Canada. 

Reveal hidden contents

Dc2eCIgXUAAA-yN.jpg:large

Dc7wZQSXUAE-DCo.jpg:large

Some more teaser images while I am here. One of them is clearly Times Square at least to my eyes, but again if they're trying to be ambiguous it could be a location that shares similarities. The other is just another date tease of Monday May 14th. 

Again, that Times Square one could easily be Dundas-Younge Square in Toronto  (Canada's Time Square as it's locally known).  I looked at Canada's crossing signal, but it doesn't have a crown on it.  I guess that would be a big clue I guess.

• Like 1

@lapal_fan I was actually going to ask if you saw any yellow cabs in Toronto. I am a big fan of how ambiguous they are being as aside from the Big Ben image at the start of this reveal everything else could be numerous places. 

5 minutes ago, hogso said:

What about if the game takes place on literally the whole planet

That would be very interesting. I know we've had games like The Crew/Crew 2 which have done all of of the US, but never all of Earth.

Well I guess the Flight Sim games have done all of Earth, but a Google Maps satellite texture on a large sphere isn't quite the same. You can't land anywhere in a Flight Sim and start walking down the roads of Quebec, it's a flat photo for the most part.  

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

@lapal_fan I was actually going to ask if you saw any yellow cabs in Toronto. I am a big fan of how ambiguous they are being as aside from the Big Ben image at the start of this reveal everything else could be numerous places. 

Yea they do exist.

I couldn't remember off the top of my head, but a quick Google shows plenty in Toronto. 

I say all this but I've never played a rage game and have no idea what they are about.

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Yea they do exist.

I couldn't remember off the top of my head, but a quick Google shows plenty in Toronto. 

I say all this but I've never played a rage game and have no idea what they are about.

RAGE was a post-apocalyptic FPS game with a very big Racing component, an almost overbearing Racing component if I'm honest.

It was basically Fallout if Fallout was a linear FPS that was over in 6 hours. Based on the teasers though it seems like this a reboot of sorts given the first game wasn't anything special.

So all these images of modern day Toronto/Japan/New York/London and whatever else could be the games setting even though the original was set in a nondescript wasteland.

• Thanks 1

RAGE 2 is being developed by Avalanche Studios of Just Cause and Mad Max fame. There will be a gameplay trailer and more info tomorrow at 3pm UK time. Now for those that haven't seen it, the trailer is now officially out;

Expect to see more at E3 2018. The game looks pretty cool to me, it's completely different to RAGE 1 aside from the fact it's in a wasteland, but it looks way more action packed. It's almost like DOOM meets Far Cry meets Fallout which sounds rad as **** to me. 

Lets hope other Publishers start talking a bit more about their E3 plans so this thread can stop being a pseudo-RAGE 2 thread ?

There was a playstation blog last week i think from one of the usual suspects from the e3 presentation saying expect to only see the 4 1st party games this year, spiderman, death stranding, last of us, samurai game

They dont normally come out with that much detail so maybe trying to throw people off the scent

I think he also said they did have some new 3rd party game reveals

What happened to the canned star wars game? They're a really bad job of cashing in on the series return

Â