E3 2018

LakotaDakota

Some good games in Switch but even I think that was a disaster for them. Nothing that reallyexcited me even though I'm a big fan of mario party.

Fortnite has not impressed me either lame it a free game. Also absolutely no info on the online plans and if there will be a virtual section. Very very lame

Smash is popular because it's an easily approachable fighting game that also works as a party game, but at the same time has enough depth to be a genuine competitive fighter. Couple that to the Nintendo all stars mash up basis and it's a popular title that no-one has really managed to successfully copy that well.

• Like 2

It's largely still relevant because it has a huge competitive following. People are still playing Melee(?) and that came out around 16 years ago. I don't care much for it, but eSports, streaming and competitive gaming in general is big enough to carry a games success now, Smash is held in really high regard in those circles still so the game will make tons of money for Nintendo. It's why their E3 was so focused in on it.

On 13/06/2018 at 12:27, Paddywhack said:

After completing Zelda and getting my fill of Mario Kart, my Switch has been collecting dust in the corner of my living room, waiting for a game to be released that I might actually be interested in.

That's what happens with every recent Nintendo console. You should have known that when you bought it. They haven't had any proper 3rd party support for their consoles for years. 

i agree with the first bit

would say this is also the same as what they do with 1st party support, its the same franchises being released at pretty much the same rate, the 1st party support that is the reason people want a nintendo console isnt as good as people think it is

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

That's what happens with every recent Nintendo console. You should have known that when you bought it. They haven't had any proper 3rd party support for their consoles for years. 

Sorry.

Â