Pre Match Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He is going for the golden boot, but for me, you have to make the big calls and ignore sentiment.

Yeah I get that, of course.

Why start Chester then?

Edit - maybe Bruce doesn’t have an alternative

Edited by Shropshire Lad

What shape will that team play? Is Kodjia on the left wing with Adomah on the right?

Bunn gets a farewell gift, he's hugely popular around the training ground - I'm not sure he's a great keeper, but he's very well liked - I suspect he'll goon to be a decent coach.

Bree, Lansbury and Hogan are all very good fringe players. 

It'll be interesting to see how up for it this team are.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I get that, of course.

Why start Chester then?

Edit - maybe Bruce doesn’t have an alternative

Chester starts as we need a captain out there, plus if he lasts the full 90 he’ll have played every minute of the regular season

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Chester starts as we need a captain out there, plus if he lasts the full 90 he’ll have played every minute of the regular season

Wouldn’t the appearance thing fall under the “sentiment” bracket?

As for needing a captain, Hourihane, Jedinak could both do the job I think.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

13 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Wouldn’t the appearance thing fall under the “sentiment” bracket?

As for needing a captain, Hourihane, Jedinak could both do the job I think.

We’re literally not allowed to rest everyone. 

So some big players have to play. 

I imagine Bruce has prioritised and made a selection based on fitness and importance. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

We’re literally not allowed to rest everyone. 

So some big players have to play. 

I imagine Bruce has prioritised and made a selection based on fitness and importance. 

Yeah I know we’re not allowed to rest everyone. Pretty sure we’re well within the rules with that squad even if he did rest Chester.

I’m just asking the question. We’re resting Grabban even though he has his own personal goal, but we’re playing Chester with his own personal goal.* 

I’d rather we rested Chester personally but I doubt it will matter, he will come through today unscathed.

*assuming Grabban and Chester both want top scorer and a full season appearance respectively, I don’t know for definite that they’re that fussed.

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good, sensible line up, score and performance (momentum is a complete myth) totally irrelevant.

Saying that, that is still a good side and I expect we will secure at least a point.

P=mv ;)