Pre Match Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Isn’t the rule that ten of previous match day squad have to be named in the next squad?

No I think it's 10 of the previous match day squad 19. 

We would would be hard pressed to come foul of that without playing the mascot.

Edit...sorry read that wrong, thought you said team, you are right.

Edited by Nigel

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Isn’t the rule that ten of previous match day squad have to be named in the next squad?

So the likes Lansbury, Hogan, Onomah (even Bunn) who were on the bench against Derby can all start and we’re still complying with the rules. I think, anyway.

Again, don’t mind too much about the result. No injuries and suspensions and I’ll be content.

Correct.

Can understand it if there are permutations for the particular fixture effecting other clubs going up or down, etc. But this is effectively a dead rubber and will affect absolutely no other club. Unless Derby lose and we give them a 9-0 win so they get the playoff spot.

But we have 2 of the most important fixtures to navigate in 3 days coming up, yet we'll be forced to risk key players for a game that doesnt matter? Stupid rule, be fuming if we get any injuries or suspensions that carry over to the playoffs. Think how much promotion will be worth to us, and it could be unnecessarily jeopardised.

Just Box it clever spud.

b8ecc7179919c814f39699852f584d91.png

No point playing the majority of the first team. I want Kodjia and Hutton out there solely to get them more minutes for the playoffs. Hopefully Adomah can find his form again too. 

I'd also give Gabby this match, but I am not so sure he is fit to start. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm up for resting plenty of players, but I'd still like us to be really trying to win this.

Momentum means a lot going into the playoffs.

It doesn't really as huddesfield were shite for the last two resting players yet still went up.

It's all about who wants it the most. 

I agree on protecting resting Grealish.  You've surely got to rest Chester & Elmo too now at this stage.  There is zero benefit to using them.  OK Chester gets a feather in his cap for playing every minute of the league, but's that's **** all use if he's watching the playoffs with a pulled hamstring.  Similarly, 30 year old Elmo has 43 appearances this season (36 starts with 33 of those going the full 90).

• Like 3

Bunn

Bree                 Samba                  Richards             Hutton

Whelan

Lansbury              Onomah

O'Hare                                                                          Agbonlahor

Davis

subs: Johnstone,Chester,Hourihane,Jedinak,Snodgrass,Hogan,Green

I remember going to the old Den back in the 70s. 

we took one coach (lost the back window on the way out)

As we got off the coach, the Villa special pulled into the station   . Scary day out. But I'm glad I went

If my memory serves me well Brian Little scored with a bicycle kick 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I remember going to the old Den back in the 70s. 

we took one coach (lost the back window on the way out)

As we got off the coach, the Villa special pulled into the station   . Scary day out. But I'm glad I went

If my memory serves me well Brian Little scored with a bicycle kick 

Div 2

Sep 1st 1973 1-1 Sir Brian 

OR

April 1st 1975  won 3-1  Chico, Keith Leonard & Sir Brian

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Div 2

Sep 1st 1973 1-1 Sir Brian 

OR

April 1st 1975  won 3-1  Chico, Keith Leonard & Sir Brian

Thank you for the info @SirSteveUK  must have been 1973 as I was 15 and still at school at the time, when ever I think about old games I remember us winning :)

On 29/04/2018 at 21:52, HanoiVillan said:

Well, no one has been accused of breaking these rules yet, so I guess we'll see. However, I suspect that they might just say 'well that's obviously bullshit isn't it', but maybe in more reserved terms. 

Get Samba to go round giving everyone dead legs.

On 30/04/2018 at 09:19, wedge said:

I'm aware we can't but just for the laugh:

Bunn

Bree Richards Samba Taylor

Tuanzebe Onomah Lansbury O'Hare

Gabby Hogan

We actually could.  Hogan, Lansbury, Onomah, Taylor & Bunn were all in the previous matchday 18, so as long as 5 of our 7 substitutes were also in that matchday squad, that makes 10 and is therefore similar enough to be legal.

However I wouldn't use O'Hare & Bree.  They will have played the PL Cup final 2 days previously and will have a vital promotion game soon afterwards. No point hampering them in a dead rubber senior game when their own season could be coming to a very successful conclusion.  There are plenty of other ways we could fill those gaps though, and still be legal.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'd definitely play Gabby in this one. Give him one last game. 

I agree.  It's an elegant win-win for all involved, and I think we can give him that.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2018 at 06:44, matteyp said:

Millwall with nothing to play for, didn't expect that.  to Good game for Onomah to play and Barnie if fit.  And Kodja to start.  Beyond that, who cares?  But I want a Villa win.

Rather give one of our youngsters a game.

Why give an outing to another club's player?

• Like 1