Pre Match Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

39 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Last game of the season and we can't go up or go down any places in the league.

So, what are you wearing for fancy dress?!?

We can't go down to Bermondsey looking like a bunch of absolute mincers in fancy dress. :lol:

That goes for the title of this thread too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As I said it would be weeks ago, this is a total dead rubber and as such, it's time to make some changes.

I think Kodjia could do with a start here to help him get back up to speed, and possibly Jedinak and Thor.

Rest Snoddy, Jack, JT and Albert.

Couldn't think of a worse place to finish the season, just glad we don't have to play them 3 times in 10 days.

2-0 to them and on we go to more important matters.

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Put the reserves out for this. It means nothing to either team.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Rest everyone. I'd even start Gabby 

Sadly there are now rules in place to prevent this, so 10 of the team sheet have to have been on the previous teamsheet. However, I would rotate as much as possible and have three or four reserves or kids on the bench to come on ASAP. Injuries are a real concern. 

• Like 1

Johnstone 

Bree Chester (to have played in every game) Samba Clark

Lansbury Onomah 

O Hare

RHM Davis Green (if fit)

We have nothing to lose so may as well rest everyone (even though I’m sure Terry would live to go to Millwall)

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sadly there are now rules in place to prevent this, so 10 of the team sheet have to have been on the previous teamsheet. However, I would rotate as much as possible and have three or four reserves or kids on the bench to come on ASAP. Injuries are a real concern. 

How can there be enforceable rules about it? They all got knocks in training or felt a twinge. 

Players I don't want to see starting: Terry, Grealish, Snodgrass, Hourihane, Grabban. 

An injury to any of them would severely damage our playoff hopes. Give some game time to Lansbury, Onomah, Hogan, Kodjia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blunther said:

How can there be enforceable rules about it? They all got knocks in training or felt a twinge. 

Well, no one has been accused of breaking these rules yet, so I guess we'll see. However, I suspect that they might just say 'well that's obviously bullshit isn't it', but maybe in more reserved terms. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Put the reserves out for this. It means nothing to either team.

fortunately derby proved me wrong in that i thought jack would have the proverbial kicked out of him saturday and we seemingly came out of the game injury free...that said i agree with the above rather than risking it

Isn’t the rule that ten of previous match day squad have to be named in the next squad?

So the likes Lansbury, Hogan, Onomah (even Bunn) who were on the bench against Derby can all start and we’re still complying with the rules. I think, anyway.

Again, don’t mind too much about the result. No injuries and suspensions and I’ll be content.

• Like 1