E3 2018

LakotaDakota

Getting close to that time of year again.

Cyberpunk 2077 may actually be making an appearance according to the exhibitor directory which lists CD Projekt Red having a multi-format RPG game they are showing https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=cMVYnmG6#

Main show times below with Sony yet to confirm a time

Saturday, June 9

Electronic Arts -- 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 7 PM UK

Sunday, June 10

Microsoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM UK
    Bethesda -- 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET / 2.30 AM UK(Monday, June 11)

Monday, June 11

Ubisoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM UK
    Sony -- evening (unconfirmed)

Tuesday, June 12

Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM UK

• Like 1

Bethesda yet again with a start time that absolutely **** with any UK viewers that want to watch live including myself. 

I am super excited to finally get to see Cyberpunk 2077, yet I am curious to see what platform they show it on because CD Projekt have already said that Cyberpunk 2077 is designed with "next-gen" in mind. My bets are on it being shown on the Sony stage, but I feel that they will be ambiguous about whether it's PS4 or PS5 footage.

The great thing about this E3 is that some studios will start trickling out trailers for games that aren't intended for this generation, as we are pretty close to PlayStation 5 (within the next 18 months) at the very least.

finished god of war and didnt take me long to think guerilla knocked horizon out of the park, santa monica knocked GoW out of the park....forget spiderman and days gone, maybe even forget the last of us and death stranding, this is the one

xbox needs games games games, so expect a new halo and forza game 

id expect far cry and AC DLC, maybe some god of war DLC, hopefully the resident evil 2 remake, FF7

Edited by villa4europe

Expecting a new Halo to get announced and otherwise a bitterly disappointing MS show with barely any decent exclusives.

Hopefully lots of Battle Royale, a DICE BR would be just lovely. 

53 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Expecting a new Halo to get announced and otherwise a bitterly disappointing MS show with barely any decent exclusives.

Hopefully lots of Battle Royale, a DICE BR would be just lovely. 

A new Halo game would be nice and hopefully it'll be a Play Anywhere title so I can play a legal version of Halo on PC for once.

This will be the E3 of BR's though. I think Battlefield, Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption are all doing the rounds online with regards to having BR modes. 

Remedy have announced that Project 7 (P7) will be there. First multi-platform (excluding PC) game that they have made since Max Payne 2 after Alan Wake & Quantum Break being exclusive to Xbox.

Can't see MS announcing loads of exclusives but the X is by far the best way to play all multi-platform games so it's not like there aren't a pile of games to play regardless

Curious about Square Enix's "Avengers Project". It'd make sense to see something of it now, seeing as the film has just come out. Possibly a release date of next year in time for the next film?

SE now have their own conference on Monday, before Ubisoft. Avengers, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts, maybe DQ XI and the next wave of FFXV DLC... 

Outside chance of an FF7R release date, and maybe, maybe, a new trailer. You'd like to think so. 

Info on the mobile apps perhaps (which do them pretty good business (FFRK, Exvius, and OperaOmnia). 

Long, long odds on the announcement of a new FF game, be it XVI or another spin off, seeing as the workforce will be concentrating on all of the above, I assume. 

What we'll likely see;

Final Fantasy 15 detailing the 3-4 DLC episodes coming over 2018/19.

Kingdom Hearts 3 footage, release dates and release editions/bundles. I fully expect a limited edition KH3 PS4 bundle.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider trailer. They will likely save game play for the Microsoft stage (Microsoft are an advertising partner on that game).

Aside from that we may get more on the Avengers project, but other than that I don't think it's going to be a huge blow out of info.

The biggest issue Square Enix have is keeping all this under-wraps. Their E3 2018 presentation is pre-recorded which means like most Nintendo Directs these days someone will likely leak its contents ahead of time.

I can confirm The Division 2 which will be shown off at the very least on the UbiSoft stage (maybe Sony/Microsoft too). Now this isn't confirmed, but I believe that The Division 2 will launch September 2018.

For me the other games pretty much nailed on from that list are;

• The Last of Us 2 (gameplay demo and release estimate)
  • Destiny 2: Comet (reveal and release date)
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake (new trailer)
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 (new trailer)
  • NBA 2K19 (new trailer, gameplay demo and release date)
  • Dreams (new trailer and release date)
  • Gears of War 5 (gameplay demo and release estimate)
  • Forza Horizon 4 (gameplay demo and release date)

As for games I am not sure on;

• Splinter Cell
  • RAGE 2
  • Borderlands 3
  • Assassins Creed
  • Just Cause 4

RAGE 2 would be the biggest surprise out of those five just because the original RAGE was poorly received, sold terribly and is a black mark on iD Software's otherwise stellar catalogue of games.

PS. All of these are predictions just in case they accidentally get taken as gospel. The only one that isn't a prediction is The Division 2 which is 100% confirmed to be at E3. 

Dont know about dreams, the studio is more than capable but it just looks a bit of a nothing game, theyll need some big development in it for it to be worthwhile

Sonys biggest danger is showing a load of games that they announced to fanfare 2 or 3 years ago, at least horizon, gow and detroit wont be shown...(unless gow has dlc which theres every danger) 

Too early for a new killzone? Trying to think which of their studios are queit, the syphon filter guys are doing days gone so thats a no, LBP team are doing dreams, the journey guys are doing an ios game, insomniac are doing spiderman,  sucker punch are doing that japanese game, im not sony will do anything new and exclusive

Guerrilla Cambridge aren't working on anything as far as I know, but they could be working on a follow up to 2013's Killzone: Shadow Fall.

The core Guerrilla Games studio likely isn't working on much after finishing up all the post-launch content for Horizon: Zero Dawn, I doubt they are past the planning phase on a follow up to that.

I do see what you mean @villa4europe that Sony's E3 much like last years could be a whole lot of showing games that were announced in 2015/2016, I hope not though. 

As a huge Dark Souls/Bloodborne nerd, I really want to see more of that Shadows Die Twice game that From Software teased at the Game Awards, I don't think it's a PS4 exclusive, but it'd be nice to see it at Sony's E3 conference. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think im in the minority that actually quite likes the killzone series so im hoping for a new one

I definitely preferred Killzone 2 to the newer games, not that I disliked the more recent games. I just preferred that Killzone 2 had a distinct identity with very deliberate weight to each gun that made that game feel 100% unique.

Now I know why they changed it in Killzone 3 because it felt like input lag, but I feel that in making the guns more responsive it just felt more like Call of Duty than the series did before.

I would love a new Killzone though, I do enjoy that series regardless of how I feel about certain changes to the series over the years.

I'm pretty sure the Shadows Die Twice trailer is Tenchu. Loved PS1/PS2 Tenchu so if we get more of that and less of the Xbox 360 crap they released I'll be very happy.

My GOTY will be the Cyberpunk trailer

• Like 1

Bethesda's official Twitter also responded to it... I don't know what to think now, RAGE 2 being super unlikely was my entire basis for Splinter Cell, Borderlands 3, Just Cause 4 and Assassins Creed not being at E3 this year. Welp, colour me intrigued..

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Days Gone has had a preview appear in an American mag this week, might be more of that shown.

Almost 100% guaranteed. It's been shown off at the last two E3's, I'd be surprised if that one didn't appear. 

Â